“Our 1st Visit- August 2012”

Disney's All-Star Movies Resort
Ranked #141 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed October 3, 2012

This was our first trip to Disney( August 21-28th, 2012) and we were so excited!!
Travelling were myself, my 10 year old, my mom and my aunt. We had adjoining rooms which was nice. No real issues wit the propert with the exception of a hair dryer with only one speed and a slow draining sink. We paid extra for the "preferred location" and were located in rooms 8850/8851 in the Fantasia building which was nice and close to the pool, not too far to go for meals and buses.
The buses were always overcrowded and could be better served by each resort having their own instead of us all being packed in like sardines, standing.
Disappointingly we did not get "Window decorations", or towel creations of any kind the whole 8 dayswe were here...nor was our room the neatest...or tip reflected our disappointment.

We were enjoying the meal plan. I found the meals at our resport to be very good( had real turkey dinner one eveneing!) I did not like having to tip 18-20% for our sit down meals even though we did NOT have a party of 6. This really added up, so be prepared for this at sit downs. Some places were nice about it, others were not and would not process your WDW dining plan, UNTIL you had tipped them(Planet Hollywood, Sci-Fi Diner were 2 that come to mind)

Was not sure what to expect of this resort when I booked this trip, so we went with the cheapest at the time of booking. I would not hesitate to stay here again. The pool was lovely and warm, the games for kids and movies aunder the stars a nice touch. We were mainly here to sleep, shower and occassionally eat. Glad to have saved money. We're coming back again in December, but going to try POP Century, for variety's sake.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Lisa D

Reviewed October 2, 2012

Stayed at the All Star-Movies. The experience was great, starting with the complimentary Disney Bus picking us ap at the airport & dropping off at hotel. The food court style eatery gives you options & quick service. Check-in was a little slow (at 10pm). Would I stay again, yes!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank vegasboundgroup
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Not what I would have wanted for my magical stay. The walls and halls are nothing close to sound proof. A/C took forever to cool. Tv had functional issues. After calling 4 times in four hours to get someone to check tv, someone was sent the following day to "fix it".
If it wasn't because I had already paid for the weekend, I would have left the first night.
But, service at front desk was ok and I could buy park tickets in lobby. Restaurant and gift shop next to lobby was convenient.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Christina B
Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at All Stars in Sept. of 2010 and Stayed at Pop Century Sept. 2012. All Stars Movies was much better. At All Stars our room was clean every day, our window was decorated every day and on my birthday we came back to our room to find a three layer "cake" made of towels with a note saying I could keep it, plus two birthday cards signed by Disney Characters. We were on our honeymoon and it was my birthday at Pop Century and they did nothing!! Our room was never clean, a dining tray stayed in our room for four days! One day there is curly hairs on the wash cloths the next there is long black hairs in the towels!! They gave us a room with two double beds and we were on our honeymoon and requested a king bed. My only complaint with All Stars is they pack all three All Stars hotels into one bus for each park so the buses are always over full. Do yourself a favor and save a little money by staying at All stars instead of Pop Century!

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank lostgirl2
Reviewed September 30, 2012

My husband, 5 yr old daughter & I had a perfect time at this hotel. Check in was a little slow but I think that's just b/c they take time to make sure everyone is comfortable with all the info. We had a voicemail from Goofy welcoming our first timer. The room was clean & housekeeping did a great job daily. One night, we used our towels for the pool & called housekeeping after 9pm to bring some more so we had them in the morning for showers - they were there in less then 10 minutes. The food was pretty good. The ice machine is slow but it didn't ruin our stay. It was nice to have the options of the arcade, the nighttime movie, and even the little playground for other things to do. The gift shop was great too - a little of everything from in the parks. I would definitely stay here again!!!

Room Tip: Toy Story rooms are a bit far from the pool & main building but worth it if you have a Toy Story...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Jennifer D
Reviewed September 28, 2012

I went september 23-28 at All Star Movies. The atmosphere was great and the rooms were good size, plus the food was good, other than that, just was a bad time. I did on-line check figuring it would speed the process of getting a room, WRONG. Took about 35 minutes, there was a line of about 15 when i showed up, and only 2 clerks working. Then 1 of the clerks left and never came back. I asked for a room that was close, but not the prefered room, i got the Mighty Ducks section which is the farthest from the main building. I also asked in advance for a crib, no surprise wasnt 1 in the room. called to get 1 and took about 30 minutes. The place was really crazy at times, the food court mostly. The soda machines had little to no ice and alot of people were rude. The buses were always packed, i had to stand most of the time. They did however come quick. Once you get to the main pool, there is a stench of smelly feet. I was told that the best time to go to disney is at the end of september, less lines not and not as many kids. WRONG. Sunday and monday werent bad, but Tuesday-Friday, my wife, son and i got sick. We ended up going to the hospital, and before we went, my son threw up all over the rug so i asked the front desk to clean the rug while we were gone. They said it would be done in 30 minutes. WRONG! We came back the next morning and the stain was still there. We called them again to tell them to clean the rugs, but no response. So if you go to this resort watch out for room 2805. Im not going back to this resort or any other value resort. Id rather spend alittle extra for a deluxe or moderate.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank David A
Reviewed September 27, 2012

My daughters ages 11 and 9 loved the pool and arcade. They enjoyed the late night movies and games at pool. Staff was friendly and helpful. Ate at food court every morning and always had a good breakfast! I thought the beds were comfortable. Rooms are small, but hardly there so did not really matter. Hotel and grounds were very clean. Never had to wait for busses more than a few minutes. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank jodifloyd
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Holiday Inn Orlando – Disney Springs Area
Disney's All-Star Music Resort
Disney's All-Star Sports Resort
Disney's Pop Century Resort
Disney's Art of Animation Resort
Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort

Been to Disney's All-Star Movies Resort? Share your experiences!