This was our first trip to Disney( August 21-28th, 2012) and we were so excited!!
Travelling were myself, my 10 year old, my mom and my aunt. We had adjoining rooms which was nice. No real issues wit the propert with the exception of a hair dryer with only one speed and a slow draining sink. We paid extra for the "preferred location" and were located in rooms 8850/8851 in the Fantasia building which was nice and close to the pool, not too far to go for meals and buses.
The buses were always overcrowded and could be better served by each resort having their own instead of us all being packed in like sardines, standing.
Disappointingly we did not get "Window decorations", or towel creations of any kind the whole 8 dayswe were here...nor was our room the neatest...or tip reflected our disappointment.
We were enjoying the meal plan. I found the meals at our resport to be very good( had real turkey dinner one eveneing!) I did not like having to tip 18-20% for our sit down meals even though we did NOT have a party of 6. This really added up, so be prepared for this at sit downs. Some places were nice about it, others were not and would not process your WDW dining plan, UNTIL you had tipped them(Planet Hollywood, Sci-Fi Diner were 2 that come to mind)
Was not sure what to expect of this resort when I booked this trip, so we went with the cheapest at the time of booking. I would not hesitate to stay here again. The pool was lovely and warm, the games for kids and movies aunder the stars a nice touch. We were mainly here to sleep, shower and occassionally eat. Glad to have saved money. We're coming back again in December, but going to try POP Century, for variety's sake.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Imagine yourself sharing the spotlight with some of your favorite Disney friends, as you headline your very own all-star adventure. Stay at a Disney Resort hotel that salutes the legends of Disney films-from the dotted pups of 101 Dalmatians to the playful toys of Andy's Room- with whimsical, larger-than-life decor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TravelUp, Hotels.com, HotelsforEveryone, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Hotwire, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Disney's All-Star Movies Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney All Star Movie Resort
- Disneys All Star Movie Resort
- Disneys All Star Movies Resort
- All Star Hotel Disney
- Disney All Star Hotel
- Disney Movie Resort
- All Star Movie Resort Disney World
- Disney All Star Movies Resort
- Disney All Star Resort Orlando Florida
- Disneys All Star Movie Hotel