“Stay here instead of Pop Century!!”

Disney's All-Star Movies Resort
Ranked #142 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at All Stars in Sept. of 2010 and Stayed at Pop Century Sept. 2012. All Stars Movies was much better. At All Stars our room was clean every day, our window was decorated every day and on my birthday we came back to our room to find a three layer "cake" made of towels with a note saying I could keep it, plus two birthday cards signed by Disney Characters. We were on our honeymoon and it was my birthday at Pop Century and they did nothing!! Our room was never clean, a dining tray stayed in our room for four days! One day there is curly hairs on the wash cloths the next there is long black hairs in the towels!! They gave us a room with two double beds and we were on our honeymoon and requested a king bed. My only complaint with All Stars is they pack all three All Stars hotels into one bus for each park so the buses are always over full. Do yourself a favor and save a little money by staying at All stars instead of Pop Century!

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank lostgirl2

Reviewed September 30, 2012

My husband, 5 yr old daughter & I had a perfect time at this hotel. Check in was a little slow but I think that's just b/c they take time to make sure everyone is comfortable with all the info. We had a voicemail from Goofy welcoming our first timer. The room was clean & housekeeping did a great job daily. One night, we used our towels for the pool & called housekeeping after 9pm to bring some more so we had them in the morning for showers - they were there in less then 10 minutes. The food was pretty good. The ice machine is slow but it didn't ruin our stay. It was nice to have the options of the arcade, the nighttime movie, and even the little playground for other things to do. The gift shop was great too - a little of everything from in the parks. I would definitely stay here again!!!

Room Tip: Toy Story rooms are a bit far from the pool & main building but worth it if you have a Toy Story...
1  Thank Jennifer D
Reviewed September 28, 2012

I went september 23-28 at All Star Movies. The atmosphere was great and the rooms were good size, plus the food was good, other than that, just was a bad time. I did on-line check figuring it would speed the process of getting a room, WRONG. Took about 35 minutes, there was a line of about 15 when i showed up, and only 2 clerks working. Then 1 of the clerks left and never came back. I asked for a room that was close, but not the prefered room, i got the Mighty Ducks section which is the farthest from the main building. I also asked in advance for a crib, no surprise wasnt 1 in the room. called to get 1 and took about 30 minutes. The place was really crazy at times, the food court mostly. The soda machines had little to no ice and alot of people were rude. The buses were always packed, i had to stand most of the time. They did however come quick. Once you get to the main pool, there is a stench of smelly feet. I was told that the best time to go to disney is at the end of september, less lines not and not as many kids. WRONG. Sunday and monday werent bad, but Tuesday-Friday, my wife, son and i got sick. We ended up going to the hospital, and before we went, my son threw up all over the rug so i asked the front desk to clean the rug while we were gone. They said it would be done in 30 minutes. WRONG! We came back the next morning and the stain was still there. We called them again to tell them to clean the rugs, but no response. So if you go to this resort watch out for room 2805. Im not going back to this resort or any other value resort. Id rather spend alittle extra for a deluxe or moderate.

7  Thank David A
Reviewed September 27, 2012

My daughters ages 11 and 9 loved the pool and arcade. They enjoyed the late night movies and games at pool. Staff was friendly and helpful. Ate at food court every morning and always had a good breakfast! I thought the beds were comfortable. Rooms are small, but hardly there so did not really matter. Hotel and grounds were very clean. Never had to wait for busses more than a few minutes. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank jodifloyd
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Stayed for 12 days during September, room was clean, good size for 3, shower was good and we got a deal with free Quick Service Dinning Plan.
I don´t have anything to complain, it is the first time that I stayed at a Disney propriety and the staff is excellent, very kind and go extra miles to make you feel happy.

1  Thank Renato C
Reviewed September 25, 2012

We recently spent a weekend (Thu-Sun) at the All Star Movies. Check-in was very disappointing. I had previously done the online check in process to avoid lines... what a joke! The regular check in line had 4 castmembers and was moving at the speed of light, online check in had only 1 person and a big line. Don't think I will ever do this again, it was the second time online check-in did nothing for me at a Disney Resort but a longer wait.
I had put 2 requests on my reservation, that we had a ground floor room, and if possible at the Fantasia building. Both requests were granted.
We had room 8710, very close to the pool and lobby/food court. Can't complain about cleanliness, the room was spotless clean upon arrival and housekeeping did an awesome job. Again I must say soundproofing at this and all Disney Value Resorts is very poor. We could hear the shower, flush and all noise in the room next to ours.
Beds were comfortable, no complaints about sheets, pillows... everything was fine here.
They now offer free wireless internet in the rooms, but the signal strength in our room was so weak it took forever to read a simple e-mail.
We had issues with small bugs coming out of the drain in our shower and mosquitoes. Take bug repellent with you in case you are sensitive to mosquito bites.
We only used the Fantasia pool, and it was always crowded. If you want to be on the quiet side, the Mighty Ducks pool is for you.
BEWARE of mosquitoes in the pool area at night. We took our daughter to the pool and waited at a table while she was swimming. I was so badly bitten I'll post a picture so you can see what I am talking about. Use tons of bug repellent if you are going to the poolside tables at night!
Food Court... well.... that is my main complaint about the value resorts. I think people forget manners in their rooms before they head out to this place. It looks like a madhouse. It is hard to find a table at certain times. Lines are huge and there are some castmembers who appear totally clueless about what they are doing. Needless to say , food is overpriced and edible , just edible. Their pizza is one of the worst I've ever eaten.
We did not use Disney Transportation as we had our own rental car. The lines for the buses were always long though. Take my advice... you are likely already spending a lot to go to Disney... a rental car is not going to blow your budget and it makes a huge difference...
On our check out date we asked for a couple more hours in the room as we had a late afternoon flight, they granted us 2 extra hours to leave without any hassle.
In overall I'd say it was good for a weekend, but for longer stays I would either go for a moderate resort or stay off property. This is a very basic motel style place with a Disney touch.

Room Tip: The Fantasia building is very close to the pool/lobby. If you have a preferred room , ask for it!
2  Thank Theresa K
Reviewed September 25, 2012 via mobile

If you're looking to save some money on a Disney hotel but still want some of the small details that make the experience "magical" then this hotel is perfect. Room was clean, crisp sheets, mini-fridge, Disney themed toiletries, nice Mickey themed furniture. I loved the gift store & food court & pool - gives it that resort feel. I especially love the free transportation to parks & access to extended "Magic Hours"

I was celebrating my Birthday & I got a phone call from Mickey, an autograph photo & a cool personalized Happy Birthday Pin to wear! The pin enabled all the Disney staff to greet me happy birthday in the park which made if feel even more special! ...I also got a free birthday cupcake at Liberty Tree Tavern and a free ice cream upgrade in Magic Kingdom on Main Street (I ordered a small cone & instead received a huge 3 scoop waffle cone decorated with chocolate to look like Mickey!) fun surprise :)

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank MissMicheleJ
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Holiday Inn Orlando – Disney Springs Area
Disney's All-Star Music Resort
Disney's All-Star Sports Resort
Disney's Pop Century Resort
Disney's Art of Animation Resort
Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort

Been to Disney's All-Star Movies Resort? Share your experiences!