“BRAND NEW HOTEL”

Ranked #20 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
North West
“BRAND NEW HOTEL”
Reviewed January 4, 2010

When looking at this hotel on the brochure before we got to orlando it looked perfect, brand new, and when we got there it was exact to the brochure. The hotel is not on he main strip, just the road behind, in a nice quiet spot by wet and wild. The hotel was gorgeous, spotless, loved it. The staff were very friendly, loved there accent, and showed us to our room. Our room was like an apartment, could of easily lived there, felt right at home. The hotel was in a good location, very easy to get to everything, and not far from were you get the bus. The nightlife was not far either, didnt cost much in a taxi, it was perfect. In the room there was everything you needed, big fridge, big microwave everything was big. Fully equipped kitchen, to put our shopping in, as i said we could easily live there. It had a nice sitting area and dining area, with flat screen tv and balcony. Lovely comfy bed, with tv again, which went on to a huge bathroom with jacuzzi. The only thing is when i went the hotel was only new, and it didnt have a restaurant or bar, but there might be one now. The pool was an ideal size, like lying by that as it was very quiet, not many staying there at that time but it might be busier now. I would go back, definately five star quality, very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kathrine1985

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,060)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 2, 2010

I booked a one-bedroom apartment (I think it’s called executive on the website) & ended up on the 11th floor – the views were amazing! The apartment was all you could want for a 10-day stay over Christmas, with a separate bedroom and full kitchen. The communal areas were gorgeous & also felt new. Swimming pool was well lit up after dark and there was a hot tub that was really, really warm.

There was ample parking, which is handy as most holidays to Florida are “fly drive” & the Internet access is free in the rooms if you bring a laptop. It would have been handy to have a safe in the room as every time the room was to be cleaned (only asked twice during stay) I felt I had to take all my valuables (e.g. camcorder, laptop, cash & cameras) out with me, but had a car so that wasn’t a problem.

Staff were fine but verged on lax, as we found it difficult to figure out some things (e.g. oven – why isn’t there just an “on” switch? Also, the fitness suite is not an easy place to find, but I suppose I should’ve just asked). Also, the bar/cafe area could have been more comfortable & open more as there was little/no nightlife in/around Orlando.

However, if I went back to Florida/Orlando would definitely stay at the “Orlando Point” again.

• Stayed December 2009
Mosgiel, New Zealand
Reviewed December 15, 2009

We stayed at The Point Resort from 27 November 2009 to 10 December 2009. For my husband it was part business and part leisure, for me - all leisure. From the time we arrived exhausted, at almost midnight from New Zealand, we had very friendly helpful service. To make things even more wonderful, we were upgraded from a studio room to a one bedroomed suite. My first visit to the States was having a really great start.

We were amazed at the room. The decor was functional - classic I would say. The "little kitchen" was only a bit smaller than my own kitchen at home - so for a hotel, we found it huge with full size appliances including a neat little laundry tucked away behind louvre doors. Bathroom was big and comfortable with plenty of storage and the bedroom was comfortable. Had lovely views over Orlando which I thoroughly enjoyed looking out on, particularly at night. The lounge was great with a comfy sofa. Internet access was free and worked fine. Could keep in touch with my grown up kids at home via Skype.

As neither my husband nor I were interested in using the gym - we never even had a look at it. As we didn't hire a car - too risky - we drive on the other side of the road in NZ - we walked to International Drive to catch the I-trolley. There was a trolley stop right outside of the hotel, but the green line only comes every 30 mins or so, whereas the red line up on I-drive comes every 20 mins or so, so we preferred to walk straight up Carrier Road up to Chillis Restaurant and caught the bus around the corner from there, or walked the other way along Universal Boulevard and caught the trolley on that side of I-drive. As we weren't doing any cooking and eating out for most meals, this walk worked really well keeping off the extra pounds!! The location was quiet and felt really safe, even walking along these roads after dark. We used the hotel shuttle to get to the theme parks which worked extremely well.

The reception staff were very helpful in printing out other bus timetables eg the Lynx No. 42 which takes you to the Florida Mall from I-drive, and the Lynx No. 24 which goes from the Prime Outlets (I-trolley stop No, 1 - Red line north) to the Mall at Millenia. There is also a No. 8 which goes to Downtown Orlando - though we ran out of time to try that one! So for those travelling and not hiring a car - it is easy to get around just using public transport.

Restaurants in the area are great - had very few bad experiences. Service was always good. Can recommend TGI Fridays on Carrier, Bahama Breeze on I-drive, the caribbean restaurant and the italian restaurant at the Prime Outlets. Great food, wonderful service.

The only thing we perhaps were not that happy about at The Point was the fact that in all the time we stayed there, our room was not cleaned once. The trash was taken out and towels were replaced, but that was all that was done, even though we were told that the rooms are cleaned once a week. It did not bother us very much, but thought it may be worth a mention. I never said anything to the hotel staff - I didn' think I should have to!

All in all - a truly memorable stay in Orlando - I didn't want to come home!!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Miniggs
Northern California
Reviewed December 13, 2009

My husband and I chose this hotel becuase of the reviews on Trip Advisor and we visited Orlando for a convention. The rooms were indeed large and clean and new but after two nights staying there, our backs were killing us, I think the beds were too soft. They seemed comfortable but were not after a couple of nights. The location is weird, a few miles from the convention center, kind of in the middle of nowhere and there is absolutely no view. The view from our room was an auto body shop. There is no gym, so if you would like to use one, the only machine operable in their so called gym is an elytipcal machine. That's it, everything else is broken. The food in the cafe was pretty bad, we tried that once for breakfast, they could not even toast bread. The front staff was very helpful though and our room had a microwave and a fridge and was clean. We checked out to stay at a Marriott hotel for the remainder of our trip, as we always get comfortable beds there...

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
England
Reviewed December 13, 2009

Found hotel at short notice based on reviews on Tripadvisor.

Base for 2 nights in Orlando prior to flying home. We visited one park, and spent the rest of the time shopping.

Convenient location for International Drive and two big shopping areas.

- Hotel is a 12 story block which to my mind was quite dull in terms of decor, but modern, clean and having all necessary mod-cons.
- pool and pool area is of a high standard.
- cafe/restaurant is limited but serves a purpose if you can't be bothered going out for a snack.
- hotel front desk were very accommodating and helpful, rated them 5 stars (one Greek and one Netherlands member of staff).
- we upgraded to a suite which was spacious and had a small kitchen.
- impressive views of Orlando (what there is to see!).

Good value for money for price.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Ireland
Reviewed December 4, 2009

We stayed in this hotel for a week in November and we loved it. The staff were beyond accomodating. We enquired about places to eat, golf courses, places to visit and they always went out of their way to help us. It was a pleasure to deal with them.
The hotel itself was great...clean, spacious and a great location. We were looking for a self serving apartment and that is exactly what we got, overlooking the pool.Universal Studios is just up the road which was very handy. We went to City Walk for a few drinks and the park during the day. There was a bus stop right outside the hotel for the I-HOP which really brings you to most destinations in Orlando...seaworld/aquatica/both outlet centres..at only $8 for 4 days. While its not a plush hotel it serves its function for a family holiday/couples/friends etc etc
I would thoroughly recommend this hotel and we will definately be going back..

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank emmom
Princeton
Reviewed November 28, 2009

Back after a week's stay at the Point Orlando Resort in a 1 bedroom suite. Lacks the upscale resort feel, but scores high in other areas. Located on a street where traffic noise is minimal. Fully equipped kitchen. We shopped at Whole Foods and made dinner and carried lunch with us to the parks. Free high speed internet. Good sized bathroom, washer dryer. Comfortable king size bed. Good tv. Courteous hotel staff. Decent sized pool. Was never crowded. Not too far from the theme parks. We had rented a car and were able to get to all the disney parks in about 15 - 25 mins. I wonder what a hilton or marriott with all these facilities cost in peak season?

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family