We've been coming to the Orlando area to visit the parks for almost 20 years now. We've always stayed at either a Comfort Inn or a similar chain hotel. We decided to splurge a little and stay on property at Disney. We figured we could take free transportation over to the parks and save a little on the parking fee. I can't say that we were happy with the outcome!
The check-in experience was great. Everyone was lovely. We got exactly what we requested - a room close to transportation. We were in Fantasia 8, just next to a large pool, the restaurant and movies-under-the-stars. So far, so good.
But when we got to the room, we were so disappointed! The room was tiny. The carpet, which had a pattern of embossed stars (to match the movie theme) was worn down in all the places where a person would typically walk. You could still see the pattern around the edges of the room, which made the rest of the carpet look old and unkempt. For toiletries, there was one bar of soap and a tiny bottle of shampoo. The toilet paper shredded on contact - the worst you could possibly have! Around the toilet, the floor tile was horribly stained and looked ancient. This was sub-par when compared to our usual Comfort Inn, for which we had typically paid just over half of what the Disney room was costing us!
When we mixed in the exorbitant prices for mediocre food and the many screaming children, it was all just too much. We were scheduled to stay five nights. After the 2nd night, I got on Expedia and looked to see where we could move on short notice that wouldn't cost a fortune. We found a lovely villa rental which cost us $5 more per night, but gave us far more bang for our buck. Now that we have found the villas, we will stay there exclusively from this point on. (I also reviewed the villa if you want to take a look.)
One more thought: I have always been SO impressed with how immaculate the Disney parks have been. I suppose the economy has hit Disney too because I was shocked at how worn the parks looked, with trash in the water features and a few staff members who looked bored or annoyed by park visitors. I have NEVER seen that before! It was so sad! Don't get me wrong - we still had an amazing time! But the standards just aren't what they used to be.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Imagine yourself sharing the spotlight with some of your favorite Disney friends, as you headline your very own all-star adventure. Stay at a Disney Resort hotel that salutes the legends of Disney films-from the dotted pups of 101 Dalmatians to the playful toys of Andy's Room- with whimsical, larger-than-life decor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Walt Disney Parks & Resorts, TravelUp, Hotels.com, HotelsforEveryone, Orbitz, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Priceline, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Disney's All-Star Movies Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney All Star Movie Resort
- Disneys All Star Movie Resort
- Disneys All Star Movies Resort
- All Star Hotel Disney
- Disney All Star Hotel
- Disney Movie Resort
- All Star Movie Resort Disney World
- Disney All Star Movies Resort
- Disney All Star Resort Orlando Florida
- Disneys All Star Movie Hotel