“Highly overpriced”

Ranked #140 of 336 Hotels in Orlando
Merritt Island, Florida
“Highly overpriced”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

We found this hotel to be highly overpriced. This place is a motel with hotel type prices, the room was small and the air conditioner did not work very well, the room was very uncomfortable. The one positive is that is is on Disney property and you get to use the Disney buses.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (917)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Montreal
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Decided to stay two nights after our fantastic Disney Cruise since our flight back home wasn't until Monday. Clean room but below what I am used to when staying at Disney. Normally I stay at a moderate hotel but these hotels were designed with family in mind and saving them money. I can never say anything negative about the staff at any of their locations.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

We went on our honeymoon looking for a hotel that was inside Disney and didn't have to travel far to get to the parks.
Pros: Disney has a great transportation
Service for their guests, never had to wait that long for the transportation to and from the parks. They also have transportation from and to Orlando international airport, the magical express... Great! They can even get your bags for you and deliver them to your room. Way to go in relieving you from that!
The rooms are not that big, but enough for someone who is jut staying their to sleep.
There is a laundry room, pool, and restaurants.
Wifi connection is great almost everywhere
Buy the refillable mug if you are a thirsty person! Soft drinks are expensive if you add everything you drink in the day.
If you buy in the parks they deliver your things to the hotel without having to drag the bags all day, great service!

Cons: the shower is in the same level as the toilet floor, kinda yucky if you ask me.
No business centre, so if you need Internet, wifi is al you get, not very good if you have to print some thing.
If you don't buy dinner plans when you buy the trip you can't get them when you re already there... Advice... Buy them, food is pretty expensive and you drink a lot of water in hot months. There's a mug that you can buy in the hotel for about 15 dollars, but it is only refillable in the hotel and not good for the parks.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Fmob
Albuquerque
Reviewed May 25, 2013

My cousin got married at Disney World earlier this month and our family stayed here during the wedding. I would definitely NOT recommend this for adults without children, elderly adults, or anyone who expects to hang out and relax when they vacation.

This is a very ordinary motel (doors open to the outside) and similar to a Motel 6 or a Super 8, but painted and decorated in a Disney theme. The rooms are not tiny, but I had one with 2 queen beds and couldn't imagine a family of 4 staying in it. The room was clean and the air conditioning worked fine, but it was very ordinary. Simply a place to stay inside the park.

There is no coffee maker in the room and no microwave - just a small refrigerator - so there's no way to have coffee in the morning. I have to have a cup of coffee when my feet hit the floor, so I had a real problem with this. Plus, the coffee they had was instant.

There is no full-service restaurant, but there is a sort of cafeteria or food court in the main building where you can get an assortment of items (pizza, hamburgers, italian, etc). There's also a section with a number of coolers and areas where you can take items to go (salads, pastries, cereals, bottled drinks, etc). When we first got there, it was relatively quiet and not too crowded, but by the weekend it was packed with nowhere to sit and super loud with kids running around everywhere.

I find it hard to believe that this is really that great a value for anyone. I paid $150 a night and the park is so spread out, we had to take a bus everywhere we went (the lines weren't long, but the ride is pretty lengthy - 45 min to the Grand Floridian, 1/2 hour to Epcot, etc). If I were to go again, I would stay outside the park and rent a car.

My uncle came with us and he is elderly and uses a cane. This motel and Disney World in general is not set up for anyone who has a mobility issue. They have wheelchairs you can use while you're there (for free), but everything is so spread out - even the distance from the main lobby to our rooms (we stayed in Fantasia) was pretty far for someone who has trouble walking. Plus, it's really hard to get around on the buses and monorail with a wheelchair.

I know people raise their kids very differently now, but one thing that really bothered me is that most of the kids were running around unsupervised. I genuinely worried that they would knock my uncle over and he would get hurt or we would run one of them over with the wheelchair.

Finally, I was really disappointed by the customer service (at the motel and throughout Disney World). I spent years with various companies that really emphasized customer service and Disney was always held up as the sort of "gold standard." I don't know if my expectations were too high, but overall I found the service to be very ordinary and at times even indifferent.

Orlando, Florida, United States
Reviewed May 24, 2013

I've only stayed at 4 Disney Resorts (but many other non-Disney resorts), and this is by far the worst one. It is clean, beds comfy, and the service is friendly, but for the price of one room, you could stay at another Disney Resort or get a suite at a non-Disney resort. It is over crowded because it is cheap, and the grounds are not as interesting as other Disney resorts. The pool does not have a slide. The food service is cafeteria style, and you feel like you're at school because it's crowded and loud. It just needs updating.

Room Tip: Don't stay near the pool! It will be too loud!
Monterrey, Mexico
Reviewed May 24, 2013

My family and I were there last April and was a great time. The hotel is very nice and the room was some small but very confortable. Transportation for the parks are available all the time.
If you can go to Walmart before to buy food for breakfast or dinner go ahead. Food is very expensive in the restaurants and in the parks. You should take the lunch only in the parks. The rooms has refrigerator but not microwave.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Martin T
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Overall we really enjoyed our 1 night stay at the All Star Movies resort. I found it to be in better condition than the All Star Sports overall. Our room was in the Toy Story building which was conveniently located to the pool, playground, food court, arcade and gift shop. The room was very clean and the carpet was in great condition.

The check in agent was super friendly and left us a message in our room a couple of hours later to confirm that the crib was delivered and to offer additional assistance.

The bad: the air conditioner was not working properly, it was running and blowing coolish air but it was not 68 like the thermostat said, it felt more like 78. The walls were thin and our next door neighbors were extremely loud and it took 2 hours and 2 calls to the front desk to get them to shut up at around 1:30am.

There was no ice in 2 of the 3 floors in our building.

Overall this resort is adequate for a short stay or when your vacation plans have you needing a room only to sleep or shower.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Holiday Inn Orlando – Disney Springs Area
Disney's All-Star Music Resort
Disney's All-Star Sports Resort
Disney's Pop Century Resort
Disney's Art of Animation Resort
Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort

Been to Disney's All-Star Movies Resort? Share your experiences!