“Great place to stay for a weekend away”

The Point Orlando Resort
Ranked #22 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Libertyville, Illinois
“Great place to stay for a weekend away”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2011

We stayed in a one bedroom unit on the 11th floor with a balcony and a view of Universal Studios and Wet-N-Wild. The king size bed was very comfortable. The bathroom with separate walk-in shower and tub was luxurious. Pool area was very relaxing. Our only complaint is the lounge chairs become uncomfortable after laying in the sun for several hours!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,034)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
Fort Myers
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2011

My husband and I traveled to Orlando for our one year anniversary. We were spending the weekend at Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure parks. If you are looking for a convenient, no hassle trip to the parks this is the place to stay. It is only a mile away and is on the same road the park is on. There are restaurants and everything you may need close by but I love that the hotel sits off the road a bit so the noise level is at a minimum. I never once heard cars driving by. We opted for the one bedroom suite for the extra space and full kitchen. To start off the room is great. We were able to make breakfast every morning before heading to Universal Studios and having the in room washer and dryer was convenient for drying wet towels and cloths from being wet at the parks. The beds were more than comfortable and the comforter was the best I've ever had in a hotel. It wasn't cheap and flat and nothing too it like most hotels. It was a nice fluffy down comforter I think. Very cozy. It was also nice having the balcony and being able to have coffee in the morning or watch the sunset or just relax during the evening hours with a breeze. The staff was very friendly and helpful with everything we needed. They fulfilled all of our special requests, which was a first for me. We requested a high room overlooking the pool. The pool area is great and we spent a couple of nights there. My only complaint about the hotel is that there isn't wi-fi throughout...you have to go down to the lobby or bistro area to use it which isn't very convenient. The other is the cost for the breakfast. Save your money and buy food to make in your room for breakfast. Even if it's just bagels and cream cheese it's worth it. Other than those two minor things this resort is great and we will keep this hotel in mind every time we go to Orlando.

2 Thank Slugbug7
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2011

Counted heavily on other reviews here and was NOT disappointed. Taking two grandkids to Orlando in February is going to be expensive, but we found this hotel a wonderful value. I think they have may favorite hotel swimming pool ever: the right size, the perfect temperature, and the ideal place to use up any residual energy the youngsters had so that everyone could have a great night's sleep.

Other upside items? Charming, attentive, professional staff. Great value (worth repeating to anyone trying to find an hotel in February). Good location. Rooms were clean and well appointed--the refrigerator, large microwave, dishes, and silverware were appreciated.

Downside? I wouldn't try putting any adults on the sofa sleeper (but it accomodated the pre-teens nicely). Two gin and tonics shouldn't cost $18. Most of us expect bubbles and some agitation for sore muscles in a "hot tub." View = not much....but it IS Florida.

Conclusion: warmly recommended.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Chicago Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2011

I always depend on Trip Advisor to guide me on my travel selections, so I think it's fair to give back. This hotel is wonderful. The accomodations were very nice and homey. We rented a 1 bedroom suite with a full kitchen and balcony overlooking the pool, for 3 days.
We were so happy with our choice we had to recommend it to everyone. There isn't an actual restaurant on the property, but there are tons of them very close by. If you're looking for a place in Orlando to stay for any length of time, this would be the place!

2 Thank ChicagoIllinoisKat
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2011

The Point Orlando was a great hotel and I am very glad I stayed there. The hotel seems brand new and it is very clean. The room I was upgraded to free of charge was definitely one of the best rooms I have ever stayed in. Everything in the room was great, the bed, bathroom, ect. No continental breakfast was offered, but the quality of the hotel made up for it.

1 Thank thuerena
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2011

The hotel is just 2 years old so the buildng is new, and the 1 bedroom suite (though cozy) was very clean. I'm always weary of hotel linens and always bring my own. Must say that I didn't even need to use them so the hotel gets an A+ for cleanliness. Also the location is close to everything. Would definetly stay again and recommend to others.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2011

I chose Point Orlando because of reasonable rates and online reviews. I was NOT disappointed. I was here for a business trade show at OCC, and it was a short 10 minute drive down Universal to the convention center. I stayed in the smaller suite, but very clean and perfect for 1-2 people. It is meant as an extended stay property, so limited cleaning services per day, (empty trash, new towels), but they will accomodate more if you wish. The fridge and microwave were new and clean, and nice to have a few dishes and glasses to use in the cupboards, vs. plastic cups etc. They have dish washing soap etc. so you can be sure of clean glasses!
Wired internet in the room, but it was very speedy and I had no issues with it.
The front desk staff was exceptional! Fabio went out of his way to help with some printing requests I had, along with help with directions etc. All staff were super and helpful, great attitudes.
The bistro is nice for light tapas and drinks, I did make dinner out of it one night.
I didn't get to take advantage of the pool area, but it looked very inviting.
I would give this a big thumbs up as far as value and convenience.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business