“The Point-what a wonderful place to stay!”

The Point Orlando Resort
Ranked #18 of 338 Hotels in Orlando
Winter Park, Florida
“The Point-what a wonderful place to stay!”
Reviewed July 14, 2010

At the recommendation of a friend who was there before, we stayed at The Point this month for about ten days with our extended family and we had a wonderful time! The lady at the frontdesk was so sweet and welcoming, actually the whole staff was great and very friendly, but she especially made us feel at home from the moment we came in. She always seemed happy to see us and helped us out several times during our stay with information about restaurants and tickets and printed our boarding passes. She really made us feel at home. We noticed that the hotel is very busy but the staff was always smiling and ready to help us with any request. We had two two-bedroom suites, perfect for our big family and we loved the suites. Big and roomy and beautifully decorated, with everything in the kitchen what we needed and more and very clean (and the beds are great). Kudo's for the housekeeping staff, they also do a wonderful job and are friendly too. The locations is perfect, close to everything! I just read a review from somebody complaining about the parking. I don't know why. Parking is in front and next to the hotel and we understand not everybody can park next to the entrance, that is impossible with any hotel. There is not even a fee for parking but it is part of the hotel fee as is the Internet access (handy for our kids) and several other services. Besides that the nightly rates are very reasonable for what you get.We most definately will return to The Point every time we come to Orlando. We are already looking forward to it!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,072)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
Islip, New York
Reviewed July 13, 2010

I guess I will start with the parking lot that is too far to the front entrance. You pull up to check out and then go around back to the parking lot that is pretty far from the lobby. The front desk manager was patronizing and arrogant. They did not seem welcoming at all!! When I got to my room, it was not what was expected. I booked the JR. Suite and I am not sure why they called it a suite, because it did not have a balcony or a jacuzzi. I remember the website saying it had those ammentitie when I booked it. When I questioned it with the front desk manager, he said he would call back and never did. He seemed annoyed that I would even question the room. The room was fairly clean; however, I could see little stains on the rugs and dust in areas not used often. Behind end tables etc. The pool was not as nice as it looked on the website. It wasnt terrible however, the big palmetto bug crawling out of the pool led to my demise. I know this was not the hotels fault. The Front desk also did not tell you about the ammenities of the hotel. I was glad i only stayed one night. I have to say I was spoiled from the last hotel I stayed for 4 days. I did not feel welcome at this hotel, and I will not go back. The good thing about the hotel is the distance to Universal and the price.

• Stayed July 2010
3 Thank meomy87
Lakeland, Florida
Reviewed July 12, 2010

As part of our company's ESM program the room was a great value and being a last minute idea I was really pleasently suprised. Wish I had a few extra days to spend there.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
North Potomac, Maryland
Reviewed July 11, 2010

Very nice hotel, with kitchen and washer dryer. It was very clean and the separate bedroom was great. We did not expect so much for what we paid. We will stay with them again.

Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed July 11, 2010

Considering the many choices of hotels in Orlando, we chose to stay at The Point based on the great reviews it received on Tripadvisor. We are glad we did, because of all the different places we have stayed at in the past, The Point Orlando definitely tops all of them. We stayed in a 1-bedroom suite which was very spacious and luxurious with a beautiful kitchen and washer and dryer. The location is superb as we were only a few minutes away from Wet & Wild, Universal Studios and International Drive. The free shuttle service was great as well. What stood out more than anything, however, is the customer service of the entire staff, especially the people at the front desk. From the moment we checked in, we were welcomed with a big smile by front desk agent, Sophia. She is very familiar with the restaurants and activities in the area and gave us some great tips which we made use of. Her customer service went above and beyond every time. All in all, we just felt like every detail was attended to and there was someone to take care of our every need. All we had left to do was just enjoy ourselves and relax, which was exactly what we were looking to do. Between the location, cleanliness and the great & knowledgeable staff, we highly recommend this amazing resort to anyone visiting Orlando!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sultana2929
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed July 10, 2010

We decided to stay here based on the reviews we read. It was a very good decision and loved the place. We stayed in a one bedroom suite and it had everything we needed. This place is very clean and well maintained. Pool was super clean. Great location, just 5 minute drive to Universal. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed July 9, 2010

Cannot believe this was a 3.5 star! The beds were comfortable, the 1 bedroom suite was very clean and modernly furnished. The bathroom was huge! The service excellent, the pool area very quiet. A definite must, especially if you are planning to go to Universal or Wet n Wild which are so closeby! My only advice would be not to count on the sleeper sofa for a comfortable sleep - our 8 year old son did not complain however it would not sleep an adult comfortably.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family