“Amazing Stay!!!! No Complaints!”

The Point Orlando Resort
Ranked #19 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

I came here with two friends for a vacation and I've been blown away. This hotel definitely deserves to be in the Top 10 list for Orlando.

To begin with Fabio was amazing. He helped me with selecting amenities for my room and even gavel advise about buying a certain item I needed at a nearby store. He is very kind and professional. Upon check-in I was greeted by Kaitlin she is fabulous. I will definitely be returning again because of her. It feels wonderful to be treated so nicely.

I had a one bedroom grand suite with a jetted jacuzzi. The jacuzzi was wonderful. The suite was extra clean I did not find not one flaw. The kitchen cabinets were stock with all the utensils you can think of. They even had cups, glassware, bowls, plates, pots, pans, Tupperware, I mean EVERYTHING. Even measuring spoons. Lol. They had dishwasher with dish washing soap and even baking trays. I was completely blown away. The living room had a flat screen tv and a balcony with two chairs. The pull out sofa had a little mattress but we didn't sleep on it. The bedroom also had a flat screen tv and the king size bed was comfy topped with many pillows. The closet had additional sheets and blankets which came in very handy. I'm usually very anal about the cleanliness of the room and I had not one complaint. The bathroom was huge and the jetted jacuzzi was amazing and very relaxing. This has been the best hotel suite I have stayed at so far.

I did not get a chance to try their complimentary breakfast. The pool was phenomenal. The jacuzzi was very hot. I went during a week where the temperature was fluctuating a lot. Thankfully the pool was heated and seemed pretty warm to me I did not want to get out. I had some wings by the cabana bar and they were delicious. So were their drinks. Poolside couches were comfortable. The bathrooms in the pool area were extremely clean. The pool was from 3ft to 5ft and was kind of salty. It didn't have that very nasty chlorine taste at all. Bartender/cook was great even ordered some soda when he had ran out and I wanted some for my drink.

The area was great it's right on universal boulevard and just a few walkable blocks away from international drive. The trolley is also available around this area and the hotel has information on the stops. Don't be fooled by the solitary of the hotel. There's plenty to do at just walking distance.

Before checking out I realized one of my friends had accidents taken a room key home with them and I called front desk and thankfully was not charged an extra free. I was also just charged $20 for checking out late. Not bad at all. Kaitlin you are beautiful and amazing. Love your bubbly personality. Josh is great too with his great room service and sense of humor. I will definitely be returning whenever I come to the Orlando area. This hotel is A+++++++++

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Hayley C, Guest Relations Manager at The Point Orlando Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2014

Thanks for such a great review! We are so pleased to learn that our staff sincerely provided you with incredible service. This is one of our top priorities as a resort, and it means so much to us when guests recognize that. We are also glad to learn that you found your suite to have everything you needed. We are so glad that you plan to stay with us again when you return to the Orlando area. Please don't hesitate to contact us if we can assist in setting up your reservation.

There are newer reviews for The Point Orlando Resort

Reviewed January 23, 2014

I usually find something to complain about, but I really can't with this place.
We had a great stay! The room was spotless, the kitchen was extremely well equipped and clean, the bathroom was huge and well-stocked, separate bedroom perfect ...
In terms of facilities, the pool was great, the hot tub was ... hot, the gym was modern and well-maintained, there was ample parking, staff were friendly, shuttles to parks ran well.
The only thing I can't comment on is the breakfast
You really need to make this your place to stay in Orlando. Really excellent.
How nice it is to be able to write a 100% positive review!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Muk_muk
Hayley C, Guest Relations Manager at The Point Orlando Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2014

Thank you so very much for the kind words. We are thrilled to learn that you had such a great stay. Thank you for mentioning the high level of cleanliness that you experiences in your suite as well as how much you enjoyed the modern amenities of our resort. We hope that you will stay with us again when you return to the Orlando area.

Reviewed January 22, 2014

This time a paid for a suite and was so happy with it. It was so comfortable. The staff are all so nice and friendly. Although there is a "resort fee" it covers fast internet and the pool, which is also quite nice. I always have good experiences there.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank DonCapeMayBeach

It is excellent to know that you have, once again, had a wonderful stay at The Point Orlando Resort. We appreciate you taking the time to share that with us. Thank you for commenting on the amenities and friendly staff. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed January 22, 2014

Pros: Rooms with a lot of space and a kitchen. Near International Drive. That means near fast foods, restaurants, shops, etc.

Con: For the price we had to pay there are better hotels in that area. They DON'T have housekeeping, they just replace the used towels. A bad idea for those as me that love the cleanliness

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Cesar S

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. Thank you for commenting on the spacious suites and ideal location of our resort. We apologize that you were not satisfied with our daily housekeeping refresh service. This includes replacing towels, making beds, and emptying trash. Guests desiring a full clean every day can request this at the front desk for a minimal fee. We hope that you will consider staying with us again in the future. f

Reviewed January 22, 2014

For the second year in a row I stayed at The Point Orlando Resort while attending a veterinary conference in Orlando. The hotel and staff are just great! I've stayed in 5 star world class resorts and The Point is as good if not better. The Front Desk staff was just great - especially Kaitlyn and Fabio who were just tremendous. I'll definitely be staying at The Point again next year!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for such a great review! We are so glad that you decided to come back for a second year in a row. It is excellent to learn about the great service that you received during your time with us. We look forward to welcoming you back next year!

Reviewed January 21, 2014

The Point Orlando is a great place to stay if you need a full kitchen and laundry. The location is super convenient. Our room was spacious and quiet. I don't understand how this place is considered a resort. Yes, they have a pool and wi-fi, but it isn't worth paying an $11/day resort fee!
Our room had some issues: our mattress was so rock hard, we went out and bought a foam pad at Walmart to place under our sheets. We even considered sleeping on the pull out couch but the mattress was so thin, you could feel the supports underneath. The bathroom had a nice soaking tub that I was looking forward to using, but unfortunately there were long hairs left in it and it stayed in this condition for the entire week we were there. The toilet was dirty and the shower had mold in the grout.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the main road.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for sharing your experience with the TripAdvisor community. Thank you for commenting on the perfect location as well as the in-room amenities that our suites offer. We sincerely apologize that your mattress wasn't as great as we would have hoped. We are also sorry about the housekeeping items that you mentioned. Please know that this is well below our usual standards and we have addressed this internally with our staff to ensure it does not occur in the future. We hope that you will accept our apologies and consider coming back in the future.

Reviewed January 21, 2014

I travel to Orlando frequently and get to experience a lot of one night stays in hotels. Hotel rooms here get a lot of traffic, and tend to show a lot of wear and tear. This is the case with this hotel. The front deal staff are pleasant and friendly. The location makes it difficult without a vehicle. It is much more convenient to be on International Boulevard. There is a kitchenette set up, but no convenient place to get groceries. Free shuttles to Disney properties are available, but extremely limited. Beware of the additional "resort fee" that gets tacked on the the advertised price.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Hayley C, Guest Relations Manager at The Point Orlando Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We appreciate you mentioning your great experience with our front desk staff. We are glad that you enjoyed your kitchenette. Please note that our one-bedroom and two-bedroom suites include a full kitchen, and we have a partnership with a company called Garden Grocer that allows you to have groceries delivered right to your suite so it is fully stocked when you arrive. We do apologize that you felt the resort was showing wear. We have made consistent updates and upgrades to the resort. For example, we recently added flat-screen televisions and replaced the poolside lounge furniture. We appreciate your feedback and will take it into consideration as we make plans for future updates. Thank you for staying with us.