“Great place to stay”

Ranked #20 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
Montreal, Canada
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

We recently stayed at the Point Orlando hotel for a week. The Single bedroom suite was clean, well laid out, and had everything we needed for meals when we chose not to eat at a restaurant. It is a short drive from Universal and in a convenient part of town, close to highways. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Safety deposit boxes were at the front desk but they access was easy and staff accomodating. Pool area was nice and releaxing. Free wireless in the room was great.
Terrific value!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,060)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed March 19, 2013

This is a nice, newer hotel, slightly off the main path. Everyone was very nice and helpful. Loved having a Keurig coffee maker in the room. The sofa sleep was not very comfortable, but it was worth the full kitchen and washer/dryer in the room. We also enjoyed sitting on the balcony. Spa/tub, do I need to say more?? Easy to get to Universal Citywalk for all the restaurants ect. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: I booked through southwest and used a AAA discount and got a terrific rate!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Just back from the point orlando resort another great trip. As always the staff looked after us we couldnt ask for more. A big thank you to chris fabio amir rose and tim and all the rest of the staff at the point. the staff makes us feel really welcome every time we stay . We visit orlando a couple times a year and would not stay anywhere else fantastic kitchen if you like to cook your own food and your own washing machine and dryer and also a large fridge and dishwasher everything you need and more also a great pool bar and swimming pool and very helpful staff which is a great addition cant wait to go back and see all the guys.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank martina f
Ontario,Canada
Reviewed March 19, 2013

This place is wonderful for location. You can walk to restaurants or take the I trolley. If you are a walker like us you can walk to many locations on
international drive. The oulet mall is easy to walk to-but you will have to take the I trolley back if you shop alot.
The only only downside that I can say is that our room had burn marks in the carpet. Definetly would stay again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Laconia, New Hampshire, United States
Reviewed March 19, 2013

My husband and I stayed here back in October for 10 days while we were on our honeymoon. We wanted an inexpensive hotel that was still nice so that we could splurge on other things. It was in a great location close to tons of restaurants, 5 minute drive to Universal, and 15 minute drive to Disney. It was the perfect place to return to after a full day and night of fun. The bathroom was very nice and we enjoyed having the kitchen to cook and a giant fridge to store drinks and leftovers, also the beds were really comfortable. The staff was really nice and friendly. They even brought my purse up to me when I left it down at the pool bar before I even realized it was lost. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a clean, comfortable, and fairly inexpensive stay in Orlando. Breakfast was good because it was free everyday, but I wouldn't pay the $12 to eat if it hadn't been included, might as well go to ihop for that price. We'll be staying here the next time we go to Disney/Universal :)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
jnewell89
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I stayed here with my boyfriend (who left as my fiance :) ), at the beginning of march, booked through Kenwood travel after reading reviews on here so was expecting something first class. Overall the stay was ok but slightly dissapointing and find it hard to justify the 4.5* rating all the rave reviews on here.

Firstly the rooms are quite old fashioned and drab looking as ive seen other people mention already, we were on the 4th floor with no balcony and the windows on the outside were filthy. The TVs are box backed which wouldnt usually bother me if the system was easy to use but there wasnt even a guide feature to see what is on or would be on which wasnt very useful for those evenings spent recovering from the theme parks.

The type of room we were in was clearly the cheapest option which is not the hotels fault however I have noticed they do not make a habit of promoting this room and therefore we turned up expecting more from the "kitchenette" and not just a sink, fridge and microwave- i would have liked at least a toaster! the other main thing missing was a safe! i was shocked that the rooms did not have safes as standard as there hasnt been many hotels I have visited in my time who do not include these fitted as standard let alone in a civilised country like the states. I heard one of the staff explaining to another unhappy customer that they will be getting round to fitting safes shortly but I would have thought this would be a priority! One good thing about the rooms though was the bed, absolutely massive and sooo comfortable.

Another thing I would expect as standard was breakfast, for the fact it was basic and simple, I do feel this could be included in the price of the room especially as you also end up paying a resort fee PER DAY at the end of your stay, so 10 dollars on top of that would per person would add up. I passed plenty of travel lodge and econolodges on i-drive which advertised free breakfast and im sure to stay there was nearly half the price.

The reception staff were nice enough, however, there were times I felt they were a bit short with us when asking questions. We also had an incident in which my dad had communicated with them to organise a birthday treat for my room as a surprise, he had to ask if i had received anything because nothing had been charged from his card after sending the forms that were emailed to him- when i questioned this Fabio on the front desk was fairly unhelpful and at one point "shooed" my fiance away as he was busy doing something else- it turned out (from what i could gather) that there were some details missing on the order forms which is why the gift had not been issued to me, well surely it would be a simple case of emailing my dad back to enquire of these further details instead of ignoring it and spoiling the surpise my dad had gone out of his way to organise (no apology from the hotel). Fabio also took down our room number whilst in conversation about our new engagement which implied the hotel could possibly be planning a nice gift in our room- again nothing. So all in all I would say that the staff were ok and mostly polite but did not go that "extra mile" i have experienced in many other hotels.

The shuttles were good, and when one did not turn up to disney they paid for a private taxi for us which was good as to disney it would have cost quite a bit in a taxi. We generally got taxis to universal as it was only 8 dollars each way n could come and go as we pleased but with disney we had to make sure we were there for the day once we got there as the earliest pick up was 6.30.

Enjoyed the pool area as was a nice sun trap and pool was not too cold but not too hot (for march) and the bar man was very friendly, we didnt eat there so cant comment on that but prices didnt look cheap. The website boasts a "fitness centre" but be aware this is just a few pieces of old equipment so nothing to rave about.

Our holiday was lovely but i would not say this hotel was anything special whatsoever.

2 Thank jnewell89
Union, New Jersey
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Paid <100 a night for a king suite. Clean room. decent size-good pool view. quiet. not luxuriously appointed as some of the pictures make it out to be (or maybe those are the more expensive rooms) but has all the necessities. Good service-great staff. They woke me up at 3 AM to remind me that I left my car lights on-nice of them to do that-would have hated to wake up to a dead battery. Ample (free) parking. Close to almost everything. Breakfast is paid and isn't much of a spread. The room cleaning on our first day left a lot to be desired-towels were replaced and the bed was made but the bathroom wasnt cleaned. got back too late to call for staff. Anyway a minor gripe in an otherwise good and comfortable stay

Room Tip: Get a pool view-it has balconies too....