“Convenient and cost effective”

Disney's All-Star Movies Resort
Ranked #141 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Sure you could probably stay at a better hotel while at Disney - but you'll pay heavily for the privilege.

The All Star Movie resort has everything you could possibly need at a stay to the Magic Kingdom. Great foodcourt, laundry room, pools and easy access to the bus / shuttle system.

If you are on a budget this is a perfect onsite option.

Would not reccomend staying offsite, the perks that you get by staying at a Disney Hotel are not to be sniffed at. Fast pass meant that we could go on some of the rides several times as opposed to standing in neverending queues.

Ditch the meal plan - it's overpriced and choice is limited.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Dianne M
There are newer reviews for Disney's All-Star Movies Resort

Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

We stay here when we comes to Disney. We love the food court, food is delicious and fresh. Housekeeping is always smiling and saying hello. Pool is clean and love the gift shop. Check in is easy. Just wish they would update carpets and furniture, kinda old and ratty but I have no other complaints

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank cameronmom
Reviewed October 18, 2012

We stayed here in May, over mothers day. We stayed in the 101 Dalmatian Building due to paying for a preferred room. I would not pay for a preferred room again, it is much more compressed than music or sports. We did express check in, and still had to wait an extremely long time to check in and get our keys. The food court is always busy, so expect a wait there. A plus is that you can send your park purchases to the shop there for pick up. The room is basic, but that is what you should expect with a value, we had 3 adults and the room was an alright size. I would probably try Pop next time.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I really enjoyed our stay at this resort. The only problem I had with our room was the location as we had to walk a long distance to get to the pool and the main lobby, food etc... We had paid for a prefered location and got in a prefered building but still took about 10 minutes to walk to the pool if you went at a good clip. I will say they were very accommodating though. When I mentioned to them that I didn't feel like I was getting my money's worth paying for a prefered location, they offered to give me what I wanted to make me happy. I asked for another day in the parks for free. They gave it to me for our entire party. Housekeeping was great and did their job well. Very nice crew of people working there. I would definitely stay here again if I ever do return to Disney.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 18, 2012

The reason why I chose to stay at this hotel was for the four-story Buzz and Woody, which my son adored. That was the best part of the hotel. We had numerous issues from the moment we arrived. The staff at the quick service area had little patience and did not speak politely to several customers, myself included. Once we got to the room, we discovered the items we requested were not delivered (balloon which I ordered online) and bed rails. A Disney worker knocked on the door 5 minutes later, didn't say a word to me, plopped the rails in the room and shoved them toward the bed. Another 5 minutes later, a different worker delivered the balloon for my son. She made it a magical experience for him and a fun memory.

At this point, it was close to 11, so I pull back the sheets to put my son to bed and discover a 6inch x 8 inch area of dried blood spatters at the foot on the bed. Due to it being so late, I put my son down in the opposite bed and called the front desk when he fell asleep. I explained the disappointment of the customer service we've received thus far, the blood on the sheets and the large chunks of wall missing near the door. I explicitly asked to have the manager call my cell phone in the morning, after 9 am. At 12:15 am, the phone rang. It was the front desk manager. Geesh! These people couldn't even take a message correctly!

The next morning I spoke to the manager who did refund our stay for the previous night and switched our rooms. No apology was offered.

The best thing about this hotel is my son got to say 'hi' to Buzz and Woody every morning. But the level of service and lack of cleanliness was enough to turn us off. We won't be spending our money here in the future.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank WiscMom95
Reviewed October 17, 2012

I am a huge Disney fan and even worked for Disney for a few years so I know the Disney standard. I have to say they lost their "magic" touch. The place itself isn't too bad, not the greatest accommodations but certainly not the worst I've ever stayed in. The place is HUGE so location is key. After the 4th day of hiking to the front for a cup of coffee you will see what I mean. We did find a big cockroach in our room which is gross but I do understand it was Florida and there are lots of bugs so hard to control. The most disappointing part of our trip was the service. I had two incidents that occurred during our stay, the first was when I was trying to do laundry. Their machines are very old and the coin machine ate my money. I called the lobby and they said I had to go to the front desk. Their front desk is VERY un-efficient and I spend 20 minutes in line without it moving before I called over a manager that simply wouldn't help me until I waited in line. Mined you I had a sick baby back at the room and clothes sitting in a washer. Very frustrating. THEN the rest of us got sick the day before we were to check out. I called the front desk to see if my Mom could get a late check out and they replied, "Uh, we have a marathon going on, there's no way." I ended up having to call the the next morning to tell them that she isn't leaving and they needed to figure it out. They we not helpful or sympathetic and even said my mom needed to come to the front desk. She couldn't even leave her bed!! Over all it was a very terrible experience. My only advice if you decide to give it a try is not to expect too much and to bring LYSOL wipes and wipe down your entire room!!! We all got a nasty stomach bug and after doing some research this happens a lot. Not a fun vacation!!!

Room Tip: See if you can get something closer to the front.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Mouseketraveler
Reviewed October 16, 2012

My husband and I just came home from a two night stay at All Star Movies. Room was in the Love Bug area. I was apprehensive as I read in other reviews that value resorts are not that great...The reviews are right. They are FABULOUS! I loved it here! Check in was a breeze, room was ready at 9 am (this may not happen all the time-not sure but we lucked out), CLEAN, fun decor and property. Room had two double beds, CLEAN bathroom, a table with two chairs, dresser and flat screen tv. The outside decorations are neat-o, we had great MouseKeeping--I asked for more soaps and shampoo as I am a collector of most things Disney and they gave me quite a few! Breakfast was good in the food court. Not badly priced for the "Bounty" breakfast. A small Mickey waffle, eggs, bacon, sausage, potatoes, and biscuit for around $9. Fair I believe for being onsite at Disney. You will not find a meal for $4 here, that is just how it is. You can take a bus to parks or use your parking pass that comes with your room reservation. We chose to use the parking pass as you can come and go when you please. What a deal! You save $14 per day. How can you go wrong? The pool area was nice. We were in the Fantasia pool area. We were only there for about an hour but the staff started a pool party and they had dancing and I was dancing and I am over 30. Sure it is geared towards kids but who is not a kid at Disney? What a great pool staff. Fun!! I would definately come back to All Star Movies. It was fantastic and more than I expected!! Also, when you stay onsite at Disney you get Extra Magic hours. On the Monday we were there we were going to MK and the Magic Hours were from 10pm-1am. Wow! Three hours of more Disney fun!! Safe, fun, and clean. Staff is great. The only downers were: AC is okay, toilets are like rockets flushing, walls slightly thin but not so horrible I would not go again. Try it out for yourselves and your family! Terrific value and CLEAN!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank wilmadean
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Holiday Inn Orlando – Disney Springs Area
Disney's All-Star Music Resort
Disney's All-Star Sports Resort
Disney's Pop Century Resort
Disney's Art of Animation Resort
Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort

Been to Disney's All-Star Movies Resort? Share your experiences!