“The Point Orlando”

Ranked #20 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
Ontario
“The Point Orlando”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for a week in early January of 2013 with our three month old daughter…. everything was great and I would absolutely stay here again. We had a one bedroom grand suite and it was perfect for our needs. The bedroom was a good size, the bathroom was huge with the best shower I have ever been in and the kitchen was the size one would expect to find in any normal sized apartment. The bedroom closet and linen closet in the bathroom made for plenty of storage for suitcases and odds and ends. We had requested a crib and it was waiting in our room upon or arrival. The kitchen was very well stocked with equipment to the point that we had trouble finding places to store the food we bought at the grocery store. The keurig coffee maker was nice and we got two k-kups each day with the maid service… but sometimes they were decaf. The daily maid service was excellent, especially since we sometimes didn’t leave the room until mid-afternoon. They say it isn’t a full maid service, but to be honest, I didn’t really notice any difference from other hotels; they make the beds, tidy the whole place and give you more than enough fresh towels. Overall everything was very clean and seemed well maintained. Our view was nice in that we faced Universal Studios so we could watch the short fireworks show each night… but it also faced some industrial/parking areas. Having laundry and a dishwasher was great as well; we brought a few dishwasher tabs and laundry soap packets from home so we didn’t waste money buying an entire package at the grocery store in Orlando. You would think that since this is a family destination the hotel would be full of loud kids... but that wasn't the case. It was very quiet.

Others who said this isn’t really a “resort” are right. It is an apartment-style hotel… but that wasn’t an issue for us. The “restaurant” in the lobby is more of a coffee shop and I think if you paid for the “breakfast” you’d be getting ripped off. It looked more like a continental breakfast with and egg and bacon warmer added; you could definitely eat better and cheaper in your room. We didn’t use the bar/grill at the pool, but it seemed nice. The pool area was smaller than expected, but nicely done. Upon check-in the front desk was very helpful… they gave me maps/information and even a printed out sheet with the addresses of shopping, grocery stores, attractions and theme parks so I could just put the addresses into my GPS; that was a very nice touch. The only real negative I have is that the internet (which is wireless and free-of-charge) was slow most of the time… but I didn’t have any trouble with it not working.

The location was great. Close to the airport, malls, outlets, a Walmart with groceries, Universal Studios and Disney was only about ten minutes away with no traffic. Although it’s only a block off of International Drive we didn’t go there at all… it seemed pretty “junky” for lack of a better word.

Overall, it was a great stay and I would come back/recommend The Point Orlando.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank TSOntario
Fabio G, Front Office Assistant Manager at The Point Orlando Resort, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Dear TSOntario -- Thanks for reviewing your stay with us. Sounds like everything worked out well for you. It's always great for our guests to have dining options -- in-suite dining from your full kitchen is really the best option. And there are a lot of very good restaurants walking distance away that offer a good value. We do work hard offering a full, hot breakfast, with bacon, eggs, bagels, cereal, juice, coffee/tea and more in the Barista. Many prefer that option. I apologize for the Internet speed you experienced. I'll pass that word to our Engineering team to look into. I appreciate your recommendation, and hope to see you back with us again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,060)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed January 21, 2013

This is a really nice hotel and i can undestand why it is rated so high. It deserves its rating.

Hotel staff are lovely and check in was so quick. We arrived into the hotel and 10;30 in the morning and they had a room ready for us and we did not have to hang around which was great.

Hotel room was excellent.

We had a full kitchen with large fridge, cooker, washing machine and tumble dryer.

Full sitting room with lovely couch to sit on while watch some tv.

Bedroom was huge with one of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in.

bathroom was excellent with a seperate shower and bath.

Swimming pool was lovely and clean with a nice bar to get a drink at.

Free WiFi was a plus as we have stayesd in other hotels and they charge you an arm and a leg for WIFI.

Free transfers to the park are brilliant. Air con coaches. Parks are not far away. Wet And wild is a two minute walk. Universal is 10min by bus transfer, Disney world is 20min by bus transfer(depending on which park you are going to in Disney World)

Only down fall of the hotel was to things;

1 - you had to pay to get your room cleaned. They would make your bed for you, change your towels and take out your rubbish but everthing else you had to pay for.

2 - We went to get tea and a bun twice from the caffe they have in the lobby, but both times there was nobody there to serve us. We got talking to other people around the hotel who found the same problem. They Were losing out on a good bit of buisness because there was nobody there to serve. But in saying this it would not put me off staying here again they are only small minor things.

I will not look at any other hotels in orlando, I will just book this one.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear sidous -- Thanks for the great review. I appreciate it a lot! You made some very good points that will be helpful to others. For most of our guests, our "Trash 'n Tidy" -- changing towels, emptying trash, making beds and replacing toiletries as needed -- is plenty, considering many people are off in the theme parks during the day. Yes, we do offer "full cleans" for an additional fee, for those wishing a change of sheets or further cleaning, more often. Those staying more than 7 nights get this included. And I apologize that you couldn't get service at the Lobby Barista. For your future reference, anyone at the Front Desk is happy to step over and take care of you at the Barista. But we'll monitor the potential business at the Barista and reconsider how we staff that facility. Thanks for the suggestion. I'm glad you won't even look at any other Orlando hotels. I look forward to greeting you back with us soon.
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed January 21, 2013

I have to travel to Orlando on business several times a year. I always stay at The Point. No place else compares. The rooms are beautiful. I especially enjoy the jacuzzi tub, full kitchen and the balcony. And, it is less expensive than the usual hotel chains that don't have half the ammenities and yet are more expensive.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Jeanie T
Dear Jeanie T -- Well said! Thanks for the great comments. Always nice to hear from those traveling on business, how well our resort stacks up. And I'm sure your company appreciates the value we bring, for the amenities we offer. I can't wait for your next trip to Orlando. Maybe for pleasure next time?
Newmarket, Canada
Reviewed January 20, 2013

After reading the many great reviews on Trip Advisor, we booked with The Point Orlando Resort and have no regrets! It is exactly as everyone describes. Very clean, comfortable beds, full kitchen including Keurig coffee maker, blender and dishwasher, spacious living room, amazing bathroom with jet-tub and separate shower (large!), beautiful heated pool and hot tub, cabana with reasonably priced food and drinks and great location for Universal Parks, Premium Outlets and International Drive. The best part about this property is the people who work there and the service they provide. Everyone from the housekeeping team, to the front desk employees, to the maintenance workers and the management were extremely friendly, welcoming, helpful and made our stay perfect! They try to personalize the experience for each guest and we felt right at home.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear gradan -- What a "wonderful" review -- thanks! You did a great job describing everything for others considering us as their Orlando resort. And I'm particularly happy that you experienced our great guest hospitality. That's important to us. Hope to see you again soon.
Manaus, Brasil
Reviewed January 20, 2013

I stayed at The Point for over 1 week and the experience was very good. The kitchen was complete and the rooms were very comfortable and clean.

It is well located close to International Drive and with easy access to the roads.
Very goog option.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Rogelio P
Dear Rogelio P -- Thanks for the nice review. Always terrific to read that we are a "great hotel to stay; clean & new." I look forward to seeing you again in the near future.
Michigan City, Indiana
Reviewed January 17, 2013

There are many choices to stay in Orlando, and we are very pleased with the one we made. I especially enjoyed the pool and cabana where drinks and some food are available. The room was clean and comfortable.

1 Thank Kadie O
Fabio G, Front Office Assistant Manager at The Point Orlando Resort, responded to this review, January 19, 2013
Dear Kadie O -- Thanks for the review. I'm so happy you enjoyed everything, including the pool and Cabana Bar & Grill. See you back with us in the near future, I hope.
Maidenhead, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 16, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 2 weeks in Sept 2012. We couldn't have picked a better hotel, it was perfect! We were on floor 7 so had a great view over the pool and into the distance! We were upgraded to a suite and loved the room, very clean, spacious and comfortable! Bed was really cosy and bathroom was massive! We spent a couple of days by the pool and never had any problems getting a good spot. The staff were brilliant really helpful and friendly! I would revisit this hotel in an instance and would definitely recommend this hotel. Perfect Florida hotel!!

Room Tip: Higher floors had better views!