Stayed in the Mighty Ducks section the first week of March. Ground floor room. Hint: if you need two rooms for your family and want a door that opens between them, as for "connecting room" - we asked for "adjoining rooms" and received rooms next door to each other but without a shared door (we were able to correct this and get the connecting rooms). The Mighty Ducks section has a longer walk to the All-Star Movies Disney bus stop and main building with the food court, front desk, gift shop, main pool, etc. It was closer to walk to the Disney bus stop at the hotel next door, All-Star Music---so that's what we did. The Mighty Ducks section does have it's own pool, is right near the laundry room and was very quiet.
The rooms are basic, but clean, and provided everything we needed other than a microwave. Let's face it, who really goes to Disney to spend time in a hotel room? Small table and two chairs, refrigerator, TV, full-bathroom and 2 beds. "Mousekeeping" was very good, cleaned well and left lots of extra towels.
The grounds of the hotel are very cute with lots of Disney touches.
The food court - meh, just so-so. The most enjoyed items were the kids turkey sandwich and the adult chicken quesadilla. We ordered groceries and bottled water to be delivered to our room from an area grocery and had breakfast in our rooms each day (a time and money saver).
The price of the value resorts at Disney are great, but they come with a drawback - they are farther away from the resorts and require you to either use the Disney busses or drive a car to the parks and pay $14 for parking. We used the busses. The busses are clean, run often and have nice drivers. However, it takes a lot of time out of your schedule that could be spent in the parks.
Overall, we'll probably stay at this or another value resort for our next trip because staying on a Disney property has it's perks (like Extra Magic Hours).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Imagine yourself sharing the spotlight with some of your favorite Disney friends, as you headline your very own all-star adventure. Stay at a Disney Resort hotel that salutes the legends of Disney films-from the dotted pups of 101 Dalmatians to the playful toys of Andy's Room- with whimsical, larger-than-life decor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsforEveryone and HotelsClick so you can book your Disney's All-Star Movies Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney All Star Movie Resort
- Disneys All Star Movie Resort
- Disneys All Star Movies Resort
- All Star Hotel Disney
- Disney All Star Hotel
- Disney Movie Resort
- All Star Movie Resort Disney World
- Disney All Star Movies Resort
- Disney All Star Resort Orlando Florida
- Disneys All Star Movie Hotel