“Perfect If You Need 2 Separate Bedrooms!”

The Point Hotel & Suites
Ranked #19 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed September 30, 2012

My husband and I, and his parents had just completed a Disney Cruise and were staying in Orlando a few days to visit the parks. We knew we’d need two separate bedrooms and a shared living area. The Point was perfect for us. Parking was easy and the lot was never crowded since only guests can park there (the front desk will give you something to put on your dashboard). Everyone at the front desk was very nice and check in and out was easy. They even let us check in at 11am without an extra charge! There is a small breakfast buffet in the morning for a price but we always went to IHOP for breakfast which is right around the corner and was cheaper. The hotel was always quiet and we never heard anything from other rooms or the hallway.

We had the largest room option. There is one entrance door and when you open that there’s a little foyer and then the 2 door entrances- one for the smaller room, and one for the larger room. We just always kept the interior doors open with a chair. The smaller room has a king bed, a little seating area, a mini fridge and microwave, and an average sized bathroom. This single room is connected to a much larger hotel room that has a private king bed, large bathroom with separate shower and bath tub, and a large living room and full kitchen with stove, oven, microwave, large fridge, pots and pans, plates, glasses, silverware, and even a washer and dryer with one box of detergent (more is sold in the lobby).

Housekeeping did a good job, there was good water pressure in the shower and the room was very clean and looked new. The pool area was large and clean and there was lots of seating areas and a nice bar. The hotel couldn’t be in a better location. There are tons of restaurants and activities like Wet N’ Wild, CSI Experience, Wonder Works, shopping, mini golf, etc. and the Disney parks were a 20 minute drive.

Here are the things I didn't care for which is why I rated 4 stars: the bed was the hardest and loudest I’d every slept on. Every time my husband and I would roll over there was so much noise that we’d both wake up. Also, the entrance door on the side of the hotel didn’t have a keyed entry so anyone could walk in. In fact, throughout the evening we kept getting flyers pushed under our door for restaurants in the area. And there wasn’t a safe in the room. They’re only at the front desk. Free wireless internet was only available in the lobby and wired in the room.

The Hotel website describes this place as an elegant resort but I think that’s a bit of an exaggeration. It’s really just a quiet place that’s more comfortable than elegant and is ideal for those travelling with family who need extra space.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Fabio G, Front Office Assistant Manager at The Point Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2012

Dear wildlotus2482 -- Thank you for taking the time to leave such a detailed and helpful review. You did a great job, and it will be helpful to others planning their accommodations. We appreciate all your comments and apologize that the bed was not comfortable for you. The firmness is tough to get right for everyone. Many prefer firm, and many prefer softer. We'll have to take a look and see why your bed might have been noisy. We'll have our Maintenance staff look into it. That should not have been the case. You'll be pleased to know that we are in the process of adding safes to all our rooms, so guests won't have to leave their valuables at the Front Desk. And we've now completed the integration of WiFi throughout the resort, in all suites, so no more wires required. We appreciate all your comments and opinions. We're more than happy to be a comfortable resort, in a great location, with helpful staff. Hope to see you back soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,855)

Reviewed September 30, 2012

The room was very nice and had all the amenities you need to spend a memorable vacation in Orlando. The breakfast is optional, we preferred to stock the fridge. Walgreens is only 2 mins far by car. Parking is no problem. All theme parks are easily accessible by car. Only 15 to 20 mins ride. DEfinitely recommended.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear StephenC25 -- Thanks so much for the review and recommendation. You are wise to put your kitchen to good use. Hope to see you back very soon.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

If you are reading this it's because like us you rely on trip advisor to make your decision as to which hotel deserves to receive your hard earned cash. Well after reading the reviews we chose this hotel as a change, we have stayed at the homewood suites int drive which I loved (twice) plus the Floridays resort. I'll start with check in, this was straight forward and we were given a high floor room with wonderful views, really impressed by the service, but then on day 3 we came back to our room only to find our room door was open by approx 8" we stopped and looked at each other in confusion and mostly concern as to how this can be, o entering the room there was no one in there, I checked my money, iPad etc and thankfully nothing had been taken. I rang reception to complain and find out what the hell was going on, I was advised they would send an engineer up to determine who had used entry into our room, I later found out it was house keeping and was given an apology, I was still very annoyed and concerned, I voiced this to the manager and was offered a free brekfast for one day. I took this as a slight insult when there were upgrades free champagne etc being thrown at other guests according to trip advisor just for mentioning a special occasion. Another issue we had was lack of towels being supplied, my partner and I showered and this just left my son only to find no clean towels were available, we had been replenished for just two people. I rang reception who apologised and immediately arranged for a towel to be delivered.
Guess what???????? 30 minutes later no towel was delivered and my son used mine, I did address this once again with the front desk and they delivered the towels. By now it was too late.
So to summarise the hotel, the rooms are nice, the service we recieved was very poor in my opinion especially when our passports, money, iPhone, ad etc could of been taken from the room, I don't, want to sound negative but ask yourself if this was you would you feel secure knowing this was not taken seriously when addressed.

Room Tip: we had a room on the 10th floor and could see the fireworks, the bed was the noisiest creakiest bed...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Dear Atgk -- Thank you for sharing details of your stay with us. We apologize for your room being left open. As I'm sure the Front Desk told you, this is not keeping with our standards of guest service, and should not have happened. Our offer of a free breakfast was our way of apologizing for the situation, in a tangible way. It was not intended as an insult to you. We're sorry if it came across that way to you. And we apologize for the towel situation. We should have supplied you with adequate towels or, at least, brought the towels you requested promptly. We are sorry for that situation. We pride ourselves on high standards of Guest Service, and we clearly slipped in your case. We have discussed this situation internally, particularly with Housekeeping, to be sure such a situation doesn't happen to any other guests. We do truly hope you will give us another chance to show you the Guest Service you deserve. Feel free to contact me directly, if there is anything else I can do to assist.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

We had six lovely nights here in a 1 bedroom suite. Everyone here is extremely friendly and all of the amenities are as expected. The shuttle to the parks are free and convenient. The only drawback is some unusual return times, however we chose to taxi home anyway as it is only a short ride (less than $10 for Universal and SeaWorld).

We were celebrating our Honeymoon and the lovely staff sent us a delicious slice of chocolate cake!

We would definitely stay here again and highly recommend The Point to anyone looking to stay near International Drive.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Fabio G, Front Office Assistant Manager at The Point Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2012

Dear Sam H -- Thank you for the review and recommendation. And thank you for letting us share in your honeymoon celebration. Glad you liked the cake! Sorry for your experience with the shuttle service. But you were wise to use a taxi to give you more flexibility controlling your vacation time, still at a reasonable cost. We're glad you'll be staying with us on your next Orlando visit. We look forward to that.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

new,clean hotel good location, excellent helpfull friendly staff, thoroughly recommend to any kind of traveller/s.all you need is there or a phone call and a few short minutes away! a very pleasant place to stay with rooms to accommodate everyone.we returned later the same month and received a free upgrade which was a nice touch to end our vacation

Reviewed September 25, 2012

I have stayed here plenty of times before and my last stay was just this past weekend for my husbands birthday. I wanted to surprise him so i ordered cookies and milk, a balloon that said i love you, and rose petals on the bed. Upon arrival, i was so excited and i had wished i could of gotten a one bedroom suite instead of just a regular room. Well when we walked into our room, we got upgraded to a one bedroom, and my husband was shocked to see the king bed with rose petals, a plate of fresh baked chocolate chip cookies, the balloon i have requested, and a happy birthday card! I also loved the fact that the bar tender at the cabana remembered me even though its been a couple of months since our last orlando stay. The price is always right, the service is always excellent and i couldnt be more happy about staying at the point orlando resort!

1  Thank klabandera

Dear klabandera -- It's always nice to see our returning friends come back to visit us. Happy Belated birthday to your husband. Glad we could be part of your celebration, and it was a PLEASURE to make it special for you both. And thanks for the kind recommendation. We'll look forward to your next visit. Maybe YOUR birthday!

Reviewed September 25, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for 2 days and loved it. Every time we visit Orlando this will be our choice of stay. We a beautiful view of of international drive from our balcony. Everything was simply marvelous. My only complaint their was enough parking to accommodate the guest.

2  Thank porterca

Dear porterca -- Thank you for the review and we're so happy to see we've been chosen us as your go-to hotel in Orlando. That means a lot to us. We're sorry about the challenge you had with parking. During certain busy times, at certain times of day, there can be challenges with parking. For the most part, we can accommodate guests' cars well, even if we have to use our "grassy knoll" overflow. However, sometimes a car gets "mis-parked" and can block others. We're looking for parking solutions now, and perhaps by your next visit, it will all be resolved. Please come back soon.