I used the online check in feature that Disney offers so a "package" including our keys and other paper work was waiting for us at check in. All we needed to do was show ID. This went really smoothly. We requested a back buliding at All star Movies to be close to the back pool only to find out that the pool was being refurbished and was not useable. I wish they would have told me that when I specifically asked for the room but it is what it is. Although normally there is a fee for a fridge Disney provides one if you need too keep meds in one (which I do) for free.
Cleanliness: Room was clean. Bathroom different story... under toilet seat was dirty and there was used soap and hair in the tub from the prior guests. YUCK!!!
Rooms are very small. We have two children 14 and 12 and found it almost too small for a family of four. Even if you don't spend that much time in the room, it's crowded.
Pool was clean and they had activities everyday for the younger kids. There was only one day when the pool had a large group of "cheer" competitors in it when it got a little loud and I noticed parents of younger children complaining to the lifeguards about the noise but it's a pool and they are kids... It's like asking them to not get you wet...
We were on the quick service dining plan. I highly recommend it of you have teens who never stop eating. The restaurant at the hotel has a wide selection of meals and they were really good. They had create your own salads, baked chicken and baked salmon. They also had chicken fingers and things like that but you could eat healthy with no problem.
Transportation: I was peak season (Spring Break) so the busses were full. Most of our time was spent standing which I didn't mind. I did however mind the fact that men have no manners these days and continue to sit while women (some old and some with babies) stood the whole bus ride. Every bus ride I saw another example of these poor manners. I guess the days of offering your seat is a thing of the past but not in my family so I just expect it from others. It was really a shame to watch the deterioration of society.
One thing I would suggest is that Disney provide Wi Fi to all hotels. The closest hotel with Wi Fi is Coronado Springs Business Center and that is really not within walking distance to the All Star Resorts. It's very inconvenient.
All in all it's a fine place to stay if you aren't looking for luxury but that should be obvious at the rate you are paying.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Imagine yourself sharing the spotlight with some of your favorite Disney friends, as you headline your very own all-star adventure. Stay at a Disney Resort hotel that salutes the legends of Disney films-from the dotted pups of 101 Dalmatians to the playful toys of Andy's Room- with whimsical, larger-than-life decor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your Disney's All-Star Movies Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney All Star Movie Resort
- Disneys All Star Movie Resort
- Disneys All Star Movies Resort
- All Star Hotel Disney
- Disney All Star Hotel
- Disney Movie Resort
- All Star Movie Resort Disney World
- Disney All Star Movies Resort
- Disney All Star Resort Orlando Florida
- Disneys All Star Movie Hotel