“best place I've stayed in Orlando thus far”

The Point Orlando Resort
Ranked #19 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Stayed her for 11 nights feb-march 2013 in a one bed suite, it was my 6th stay in Orlando.
The point is just perfect, just off I-Drive, Kirkman and Universal, but still quiet. It's on the I ride route. 5 min walk form Wet & wild, 25 from Universal complex.
The staff are very friendly. The room / flat was great. a full kitchen with lots of cooking utensils, which meant we could eat in soo easily. Great big shower and the bath was good too. The furniture although high quality originally could be described as a little lived in (just the odd chip on the wood work, all very clean and fully functional), but as I'm very clumsy I quiet liked that! The bed was new, comfy and huge!
We used the park shuttle one day, but the walk to universal is nice, Iride goes to sea world direct and Disney is do able with a bus combo in 40 mins, which gives you a lot more flexibility with timing.
Pool and hot tub were great.
Negative point, the gym equipment was a little rustic,

Room Tip: pool view will give you a view towards south IDRIVE and Disney, the other towers view is over un dev...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Drewglasgow74
There are newer reviews for The Point Orlando Resort

Reviewed March 9, 2013

Stayed at the Point Orlando Resort the week of March 1- March 9/2013. The only really negative thing I can say about this hotel was the difficulty in finding it. GPS could not locate this hotel, if you are having the same problem try looking it up on Carrier Drive which is where it really is. After the two hour search in the dark , we did arrive and it is a nice hotel/resort. Not new and some of the furniture could use an update but the rooms very clean, comfortable beds, nice applicances, jet tub and the staff are great. We ran out of a few items in the week we were there ,one phone call to the front desk and things delivered in five minutes or less. Everyone at the front desk very helpful and pleasant. We did find the rollout cot a little thin so we called down and they brought us up a second mattress for it...problem solved. Had one,meal onsite and the food was reasonably priced and not too bad. Did not try the breakfast served in the lobby. The cleaning staff does not do the dishes etc like they have done at other resorts but beds changed and fresh towels and shampoos everyday if you choose to have them in every day, we did not. The hotel centrally located and just a little off the main drag, close to Chili's, Wet n' Wild , TG Fridays , a very short drive to Universal Studios, outlet shopping and a Super Walmart on Turkey Lake Road. Overall not as new as some we have stayed at but a nice stay with very good service so we would definately stay here again. When we stayed the hotel booked solid , we wound up parking on the lawn at the side of the hotel...so they must be doing something right.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 9th floor on the pool side. Nice view but if you are worried about the noise you ma...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Clean hotel overall, excellent value but not what we were expecting! I got more of an apartment complex feel. My biggest issue was at check out and we were told there is a fee of 11 per day that we were unaware of. This trip was paid for in full and this fee was a surprise and we never were told about it at check in. If you are looking for a full service resort with a small store and large pool area you might want to keep looking but overall very clean hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Stayed here in March 13 for 2 nights. The rooms are big, clean and well equipped with fridge, microwave, flat screen TV but no safe. Importantly the bed was bis and comfy, if only the jet lag would let me sleep :0)

Hotel staff are very pleasant and helpful and a well run place and very quite.

Hotel a 20 minute walk to Universal or 5 mins in a taxi. Wet and Wild across the road and has a iHop for breakfast about 5 minutes away (opposite Wet and Wild).

When I am next in Orlando with the family I will definitely stay here as great quality for the price.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 7, 2013

This hotel was fabulous. I booked a studio room with breakfast (for 2 people) and the rate was about $130 per night off their website, which I think was a decent price. The room was huge, it really was likea studio apartment. Had a dining area, nice bathroom, a couch and coffee table, kitchenette, with coffee machine.microwave and sink, a king size bed and plenty of closet space.

To enter the room you entered an ordinary hotel door which opened to a small foyer with mirror. Two rooms came off of the foyer, which would be great for a family or larger party with 2 rooms. Having the foyer as separation between the main passage really reduced noise and light as well.

Breakfast buffet was good, the usual scrambled eggs, bacon, potato gems, toast, bagels, granola, fruit, yoghurt, coffee and juice.

The hotel provides a free shuttle to Universal Studios (Disney too I think, probably more but I don't know because I only used the Universal one). The shuttle picked us up at the hotel at 9.30am and picked us up from Universal Studios at 6.55pm. The parks opening hours were from 9am-7pm, so I would have preferred the shuttle to get us to the Park at 9am and leave just after 7pm, as I only spent the day there and I needed all the time I could get!

Overall great hotel, I would definitely recommend this to others and would stay again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 7, 2013

When we arrived, we were pleased to find out how nice and clean the lobby was and how quickly we were able to check in. Upon arrival to our room, we instantly found out that Fabio gave us a free room upgrade, and since I told them that this trip was going to be an anniversary trip for my girlfriend and I, there were rose petals waiting for us on the bed. The kitchen was huge, with all of the kitchen wares you need to cook/bake a wide array of foods. The bathroom was also huge and the bath tub with the jets was amazing. The only thing that was a little less than perfect was the bed...we found it to be slighlty on the firm side, but we still got great sleep after a long day out in Orlando and this was VERY minor compared to how nice and perfect the room and the staff were. Also, the hotel is not very far from Discovery Cove/Sea World and also from a Publix, which is about 3 miles down the road. Very convenient location. Overall, we could not have asked for a better experience. We will definitely be staying at The Point again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Fabio G, Front Office Assistant Manager at The Point Orlando Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2013

Dear Chris_Y555 -- How great to hear you had such a nice stay. Thanks for sharing. It was my sincere pleasure to be able to upgrade your suite for your special occasion. Glad I could make it memorable for you. And I'm happy you liked our location -- that's a big selling point for us with most of our guests. Can't wait to see you back with us soon.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

We, family of 3, stayed at The Point for 5 nights. Excellent service, great room. It is quiet, the only noise we heared was from another family we shared the hall with. We loved the well equiped kitchen, had breakfast there every morning after we stocked the freezer and the fridge. Nice pool area. I would definitely recommend this place!

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Dear Dutchpirates -- Great review, thanks for sharing. Always nice to hear our guests appreciate the service they receive from all our staff. Yes, the kitchen is well-equipped for any occasion. Glad to see you'll be staying with us again, perhaps to spend more time by the pool.