“Disney's Motel 6”

Ranked #138 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
Nonette, France
“Disney's Motel 6”
Reviewed April 25, 2011

I used the online check in feature that Disney offers so a "package" including our keys and other paper work was waiting for us at check in. All we needed to do was show ID. This went really smoothly. We requested a back buliding at All star Movies to be close to the back pool only to find out that the pool was being refurbished and was not useable. I wish they would have told me that when I specifically asked for the room but it is what it is. Although normally there is a fee for a fridge Disney provides one if you need too keep meds in one (which I do) for free.

Cleanliness: Room was clean. Bathroom different story... under toilet seat was dirty and there was used soap and hair in the tub from the prior guests. YUCK!!!

Rooms are very small. We have two children 14 and 12 and found it almost too small for a family of four. Even if you don't spend that much time in the room, it's crowded.

Pool was clean and they had activities everyday for the younger kids. There was only one day when the pool had a large group of "cheer" competitors in it when it got a little loud and I noticed parents of younger children complaining to the lifeguards about the noise but it's a pool and they are kids... It's like asking them to not get you wet...

We were on the quick service dining plan. I highly recommend it of you have teens who never stop eating. The restaurant at the hotel has a wide selection of meals and they were really good. They had create your own salads, baked chicken and baked salmon. They also had chicken fingers and things like that but you could eat healthy with no problem.

Transportation: I was peak season (Spring Break) so the busses were full. Most of our time was spent standing which I didn't mind. I did however mind the fact that men have no manners these days and continue to sit while women (some old and some with babies) stood the whole bus ride. Every bus ride I saw another example of these poor manners. I guess the days of offering your seat is a thing of the past but not in my family so I just expect it from others. It was really a shame to watch the deterioration of society.

One thing I would suggest is that Disney provide Wi Fi to all hotels. The closest hotel with Wi Fi is Coronado Springs Business Center and that is really not within walking distance to the All Star Resorts. It's very inconvenient.

All in all it's a fine place to stay if you aren't looking for luxury but that should be obvious at the rate you are paying.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Joy2625

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (923)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Michigan
Reviewed April 21, 2011

This is a value resort on a multi-million dollar property. You get what you pay for. Rooms are clean but in need of a refurbishment (this is happening now in some rooms in the dalmatian complex) ie- stained carpet, shower needed to be grouted etc. The grounds were very well maintained and the pools were in great shape. CM were all very accommodating and pleasant.

I rate this as average. In the outside world you wouldnt pay more than $65/night but its Disney. Transportation to parks was great, never waiting longer than 15 minutes. It was peak season, so we did not share buses with the other All Star resorts (a frequent complaint here, however was not a problem for us this trip).

We mainly used our rooms for sleeping, no awake time was spent here. For this purpose the value resorts are a great choice. If you spend a lot of time in your room, I would consider upgrading to a moderate choice.

Philadelphia PA
Reviewed April 20, 2011

I've been to Disney World pretty much every year for the last 15 years and a few times before that. I have stayed in all levels on the hotels on Disney property. This hotel is fine for sleeping and showering. Nothing to write home about but if you want to go to Disney and save a little money or are on a budget, then this is the way to go.

We got a room where Herbie the love bug is, the last building furthest from the front. When I booked, I booked a priority room so basically this was not priority. So out of the last building with the furthest walk from the food and bus, we got the absolute last room in the walkway so it was kinda far with two kids and a stroller but we walk all day so what's another mile LOL.

The ONE complaint that I had and Ihad it EVERY day I was there was we were there from 3/27/11 to 4/2/11 and the first two days were fine. The 3rd day on, there were LITERALLY hundreds and hundreds of seniors on their senior week that had moved in and guess where they moved in to? our same building, our same floor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This would not be a problem other than none of them apparantly had KEYS to get in so they would flip the latch on the doors (all of them, like 15-20 just on floor in a row) and then go in and out of their rooms at all hours of the night. This was the only time we were at the hotel since we would go to the parks early and then leave around 9pm or so and take the kids back for bath and bed. SOOOOOOO.....the doors would open, then they would let go of the door and it would SLAM into the metal hinge (latch) and then bounce off and give off an echo sound of metal hitting metal and it was LITERALLY every 35 seconds.

So much so that I had to go out in my pajamas and nicely ask the boys NOT to latch their doors. They were apologetic but then did nothing about it telling me they don't have keys so that is the only way in their rooms. how do they not have keys?? anyway....it would wake my kids up and around midnight or 1 am, i was getting pissed because those walls are already made of paper mache so I didn't feel like falling asleep to SLAMMING metal doors on metal hinges.

I called the front desk at least 2 times PER night and they said they were sending security but who knows if they ever came or if they cam eand then the kids didn't care cause we would continue to hear it.
FInally my husband had enough and went out and was like Listen!..stop banging your damn doors i have two kids and it's the middle of the night...then i would hear the light tap of them closing instead but that only lasted the remainder of THAT particular night! then the next night, back to slamming again!!

I would've asked to be moved but it started on our 3rd night and who wants to pack up their entire room, 4 suit cases, 2 kids and all our crap so WE have to move???

I was really pissed about that part of the trip and that the fact that we complained at check out as well that this had happened adn then the woman tells us that there was NO RECORD of complaining under our account!!! nothing.

For this exact reason, I will not stay at this resort or any other "value" one on disney property again SINCE we go the same week every year and I am guessing there will be more seniors next year during the same week at the value hotels.

This also became a problem in the eating area where you had 500+ students "meeting" to start their day and taking up all the tables and chairs in teh eating area to "meet" and not "eat" and then all families holding trays of food just rying to find somewhere to feed their families since there were no seats available. this was alll week as well! They were just hanging around, taking up allthe tables, none of them eating and they would just fool around and not give up their seats.

This problem then trickled over on tothe bus situation because IF you get going at the same time as them, you are pretty much SCREWED for a bus since they travel in packs of 100 and then the bus comes and fills up with all of them and then leaves and then there are 50 more of them for the next bus adn then you end up waiting an hour for a bus that can finally take everyone else. and they ALWAYS seemed to be going to the park that we were going to that day, what luck!! lucky me!!

So I have NEVER NEVER had this problem before with buses or tables or seating at the value resorts before but unfortunately this year I did so it's back to port orleans for me next year. Hopefully the senior class can't afford that one LOL.

Room Tip: herbie building is FAR
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed April 19, 2011

I have been visiting Disney World for over 20 years, and I finally was able to stay on the grounds for the first time with my partner.

The entire trip was extremely well organized, thanks to Disney's love for perfection. We were picked up at the airport by the Magical Express within 30 mins of landing (didn't even need to worry about our bags). We had checked in to the hotel online prior to our flight, and therefore had our room keys in less than 5 mins. The front desk staff was super nice. We stayed in the Mighty Ducks area, never heard a peep from outside our room, or from any of the guests around us.

Our room was great - big vanity area outside the bathroom, king-sized bed, and super clean. I slept like a rock!

The multiple pools are fantastic, and it was great to have a dip after a long day at the parks. I also recommend walking around the resort - each themed area has tons of sights to see. My favourite was the Toy Story area. Despite being at one of the furthest buildings from the entrance, the walk was not more than 5 mins.

I was really impressed by the food - we opted for the Quick-Service Dining plan, which includes 2 meals and 2 snacks a day, redeemable at both the resort and most restaurants at parks. We used one snack for breakfast (they have TONS of muffins, strudels, cakes, fruits, etc) and then one snack at the park (normally ice cream!) each day. The quick service meals were huge and we often couldn't finish them. It wasn't just burgers and fries - there were 1/4 chicken meals, pastas, and salads at the resort, or themed meals at the parks (I recommend having one meal at the Morocco pavilion at Epcot). The serving staff were always helpful whenever we were confused as to what constituted "one meal". Don't forget to visit the dessert area at the resort, there are so many delicious options!

The Disney transportation was fantastic - we never waited more than 15 min for a bus. Someone mentioned Magic Kingdom is a 30 min drive away... not sure how that is true, as it never took us more than 15 min!

Just a quick comment on the parks - we managed to do all 4 parks in 4 days and only missed two rides - the Finding Nemo show and Soarin'. This was possible because we were at the parks before the gates opened. Each park has their own opening ceremony (the best was Magic Kingdom's!) so you might as well go and enjoy it. Then you can run to the most popular rides/areas super early and have most attractions done by noon before it gets too hot. Then again, we didn't have small children with us!

I think what was so magical about staying at an All-Star resort was always being in a Disney environment. From the shower curtain to the red carpet entering the resort, I always felt like there was a touch of Disney magic everywhere.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
6 Thank amska1
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed April 17, 2011

Small rooms. The extra cost for the fridge was a hassle, but worth it to have some cold beverages.
Busses do run often, but are often full. Out of the 3 days we were there, we did not have a seat once. Hardly at the room anyways, so it was a minor inconvenience. Check in was a no frills event even though it was our first trip there. What more could we expect, I guess.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Toronto
Reviewed April 15, 2011

Me and my family stayed here for 5 days to see Disney world. We decided to go to the all-star music because we loved the music. Sadly, it was just not the same, there was just something missing, which we do not know what it was. But don’t get me wrong, it was still an okay place.

Check in: It was good, we got the room we ordered in the preferred location, which was nice and close to the main building. We didn’t have to wait a bit for the room to be cleaned, but it ended up only being a 15 minute wait, which was just enough time to go through the gift shop to get a feel for the next couple of days surrounded by Disney. They also gave my daughters balloons (although we mainly wanted it for the balloon weights)

Room: The room was basic but very comfortable. We knew that going into it though. As other reviews have stated, it is just a Disney themed motel. But we do not come to a Disney hotel for the rooms, we come for the free transportation and Disney atmosphere. Our room was clean, no bed bugs, no dubious hair anywhere. It was just your typical room. The toilets are very powerful, so you might be shocked the first time you flush. For the time we spent in the rooms it was just right. One thing to take note of, if you have two teenage girls, the one sink could become a problem to fight over with.

Grounds: The grounds are really nice. The toy story section is really cute with great photo ops. The fantasia section has the bigger pool and many large figues to take pictures of. The herbie section is cute, but kind of bare and forgotten. The dalmations section is close to the main building. The mighty ducks is the farthest from the main building which can be inconvenient but it has a pool. Either way, you can’t go wrong in either section. So many cute figures!

Restaurant: The food is not that badly priced for Disney world, but overpriced otherwise. I got a bagel every morning for just 2.50, which isn’t too bad. They have many options with French toast, waffled, pancakes, omelettes, etc. I highly suggest to get the refillable cups, they were a really good value. Even though the poster says you can only use it during one stay, the staff say you can use it for the rest of your lives (if you plan on coming back to any Disney hotels, we have had our pop century cups for 6 years!) They also sell cookies, desserts, fruits, vegetables, beer, milk and many more tasty things that you are sure to not go hungry.

Pool: Sadly since we were there for 5 days, we were unable to use the pool (it was cold at night during our stay). The pools did look very nice and clean. The fantasia pool seemed nicer then the mighty ducks pool though. One night when we got back from animal kingdom, we had time to swim, but there was an emergency chlorination in the fantasia pool and the mighty ducks pool was way too crowded. Overall though, they seemed nice, clean and were heated perfectly for florida’s spring weather.

Transportation: The transportation is one of the only reasons why we book a Disney hotel. They have a very good bus system. There is no problem getting a bus to the park.. They come every 5-15 minutes, not that bad of a wait. The only problem with the all-star, is that coming home just after the fireworks, there is a very long line to go back. Because there is three all-star resorts, they clump them all together, when pop century or any other hotel has their own bus stop. The worst is coming home at night from downtown Disney. Don’t be afraid to get on another all-star bus, they are all connected. The closest is the music (you can walk through the grounds or quicker through the parking lot.) The sports could be a bit of a trek at the end of a long night, but it is better then waiting for another bus to come.

Location: Since it is Disney, it is fairly close to all the parks. There isn’t a ride that is extremely long.

Internet: This astounds me how Disney can do this! Disney World has NO wifi-internet anywhere. The only areas with wifi is the contemporary hotel (near the gift shop, take monorail from magic, or a bus from any other park. There is also wifi in some restaurants at downtown Disney such as the wolf gang puck express, but you most likely have to buy something in order to use their free wifi. There is only hardwire internet available for 10 bucks a day, which is useless for an ipod…

All in all, this was an enjoyable trip. The hotel was clean, safe and comfortable and just perfect for what we needed, after all, you don’t spend any time in the rooms. You will have a great time, unless you are one of the few who get a bad room or want to be in a more upscale place to sleep in. You can’t go wrong here.

1 Thank tanned-n-happy
Fort Collins, Colorado
Reviewed April 14, 2011

We booked this hotel through Southwest Vacations, as it was one of the value resorts, and the first to pop up when searching. The hotel itself is fine - big, I think something like 1900 rooms. But, you pretty much get what you pay for with it being Disney. After we booked, I found out that the three All Star Resorts allow large school groups; so during our trip, we were consistently surrounded by big groups of teenagers on senior, choir, band, sport trips. My husband and I are not old, but it just got a bit overwhelming with everyone. They do have a food court with a huge variety of food, but at peak times it's like being in a school cafeteria with the noise level. The Pop Century resort (also a Value level) doesn't allow school groups, so I really wish we would have booked there. Aside from the amount of people, we enjoyed our stay - just wish we would have paid a bit more to stay somewhere a bit smaller. The rooms are VERY clean, and housekeeping staff does an excellent job. The gift shop on site is full of all sorts of stuff, including alcohol. Good variety at the food court, but definitely no frills. Two pools to choose from. The "preferred" rooms are the same - just closer to the front of the resort, so less walking to the main areas. The Disney Transportation that's included with your room is AWESOME!!! They say a bus comes every 20 minutes - I don't think we ever waited longer than 10, even during peak times! This resort is the furthest from Magic Kingdom, but it's only a 30 minute drive on the bus. The only bummer is that the pick up for these properties is always the furthest away at the parks and Downtown Disney. We enjoyed our stay, but would pay more for additional "frills" next time. ** If you are staying in the Mighty Ducks buildings, we figured out the bus pick-ups at the All-Star Music resort are closer for walking.**

Room Tip: Preferred rooms are closer to the main areas.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Holiday Inn Orlando – Disney Springs Area
Disney's All-Star Music Resort
Disney's All-Star Sports Resort
Disney's Pop Century Resort
Disney's Art of Animation Resort
Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort

Been to Disney's All-Star Movies Resort? Share your experiences!