“Disney, Disney & Disney”

Disney's All-Star Movies Resort
Ranked #140 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Melbourne
“Disney, Disney & Disney”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013

My daughter and I stayed her for 6 nights. Its a nice hotel, but it is a budget hotel. If you love everything Disney then you'll enjoy staying here. Just like everywhere else in Disneyworld the staff are very friendly and extremely helpful. We stayed during Easter & Spring break...never again. The parks were so busy, as was the hotel. Great shuttle service, buses are clean and regular. There is a big food hall there, but all the food seems to be the same, fries, burgers, nuggets etc. It was a struggle to find a healthy alternative. I didn't see a supermarket in the Disney area. Its difficult to get out of Disneyworld if you don't have a car.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Mandy L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (907)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Hamilton, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013 via mobile

This was the first time for us staying on site and we are hooked. So nice to experience Disney Magic 24/7! We got off to a rough start- we were supposed to have stayed at music but they had our room all messed up and moved us to Movies and upgraded us to a preferred room in Fantasia #8915. Then we rented a stroller from Magic Strollers and Music bell services argued with me for 20 minutes that it was not there and then magically it was the whole time.... just a side note- magic strollers was not a good experience they gave me a stroller that was all beat up and looked like one I wouldn't buy in a yard sale, then the owner brought me a new one and for ten minutes kept saying it wasnt that bad and what should he do throw away a $300 stroller, no you should just apologize give me the new one and drive away. Once we got to movies I was impressed with the grounds and architecture of the theme. Everyone was friendly. The room was a king room with fridge and was very clean and nice. Not a 4 star hotel but definitely better than a motel 6 that some people comment. Outside entrance to rooms. Food court is convenient to the rooms and the pools are great. We would stay here again and would recommend it to anyone that wants a disney experience without spending a fortune. If you are looking for cheap meals I would suggest staying in sports. There is a mcdonalds within walking distance.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank mws813
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013

First I would like to say we are a coupe from England of 28 & 31. We both LOVE Disney and are big kids.

The hotel... If you like a place with character then this is the place for you! There are massive statues of disney characters for different buildings. We stayed in fantasia (original not 2000) and the rooms were massive (compared to English rooms) 2 double beds, a little dressing area and a bathroom with shower, bath and toilet. It was clean and cleaned every day. We brought some stuffed toys and came back to them doing different things each day, playing a puzzle book, ordering pizza... Even though they knew no kids were staying in the room they still done these things for the children we became when stepping into disney. The food court was perfect for what we needed. Only had breakfast there every morning and there was something different to try each day. We had dinner there on our first night and again it was fine for us. You have to remember that this is a budget hotel but for what we get in the UK you would think that was a 4 star. Staff are friendly. Check in and check out we're fast. Reception were able to book a table at Tonys in the magic kingdom.

Air con was fine, no bugs and the entire hotel was clean.
Get the refillable mug, it saved us $$!
Bus service was every 20 mins to the parks, sometimes you share busses with the other all star resorts but no trip took longer than 30 mins and that's because of the traffic.

Before we arrived I read all the review on here and was dreading going, I even called to see if we could change hotels but I'm so glad we stayed with the all star movies and can't understand the bad reviews on here.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank PipDan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

After arriving to the hotel at noon I was surprised that they had our room ready and were able to get checked in and enjoy the hotel. The room was clean and decorated very nice with images exactly as their website.

Very convenient when traveling with young children since you have everything on property. Playground, 3 different pools, and the food court and also a shopping area that has most of the things as in the parks :0)

I can honestly say that I would return to this location and try out the resorts from the value resorts. I cannot wait.

I hope that you Enjoy the hotel as much as we did. The fantasia pool was amazing and the Mighty ducks pool was nice and warm.

Room Tip: When checking in ask for the theme that you would like, we stayed at the dalmation building near the...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

This was a nice basic hotel. The room is small but who cares! You are NEVER in your room unless your sleeping or getting ready to head to the parks!! We stayed in the Woody building. Very clean and nice. Our air conditioning worked fine. Everyone was really friendly! And the bus service was great! I wish it was a little cheaper we paid about $136 a night and i would think it is worth $100 a night or less.

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank Tbmb0116
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

This hotel was exactly what I was looking for - basic clean accomodation. Since my plan was to spend each day at a different Disney theme park, this hotel met my basic needs of a clean comfortable room just to rest after a long day. The food court offered a variety of meals and snacks and the staff were all very courteous and helpful. The bus transport from the airport to the hotel and from the hotel to all the different theme parks was free, efficient and on time. My room had 2 double beds, more than enough for 2 people to be comfortable. There is also a store on the property for you to buy last minute Ts and other Disney items if you missed them at the theme parks.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank AngyWong
Lexington, Kentucky
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

I recently stayed here for an All-Star cheerleading event at ESPN's Wide World of Sports (The Summit 13) and while most reviews on here seem to complain about the quality, I don't see the problem. Based on the price, and the fact the name DISNEY is associated with the property, you're getting a steal. People don't pay for buses to the parks OR the airport (which is a trek), and the hotel staff were prompt and friendly (despite waiting until almost 1am for a pizza ordered at 10:30pm) We didn't go to the parks, which I'm assuming most do, so housekeeping showed up at 9am every day we stayed and tried to open the room directly, simply saying "oh, i'm sorry" and leaving. They did, however, return later for fresh towel service. I wouldn't go as far as to say the hotel is bad, as most did, but it is average for sure. There were no bugs in my room, but were several "palmetto bugs" around the property, and littered in the pool at night. Don't take the bad reviews on here as gospel, they're simply bad experiences, don't pass us an affordable Disney experience because someone is used to a 5 star hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Shane B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Holiday Inn Orlando – Disney Springs Area
Disney's All-Star Music Resort
Disney's All-Star Sports Resort
Disney's Pop Century Resort
Disney's Art of Animation Resort
Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort

Been to Disney's All-Star Movies Resort? Share your experiences!