“I would have no hesitation in...”

The Point Hotel & Suites
Ranked #20 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed September 6, 2010

I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel - amazing deal via lastminute.com, but would have been just as pleased if I had paid more as the facilities and staff were first class. A 15 minute walk to Wet n Wild, but that wasn't my priority on this visit, but may well be in the future - could see the queues form my room very clearly! Was a $6 cab ride to City Walk, 10 min ride away. One thing I will mention is that whilst my daughter was at work during the day, I tried walking to a store for some fruit and provisions, but turned back after 15 mins, felt quite desolate as no-one walks anywhere, can feel quite intimidating on your own, but fine if you are with someone. Be aware if unlicensed cabs, I got picked up by one pretending to be a cab that Wal-mart had ordered fir me to take me back to The Point Resort. They can spot a tourist a mile off! The hotel were very concerned for me when I eventually arrived back and only because a good Samaritan stopped to help me out with the unlicensed cab which was a very scary experience, so do be careful. Unfortunately, the majority of the cab drivers were hustlers, bar one guy, they were a nightmare and a couple were just plain unprofessional. Did not enjoy ordering a cab as it was such a lottery and inevitably they seemed to think if you were from England then you must be loaded! Weird experience. Hotel was brilliant though, cannot recommend enough.

• Stayed: September 2010
1  Thank Special-treats

Reviewed September 3, 2010

Everything at this hotel was great. Very clean. Lots of space. Large bathroom with accessible tub. We felt it was an excellent value for the price.
Having a fridge, washer and dryer in our suite was very convenient as well. Very close to Universal studios, so we didn't have to go far at the end of a long day.
Was pleasantly surprised one evening when we returned to find a gentleman in the foyer offering a free chair massage (to advertise for additional in-room services, of course, but he was giving a full 1/2 hour massage for free). Both my husband and I were able to take advantage of this service.... ahhhh so nice!
We also took some time to relax by the pool, which was well kept, with lots of warm towels available.
I can't think of one thing to complain about.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed September 2, 2010

Friendly staff.Walking distance to some major attractions including Universal Studios and City Walk and Wet n Wild.Pool area and roooms were also of excellent standard.Would definately return at a later date.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 1, 2010

Where can i start, well everything about this hotel is first class, location, decor, spotlessly clean, and excellent staff. Rooms are huge with large tvs throughout, leather sofas, American style fridge freezer, cooker, dishwasher, washing machine/dryer etc, and beautiful bathrooms, lovely pool area. We stayed in the 2 bedroom apartment, and it was brilliant for us and our 2 children, plenty of room with air-con, ceiling fans, balcony etc. Location , down the road from wet and wild, i trolley stop across the road from hotel, about i mile from universal and islands of adventure, plenty of restaurants and bars close by, about 5 min walk. Complimentary shuttle bus to and from the parks from the hotel. A special word of thanks to "Fabio" on the front desk, nothing was a problem for him, and he made our holiday to the point orlando resort one of the best ever, "thank you Fabio". And thanks to all the staff.
Cheers,
Tommy,
Sligo ,
Ireland.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank Eire931963
rossmburke, General Manager at The Point Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2010

Thank you not only for choosing to stay at The Point Orlando Resort but to also leave such a warm and sincere account of your stay with us. We hope that you visit us again in the near future and will be sure to pass along your positive comments to all of our employees.

Regards,

Ross MIchael Burke

Reviewed August 31, 2010

We originally booked a studio suite, however when we arrived to the hotel, the room did not seem to be fully cleaned and re-stocked. We called concierge at the front desk, who was very apologetic and helpful. They ended up upgrading us to a 1 bedroom suite right a way, without any problems. The suite was extremely spacious, clean and comfortable. Overall the staff was very nice and helpful. The hotel is located in a convenient location, close to all the parks and downtown. We will definitely stay again at "the point orlando" on our next visit there.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 30, 2010

We stayed at this resort because we were going to Universal Studios & got a great package deal! The room was fabulous.. had a microwave & a refrigerator which came in really handy plus they had silverware, plates, glasses, & bowls already in the cupboards. The room was spacious.. i think we stayed in a jr. suite. The hotel staff was really friendly & always helpful no matter what we needed or even told us of places to go for dinner & shopping :) O

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 30, 2010

My fiance and I were headed to Universal studios and Islands of Adventure for our anniversary trip and booked the Point based on all the great reviews here on Tripadvisor. I have to say, this hotel lived up to the hype. Angela at the front desk was wonderful to us and we got upgraded from the Studio suite to the 1BR Suite, which is great for the awesome full-size kitchen area and the extra amenities. We didn't eat in the hotel at all so I can't comment on their buffet breakfast but it was nice to be able to get a Starbucks latte right in the lobby area. The location is absolutely perfect for Universal. Pool was of a good size, clean, etc. We found the rooms quiet and really nice overall. Only thing it was missing was having a DVD player in the living room to watch some movies on that flat screen, but that's minimal. The shower was great but if I had to lodge one complaint, it would be that the jet tub in this suite is a bit small and unimpressive. I was hoping for one of those really awesome jacuzzi tubs and this wasn't it.
Overall, just a great experience and excellent value for the price paid!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple