7,232 results
All reviewsmighty ducksfood courtthe toy story sectionfantasia poollove bugthe busfantasia buildingpreferred roomrooms are smalllarger than lifegift shopmeal plandisney moviemagic kingdomdining planplace to sleepmagical express
Reviewed January 26, 2013

This was our first time staying on Disney property and Disney did not disappoint! We stayed in the Toy Story building and it was great. We were close to the lobby and the pool. My daughter even played on the playground right outside our building. We loved how convenient the food court was and the food was excellent. The room was very clean and housekeeping kept us well stocked everyday with towels and soap/shampoo. This is a great resort, I love the themes at the resort. It makes you feel like you are in another world. We are already planning our next trip and All Star Movies is on the top of the list!

Room Tip: Toy Story section close to everything. Pay the extra for a preferred room.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Mandy R
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I am a DVC member and have stayed at most Disney World hotels, most were Deluxe. However, I wanted to take my son on a last minute trip, and DVC had no rooms available. I paid cash and got my son (4) and I a room at All Star Movies. We requested the Toy Story section, because that us his favorite movie.
Check in was easy and we were given our room before 11 AM. This has never happened at a DVC resort. We were granted our requested section and it was awesome. My son loved playing in "Andy's Room" and riding in RC.
The hotel is tiny compared to the deluxe resort. We walked the entire resort in less than 30 minutes, while stopping to take pictures. We loved the cafeteria style quick serve restaurant! It had every thing a kid could ever want to eat (and California rolls for me). The pool was great too. Not crowded and very warm for November. I missed not having zero entry, but my son could stand on his toes, so the shallow end was not that deep. Plus, there is a really cute baby pool that was very warm, and we spent a lot of our time in there and in the little splash pad area.
The room was super cute. It was perfect for just me and my son, but might be tight for a family. The room was very clean, and everyone we encountered there was super friendly. My husband, son, daughter (2) and I will be going back to Disney and staying in a concierge villa in Animal Kingdom, and going on a cruise on the Disney Dream after. I've decided to add two nights at ASM for the beginning of our trip, and that's the part I'm most looking forward too... I think that says a lot.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Jennifer P
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Very clean and tidy
Staff very friendly
The overall decor very cute
Showing its concern for protecting the environment and about the elderly or physical limitations
The bus service to the parks excellent
A very nice experience

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed at All-Star Movies just last weekend. We had stayed there 10 years ago and were very impressed with the decor. But now it's starting to show its age. The carpet especially was very worn. The design only showed along the wall where no one walked. It also smelled like spilled fruit juice next to the bed. (I thought it was my pillow at first and was very grossed out.) The rest of the interior was very fresh and new looking. The t.v., however, didn't work half the time. Since we were hardly ever in the room, we didn't bother with getting it fixed.
The main benefit to this hotel is transportation to and from the parks. You can also park for free at the parks if you prefer to drive yourself and not have to wait on the Disney buses.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Cindy L
Reviewed January 16, 2013

So many people knock the low end Disney resort, but not me.

The room may not be as fancy as the more expensive places but if you are like my family you aren't in the room very much... like at all really.

And they have a cafeteria, which I prefer over a hotel restaurant when I'm staying somewhere for a week.

And they have greatly improved some things over the years. Like they use to not have wifi, then you had to pay for it, and now it's free!

The biggest disadvantage I can see to staying in the cheaper hotels is that it usually takes longer to get from the parks to your rooms. So if you have smaller kids this can be an issue. But I have yet to see an exhausted father collapse while carrying his child to the room.

Although it may sound better when you tell your friends you paid 3 times as much at the nicer places, you are throwing your money away. It's Disney World, it's magical.

Room Tip: When going in the Spring, try to get away from the pooI or ask to be away from school groups. Rooms near the cafeteria at bus stops are usually more convenient and save time but are usually more noisy.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family