“A wonderful suprise and great value.”

The Point Orlando Resort
Ranked #20 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“A wonderful suprise and great value.”
Reviewed November 5, 2010

The Point is a great place for an extended stay in Orlando. Everything exceeding our expectations. Our suite had a full kitchen, terrific bathroom and a washer and dryer. When in Orlando, we would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed October 2010

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,081)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
Southern New Jersey
Reviewed November 5, 2010

Stayed four nights. Booked a room with washer and dryer so we did not have to pay extra for baggage. Room had full kitchen, nice tv's (but no hbo), even a toaster so we made breakfast each morning before heading off to amusement parks, etc. There are things to do, movies, grocery stores, restaurants all within a mile of this location. Bathroom was a lovely experience with jacuzzi tub and shower stall fit for two. Exceedingly clean and roomy for the price. Front desk attendants very helpful with recommendations, directions, and accommodated our request for printing out boarding passes.

Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Drogheda, Ireland
Reviewed November 5, 2010

After spending many hours reviewing hotels in the Idrive area we went for The Point Resort. I feel that a hotel can make or break a holiday as it really sets up the mood for the whole trip. We had visited Orlando twice before staying in what I would call budget hotels. We paid just under $100 for the executive suite per night and it was money well spent They were great, we checked in at 10am even though the booking said 4pm checkin. The room was fantastic, it had everything you need for a stay of 6 days and was spotless. The pool area had plenty of seating and had a hot tub, free towels and was kept very clean and tidy. The resort has a small bar that we did not use but looked well stocked and cosy. The hotel is just behind Wet & Wild so is very handy for Universal Studios and there is also an Iride stop just outside. You get what you pay for in this life and in this case its true. For an extra say $30 per night we got a hotel way above the level of those in the area which made our holiday. Hope this helps some people do the same.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank McStew1
Wales
Reviewed November 4, 2010

Stayed here for 15 nights from last month. Loved the look and sound of its description. On arrival, the receptionist was jovial and welcomed us (hubby, daughter and I) to a two bedroom luxury apartment on the third floor in tower one. Our arrival was pretty late so we made use of the "welcome coffee" that awaited us and retired for the night. We had noticed that the walls were in need of refreshing- a splash of paint to cover the many-scuffed and stained walls. However, we have stayed in worse places. I found it hard to get to sleep because of a droning noise. I turned off the A/C but that wasn't the source of the drone. I discovered that right next to the building, there was a small building that I think was a powerhouse or pump for the pool or electricity. I bought earplugs from Walgreens and problem solved! However, I now learn that the higher the floor, the less the noise. In daylight, the many stains on the carpet was very obvious. I was put off a walking in socked feet bit. However, we decided not to complain as we didn't want to waste time looking for another suite so close to the Halloween rush. We made a point of staying out as much as possible. We did make use of the lovely swimming pool and hot tub and also their shuttles to Disney were excellent! The maids came in every day to make the beds and empty bins as promised. We were taken aback by the resort fee as other, who have pointed out on this site. To conclude. The Point is an OK place but in dire need of a lick of paint. The carpets need steaming and the third floor tower one is noisy. The pool is nice as is the hot tub. The shuttles are dependable. I did expect better cleanliness for the price I paid for the suite. I would go back but only if painted and deep-cleaned carpets but not tower one third floor.

• Stayed October 2010
1 Thank sassysassy
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed November 3, 2010

I really liked The Point. We had a one bedroom suite which included a full kitchen. The room looked new and was very clean. We really used the kitchen, which includes cooking utensils, pans, dishes, cups, silverware, etc. Full size frig, stove, dishwasher and washer/dryer - all worked fine.

Having the kitchen saved us a lot of money because we ate at our room instead of the parks. We also did laundry, with detergent provided by the hotel. The stackable units do not hold regular size loads of laundry, but it was fine for us.

You are close to I-4 and Universal Blvd, but away from the worst traffic. It's about 10 miles to Disney World.

The pool was clean and enjoyable - pool towels provided so don't pack your beach towels!

We did not check out the bar/breakfast offerings, we ate in our room.

We really enjoyed The Point and it will be our first choice when we return to the Orlando area.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Ocala
Reviewed November 3, 2010

This hotel is situated very close to Universal and is perfect for an extended stay - full kitchens in suites with washer and dryer. Rooms are very clean and comfortable. Staff is very friendly and accomodating. The only drawback is the distance from Disney, but they do run a shuttle. I stayed there even though visiting Epcot and highly recommend it.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed November 2, 2010

I chose this resort based on the extraordinary reviews I noticed on-line, but I've been disappointed from time to time with such reviews. However, this time the reviews were right! The cleanliness, service, value, and location of the resort were beyond my expectations. The staff are so courteous and willing to meet the needs of special request. I surprised my sister and brother-in-law with an Anniversary weekend and the staff went out of their way to make this weekend even more special, providing a free upgrade to say the least. The resort is in such a perfect location that everything you want to go to on International Drive is just minutes away. Pointe Orlando is only about 5 minutes away which is where I took them to BB Kings Pointe Orlando for dinner, dancing, great drinks, live band and so much fun. The rooms were spectacular at the resort. The Executive Suite is warm, cozy, sufficient and comfortable, but the One Bedroom Suite w/ full kitchen, living room and dining room are, a beautiful bedroom, and bathroom w/ jacuzzi tub and separate shower is out of this world gorgeous. The views are wonderful. The description of these rooms don't do it justice. It is so much better than described. The only thing I could say requires improvement is the breakfast buffet selection, but I am sure they will adjust this easily. This is now my resort of choice whenever I travel to Orlando. It was definitely beyond my expectations and better than all the resorts of its value/class,

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple