“A preferred room made this a nice stay”

Disney's All-Star Movies Resort
Ranked #141 of 338 Hotels in Orlando
Long Island, New York
“A preferred room made this a nice stay”
Reviewed November 30, 2007

I have stayed at the other All star Resorts, what made this stay a little better was that we a preferred room and for a few extra dollars.includes a hairdryer and refrigerator,

The room was fine and comfortable, if basic .Decor is nice. The pool scene is decent, and food and drink options are open to midnight, the only drawback is that our room was a little far to walk to the cafeteria. but for us that was fine.

Only stayed one night which was sandwiched between visits to two of the Theme parks, but overall it was fine and would stay again should I want a value hotel in the Disney area.

• Liked — Inexpensive alternative on Disney Property
  • Disliked — Nothing,
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with family
7 Thank Pdelis50

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (928)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
West Yorkshire
Reviewed November 30, 2007

I have just returned from my first trip to Disney World where we stayed at the Disney All Star Movies for 2 weeks, and I would say that overall we were suited with the accomadation. There were 11 of us in the party and myself and my partner had a room to ourselves which had plenty of room for 2 people. My sister and her husband however did find it rather small as they have 2 young children, but you are hardly in your room anyway so she did not find it too much of a problem. We asked for a room with a bath as I had seen on a review before I went to the All star Movies, that they have alot of rooms with just a shower, so we requested a room with a bath which had a shower over it anyway so you have the best of both worlds. The hotel areas are split into themes, and we stayed in Mighty Ducks, which is the furthest away from the buses and food court, it's not a really long walk, but we did notice after a little exploring, that it was quicker to catch the all star music buses as the mighty ducks part of the hotel is actually nearer to the all star music bustops. I would say that mighty ducks isn't the best themed area compared to Toy Story or Dalmations, but you did have the added benefit of being near one of the 2 pools on the property, and it is the quietest of the 2 pools. We were there at quite a busy time of the year (thanksgiving) but even still, most days my nephews had the pool to thereselves, and it is also open until 12pm, and there will be a lifeguard at one or the other of the 2 pools. The only issue we had with the All Star Movies hotel is the food court. The food wasnt the best of quality, and we have since found out that it is only a one star for food. We have seemed to live off burgers, fries and pizza, which were sometimes on the cold side. We tried to eat in the parks but to be honest it's the same there, and when you stay in Disney and don't have a car you can only eat in Disney resturaunts. My sister is not a total health freak and she does not mind her children having the odd burger here and there, but after 2 weeks it just got silly. I suppose you get what you pay for really as it is the cheaper of the Disney Hotels, so I suppose we shouldn't complain. To finish on a good note, it's a good hotel for the price and the kids and myself I have to add loved the theme, and I would stay again, however I think I would hire a car so we could eat away from disney some of the time.

• Liked — Within Disney
  • Disliked — Food
4 Thank soniamiller100
INDIANA
Reviewed November 27, 2007

My wife and I took our children 5 & 3 to disney world October 12th -October 17th 2007. We chose the All Star Movie for the theme. Like other reviews stated the rooms are small but you are hardly there.

My two biggest complaints were the food court, and busses.

At breakfast time it is a MAD HOUSE. There were no places to sit we sat outside by the pool every morning, not the best place to sit with 2 kids. The free refill mug is nice but a long walk from your room to the drink station. The food overall was pretty good.

The busses were always pretty full since the Movies is the last stop on the All Star route. We had to stand on almost every bus. There again with 2 small kids this was not easy.

The kids loved the pools at the resort and the theme of the entire resort. The toy story wing was pretty cool.

The next time we go we will stay at a moderate resort. Just because of the crowd.

Overall we had a great vacation, after all it is Disney World.

Also when at the parks take advantage of the photo pass. Take as many pictures as you can. At the end of the stay you can buy as CD for $125 with all of your pictures.

If you have the dining plan use it wisely. Breakfast is pretty reasonable. We paid for breakfast most mornings. Use the dining plan for lunch and dinner. If you have kids attend character dining, they will love it. The front desk was very helpful with reservations.

Hope you find this helpful. Enjoy your vacation!!

• Liked — The Theme
  • Disliked — crowds
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with family
6 Thank MIKET11
Cortlandt Manor, NY
Reviewed November 25, 2007

5 of us went down 11/17-11/23, myself, my husband, our two boys 6 and 4 and my 16 year old sister-in-law. The rooms were clean, nicely decorated, nothing super septactlaur. I would've like to have a coffee maker than making the trip to the food court at 6am. We had the
meal plan worked very well for us. The food at the hotel was ok. The childrens selction was very limited and offerd no red meat not even a burger. Just chicken nuggets, pasta, or pb&j's. The kids portion were to small. The pool was great a little to cool for the adults but the kids loved it. We stayed in the Toy Story area very close to the food court & pool.

1 Thank doodlebug312
Sandestin, Florida
Reviewed November 20, 2007

I just got back from this Disney All Star Movie Resort. I went down for a week with my Brother, 5 year old son, and 2 other groups. This was my son's 3rd time to Disney and my 1st. When we arrived we received a free upgrade to the Toy Story wing. The resort was basic but clean. It felt like a nicely decorated Motel 6. The room lacked a coffee maker, fridge, and microwave. The TV was dated and only offered a few channels. All this said...it was still Disney. The court yard was awesome and filled with many of the Toy Story characters. My son loved it! I thought it was OK at best. Luckily I booked during FL resident week and got it for only $59 a night! At that price it was a steal. The only reason I would go back is if I got it for this price again. I think next time I may try out one of the nicer Disney Resorts.

• Liked — Price
  • Disliked — Rooms
2 Thank MonthlyVacation
Connecticut
Reviewed November 13, 2007

My husband and I, a middle aged couple, stayed here for 3 nights in February of this year. We were then moving to the Coronado for the rest of our stay as they did not have availability for our first 3 nights. This was fine by us as we are huge Disney fans and had never stayed at a Disney resort before. So we got 2 resorts in one vacation.
We booked with Disney and everything from booking, our flight and checking in was effortless. They did it all. We did have a package with food included (highly recommend this).
We arrived at the airport at 10:30 a.m. and were immediatly whisked off to the resort on a bus. We were checked in, changed and in Magic Kingdom by 12:00 p.m. Pretty impressive.
The resort is a magical motel. The themeing is fun but it is a really crazy resort as there are screaming kids everywhere. We expected as much and were ok with it for 3 nights.
Our room was a basic motel room. Clean and well taken care of by cast members. Yes, there are stains on some chairs but that is to be expected when a place does the volume of business that it does.
Our biggest issue was the food court in the a.m. Oh my Gosh! Absolute chaos!!!! We dealt with it and hoped our next resort would be better.
Would I stay again, only in a situation such as the one we had. I would not book a whoe vacation there but it was fun for a few nights.

• Liked — Whimsical theme
  • Disliked — Food court is mass chaos!!!!
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Keather
ontario, canada
Reviewed November 13, 2007

in august 2007, we arrived in florida at the all star movie resort at disney world. the theming of this resort was amazing, the rooms were nice but basic but you do not spend alot of time in your room. the one thing that disappointed me was thatwe paid for a preferred room and stayed in the dalmations building but it was right next to the mighty ducks building and closer to that pool so we could have saved some money and stayed in mighty ducks. the resort itself was always exceptionally clean. when you went to the main building that is where things get crazy, the food court is always busy most of the time if you eat there we had to wait 20 minutes in line to get dinner and most of the time half of the drink machines were not working because they ran out and the staff could not keep up with the demand. the other problem was that it was impossible to get a seat anywhere. we stayed at port orleans riverside the previous year and it would get busy but not like this resort. overall our stay was very good and i am glad we experienced this resort but next time we will try a different resort all star sports and music were just as busy and this was the second last week of august the week before free dining started so we thought it would not be that busy. we love disney no matter what though so this did not ruin our vacation in any way.

• Liked — the theming
  • Disliked — too busy
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank asiacat1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Holiday Inn Orlando – Disney Springs Area
Disney's All-Star Music Resort
Disney's All-Star Sports Resort
Disney's Pop Century Resort
Disney's Art of Animation Resort
Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort

Been to Disney's All-Star Movies Resort? Share your experiences!