“Home away from home”

The Point Hotel & Suites
Ranked #19 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed January 9, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel for the last 3 years and i came home today after our 12 days stay with myself my husband and our 3 year old grand-daughter our friend and there grand-daughter we all had a fab stay that i have pre-booked to go back this december again i would not stay anywhere else its like home away from home you have all the amenities you need at this hotel plus free wifi the desk staff Fabio,Natalie,Rose and all the other staff aswell as the maintenance staff they were all brilliant i could not fault this hotel in anything i hope to have many years of staying here as i wouldnt stay anywhere else in orlando but The Point Resort Hotel Orlando

Room Tip: Dont knock this hotel till you try it you will not be disappointed believe me
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Fabio G, Front Assistant Manager at The Point Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2013

Dear poppyo47 -- Your review was great! Thanks so much! And Welcome Back! Thanks for re-booking your next stay already. We appreciate the loyalty. We promise to continue the outstanding service on all your future visits. And I love your tip. That's a vote of confidence we take seriously. See you next time!

Write a ReviewReviews (4,891)

Reviewed January 9, 2013

The reviews of this hotel are on the whole accurate and correct. This hotel provides top end accommodation for groups and families who require self catering accommodation. A little more attention to detail and this place could be unbeatable for value for money? Staff are helpful and keen to please, location great clean and comfortable. On the attention to detail points the good standard of furniture looked tatty due to being abused by previous residents. The marks on the walls need attention and a kettle is a must for us brits it is stretching it a bit to call it a resort hotel facilities are basic for a 4 star hotel, but having said that I would recommend this Hotel as a base for visiting all Orlando has to offer.

Room Tip: Bar prices at the pool are over the top take your own?
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Dear ELVIS087 -- Thanks for the review and I appreciate your feedback. I'll be sure to advise our Maintenance team to look for some of those touch-ups you mentioned. And the suites should include a kettle for your tea. If you don't see one, be sure to call the Front Desk, and they can usually take care of that. I appreciate the recommendation, and will watch for you on your next Orlando visit.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

We were 2 adults, 3 kids (ages 1,3,5). We stayed in a 1-BR Grand suite. THE PROS: very comfortable, clean, clean, clean. Free Wi-fi into our room on the 8th floor. Decent breakfast buffet. Needed to buy some extra items like laundry detergent and swimming floaties and was very pleased to see that there was no price gouging, something that is almost standard practice at the brand name hotels. International Dr very close. Kitchen is well equipped. The appliances were clean and relatively modern.

The cons: not many. No in-room safe. Daily room service is limited, understandably so. Mattresses were below average for this price-point.

Bottom-line: I would stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Fabio G, Front Office Assistant Manager at The Point Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2013

Dear Letsboogiedown -- Thanks for your review, and good feedback, too. We are working on in-room safes in the near future, so stay tuned for that. And thanks for the feedback on the mattresses. I'll be sure to pass that along to Management, for consideration on our next renovation. I'm happy to see that you'll be staying with us again, and I look forward to that.

Reviewed January 8, 2013

My partner and I stayed at The Point Orlando resort for 16 nights in September 2012.
When we arrived we were very impressed with the room as it was spacious with a full kitchen and massive bath room. The bedroom was slightly cramped but can’t complain as we were not in the room much. We had a one bedroom suite and found the doors to the bathroom really strange and awkward when we have my parents stay over for a few nights.
We had read reviews saying that there was going to be Internet in every room...NOTE...this is not Wi-Fi but a cable connection. Luckily enough as we had a pool view and wasn’t too high from the ground level we did get Wi-Fi connection. I would have hated to sit at the pool or lounge area just to use the internet.
The maid service was good and we got a full suite clean done on the 7th day.
The pool was very nice and not too busy at all. I wouldn’t like to see the pool at peak season and it’s not very big and has a small number sun loungers. The pool bar service was slightly slow as only one person serving at a time. The food was very nice and reasonably priced.
I was very disappointed with the shuttle service and every time we used this service it was over 10-15 minutes late. We resorted in having to get taxi’s and the I Ride which defeats the purpose of having the shuttle service and having to pay resort fee’s.
The resort is walking distance to Wet N Wild and Walgreens. Universal is a bit of a walk but can be done if it’s not too hot. We mostly got a taxi due to the shuttle service being so poor and timings were not good at all.
The door keys are a pain. We had to have the card keys reset about 15 times over a 16 night stay. This needs to be sorted as if you are on the 6 floor like I was and had to go all the way to reception, wait in a queue to have them reset..but all you want to do is go into your room and sit down after a hard day at the parks.
I would recommend this to anyone as it was a great resort...but it has a long way to go to keep up with its sister hotel Floridays!!!
HUGE thank you to Stephanie who was very helpful when we needed anything and always so nice and friendly.
IF you don’t mind staying down at the bottom end of International Drive I would recommend Floriday's!!!!!

Room Tip: Pool view above the 5th Floor
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear hideandseek23 -- Thanks for reviewing your stay. I'm glad you enjoyed your suite. Since your stay, we've installed resort-wide WiFi, so you won't have the problem with cable connections in the future. Thank you for the feedback on the shuttle. I'll be sure to pass that along to Management and the company which runs the shuttles. I apologize for your experience with the keys. That's not typical, and I'll be sure to advise our Maintenance team to look into this. While that other hotel is great, we do hope you'll decide to stay with us on your next visit. Don't hesitate to reach out to me directly, if I can assist in any way.

Reviewed January 8, 2013

We stayed here while visiting Universal Studios in early January 2013. My decision to stay here was completely influenced by the other TripAdvisor reviews and high ratings. I'm happy to say that all the positive reviews were 100% correct. This place is very nice.

I followed the other recommendations and asked for a pool view on a higher floor and ended up on the 9th floor. What a great view! We were actually there for New Year’s Eve so it was fun to see ALL the local firework displays off in the distance when the clock rang midnight! They even kept the pool bar open late on New Year’s so it was fun to see all the partiers heading down for a complimentary champagne toast at midnight!

We booked a 1-bedroom suite and it was very clean and very spacious. It was great to have a full kitchen, washer/dryer, and a separate tub/shower, and a separate water closet for the toilet. You could tell that the fixtures/furniture were very good quality compared to other suite hotels in the area. The WiFi Internet access was excellent (I measured it at about 12 Mbps which is very fast!)

The pool was heated and the cabana bar was open all the time. That was nice to see because some hotels close down their poolside service in the off-season. The food/drinks were great and very reasonably priced. The pool area was a great place to hang out between park visits! The staff was extremely friendly and helpful.

We were surprised that the lobby café was closed most of the time –especially when we wanted to get a cup of coffee late in the afternoon. It seems that it was only open for breakfast. Not a problem though –we could always order coffee from the poolside bar or simply make it ourselves using the nice Krups coffee maker in the room!

My only minor complaints were parking and the check-out process. Parking near the building was extremely limited so we generally had to park further away when we got in late from the parks. When we wanted to load up our car during checkout, there was no room to pull up closer to load it up. When I was ready to check out, I had to wait about 15 minutes while ONE person waited on all the other guests AND answered the phones too. There were other hotel workers nearby but evidently they could not work the front desk. That was a little frustrating because I was anxious to get on the road for our 22 hour trip back home!

Overall, this is a wonderful place to stay. I’m sure we will stay here again when we return to the Orlando area!

Room Tip: Request a higher floor for a great view of the surrounding area. The pool side is great but book on...
1  Thank Jeff F

Dear Jeff F ---Thanks for joining us for New Year's Eve, and thanks for the helpful review. I'm so happy we were able to accommodate your room request. I apologize for your parking and check-out experiences. During busy times, the lot can become busy, but we always accommodate everyone. I'll look into the Front Desk situation. I'm sorry you had such a wait. That's not consistent with our standards of Guest Service. But I'm pleased that you'll stay with us again. I look forward to that.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

We stayed on ground floor grand one bedroom suite and the unit was very spacious. Nice full kitchen with everything you need (pot, kettle, blender, toaster, dishes, glasses & utensils). Publix supermarket on Sand Lake Road. Tons of restaurants nearby. The unit had balcony facing pool. Unit had washer/dryer. We ordered room service & from pool area. Food was hot & tasty and selection was fine. Really love the large bathroom with jacuzzi tub and separate shower stall. Best of all, every staff member we encounter with were courteous, professional, and helpful with directions. Didn't use the free shuttle to park so can't comment. Still better to rent car so have freedom to leave for parks early and come back and stop off to shop or eat at nearby restaurants.

Room Tip: Reserve one-bedroom suite with washer/dryer. Then don't need to pack so much clothes. We staye...
1  Thank worldtrips

Dear worldtrips -- Thanks for the review and the very helpful tips. Others will really appreciate those, too. It's great to read that everything was to your liking, and that our staff took good care of you. A rental car is a good option, allowing additional flexibility for your schedule. See you back with us soon!

Reviewed January 7, 2013

The staff was helpful but not obtrusive. They even gave us a map of nearby restaurants - very helpful for us out-of-towners. The shower was huge, the garden tub was a favorite of our "mermaid" 6-year-old. The pool was heated, which was greatly appreciated since we were traveling in December/January and our daughter absolutely HAD to go swimming. The beds were extremely comfortable, the views great and the location fantastic!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Dear Nashville_Mom_of_two -- Thank you for the "Good family hotel" review. I'm pleased we could assist you with everything, but not be in the way. And I'm happy your 6-year-old enjoyed the pool and Jacuzzi. Sounds like fun! I hope you'll start planning your next visit with us, when you return to Orlando.