“ready for my stay”

Ranked #18 of 338 Hotels in Orlando
Columbia, South Carolina
“ready for my stay”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

The personal pictures and the reviews on this hotel were very helpful and I cant wait to stay here in April 2013. I have booked my families stay and is very excited I was trying to find a hotel that was decent enough to stay in when we go to wet n wild and also close enough. So far everybody reviews was pretty much the same. Which makes me to believe this is a great hotel. Excited about my Orlando Trip and cant wait to Visit. Please excuse my ratings the website said I had to rate.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Fabio G, Front Office Assistant Manager at The Point Orlando Resort, responded to this review, October 14, 2012
Dear jkgentry27 -- Thanks for the kind words about the reviews of our resort. I'm sure you won't be disappointed. You'll find you can literally walk across the street to Wet 'n Wild. Consider one of their multi-day passes; a good bargain. I’m confident we'll be the "great hotel" you anticipate. Please don't hesitate to ask at the Front Desk if there is anything we can do to make your stay more enjoyable. And, after your stay, I'm confident you'll be leaving these same ratings here on TripAdvisor.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,069)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
North Carolina
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Property located very close to Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure -- within 1 mile drive. The room was nice and staff very helpful and friendly. Room is not cleaned (as in vaccuming, mopping,etc.) only trash is removed and bed made and fresh linens. Extra fee for more extensive cleaning. Room included stackable washer/dryer, stove, microwave, Keurig coffee maker, toaster and dishwasher, jetted large tub and stand up shower. Did have a problem with occasionally not being able to connect to Wi-fi. However, enjoyed our stay and would recommend it to travelers.

1 Thank DopplerGal
Dear DopplerGal -- Thanks for leaving such a detailed review. You are correct about our daily "trash 'n tidy." It is usually plenty for most people who spend most of the day in the theme parks. We replace the towels, make the beds and remove the trash. Those staying over 7 nights will get a full clean, automatically. Those who want more frequent "full-cleans" can get that service at an additional fee. I apologize for the challenge you had connecting to our WiFi. I'm sorry that you happen to hit that short window of time as we were working the bugs out of our WiFi roll-out. But it's up and running now, which is a great thing for everyone. You'll have no problem on your next visit to us.
Rochester, New York
Reviewed October 11, 2012

We loved our 2 BR suite for our family. It was spacious and clean. Would definitely stay here again. The pool area was nice too. Great place for the price! Very close to Universal and the shuttle was a nice extra also.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear mjwindrj - Thanks for the review. I'm so pleased that we provided you a comfortable and enjoyable vacation. We hope you'll come back and visit us again soon.
Scotland
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Hotel in a decent location just off I-drive and close to the usual suspects Universal and Disney etc...our "Grand Suite" was ok but nothing to get too excited about, it was clean but just not quite as nice as we imagined. One thing that was not working was the wifi in the rooms which is always a consideration when we book anywhere and should have been present, it did work in the lobby but still rather frustrating having to head down from the 10th floor every time we needed to use the internet. Our first night we went for a drink and something to eat in the bar next to the swimming pool, the food was not the greatest and the drinks served in plastic cups, that was our first and last visit to the bar area. Parking was plentiful when we visited with no problems. The daily cleaning was a hit or miss, some days done to a good standard and other days what seemed like very little had been done... certainly not "Grand Suite" feeling in the cleaning department. The staff were friendly and helpful throughout our stay. In summary I would recommend this hotel as a base, but do not expect too much in the food and refreshment department.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Frankie-and-Emma
Dear Frankie-and-Emma -- Thank you for your review. It's always good to get feedback that our staff was "friendly and helpful." However, I am disappointed that we didn't live up to your expectations. I regret that you got caught in the time we were working the bugs out of our WiFi system. Fortunately, it's all working well now. And I’m sorry you weren't excited about the food at the Cabana Bar & Grill. We do, however, have to serve our drinks in plastic out there, due to the proximity to the pool, as glass near a pool is a safety issue. I apologize that the room cleaning wasn't consistent. You should have gotten a good "Trash 'n Tidy" each day, emptying the trash, making the beds, and replacing towels. I'll have our Housekeeping Supervisor more closely monitor that the services are rendered consistently. I appreciate you recommending our resort to others, and hope you'll return soon, so we can show you the proper level of Guest Service we give to our guests.
Reviewed October 10, 2012

My family and I have visited Orlando several times. The Point orlando was the cleanest and most comfortable room out of our 3 prior trips. The room was nice the staff was great. The room was cleaned no daily cleaning but unless you have a maid at home that does a daily linen change and sterilizes your home that's not a let down. Cleaning is available at an extra fee. For the cost the quality of the hotel is exceptional. The price was the same as some regular hotel rooms but with lots of space and kitchen to save money and prepare food.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear Reesa26 -- Thanks for the review, and recognizing the exceptional value we offer with such spacious accommodations. You are correct. Most people are quite happy with our "Trash 'n Tidy" service. Those desiring "full cleans" more than once per week can pay additional for that service. Those staying more than 7 nights automatically get the full clean. I look forward to welcoming you back very soon.
Santa Ana, California
Reviewed October 10, 2012

So my partner and I decided to go to Orlando and didn't know where to stay. We got on Trip Advisor and saw The Point and decided to give it a try because it got good reviews. Well, The Point did not disappoint. ;) We arrived around 12:30am and the front desk agent Gina was so nice. She gave us a lot of information of things around the hotel and even offered to order food for us if we wanted it, but we were all right. I had booked an executive studio suite and Gina upgraded us to a one bedroom suite, no extra charge! (This made me happy because I was trying to make this trip special because I was proposing to my partner.) We were so excited to see the room, it was beautiful. We were on the 11th floor and had a living room with pull out couch, kitchen, balcony which overlooked the pool, bathroom had a jet tub and separate shower with great water pressure. The bedroom was right off the living room and bathroom and was pretty big.
We stayed two nights and we were given a late checkout, which really helped us out. We were meeting friends at the end of the day when we checked out so the front desk held our luggage for us and allowed us to use the pool. The pool was gorgeous and we decided to check out the bar beside the pool. They have great sandwiches, flatbreads, salads and more. I had a BLT and Bloody Mary, my partner had flatbread and a mai tai. I think his name was Jason that worked there, but he was very nice and he ran the whole place himself. It was such a great time sitting there by the pool enjoying the food and drinks. (yes, I had more than one ;))
The pool was SUPER cold and the hot tub was SUPER hot, so I guess that's good but it was just sort of shocking at first. lol The pool was super salty too, like swiming in the ocean, but it was still very enjoyable. When we left the hotel helped us get a cab.
The ONLY things we were kind of upset about was that the bed was SO LOUD. We both were afraid to move during the night in fear of waking the other up. Plus they could possibly update the televisions in the rooms to flat screens. I think it would just be a little more special. (even though we didn't use the TV THAT much) Plus the morning buffet was $9.95/person. I was a little upset about that so we just got breakfast at Universal Studios.
Anyway, I would DEFINITELY recommend this hotel. The staff was so nice, the actual hotel itself was clean and beautiful. Our view was amazing (could see Universal from our floor as well) and the pool/bar was a great place to relax for the day. You're within walking distance of International Blvd, which has many restaurants and you can catch the I-trolley to explore the area more for cheap. Thank you to The Point for starting our trip off right! :D We will be back next time we're there.

Room Tip: We booked on a "weekday special" rate which was very affordable. The one bedroom suite wa...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Ohtiki30 -- Thanks for the review, and thanks for letting us share in your proposal getaway (I hope she said "yes!") It was great that we were able to extend a late check-out to you (sometimes we can't due to high occupancy). The pool can definitely feel cold, with the warm air temperatures we've had lately. Glad you could balance it out with the hot tub. I apologize for the noisy bed. That's definitely not standard for our beds. I'll track that one down and get it adjusted. You'll be glad to know we are in the process of transitioning to flat-screen TVs, so they should be in place during your next visit with us, which I hope will be very soon.
Newcastle
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Great hotel at a great price. Stayed for 5 nights in June 2011 room was spotless and spacious.

Great location opposite Wet n Wild and about a 20 min walk to City Walk. Shuttle bus was a little disappointing it seem to go around the world but still handy.

Pool area and bar very clean and relaxing.

Had breakfast in the hotel every morning and although options were limited still made a good start to your day at a reasonable price.

Would recommend this hotel to anyone and will stay here again for sure.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Corrina H – Thank you for taking the time to review your stay on Trip Advisor, we are glad to here it was a great one and hope to in welcome you back as a Return Guest. We have great specials for those returning please reach out to us to in the near future.