“5 star hotel at 3 star prices!!”

The Point Orlando Resort
Ranked #20 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
Chicago, Illinois
“5 star hotel at 3 star prices!!”
Reviewed October 19, 2011

Had the best time at this classy upscale hotel moments from Universal Studios and the convention center. My 1 bedroom unit with kitchen and beautiful living room looked right down on the pool. The staff is very friendly and helpful. We'll definately go back for my future stays to Orlando!!

Room Tip: go for the one bedroom unit...Well worth the upgrade!!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank mrwes68

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,060)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
Woburn, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 19, 2011

So I booked a 4 night stay at the point orlando and requested a free upgrade to a larger room for choosing their hotel over the hundreds of hotels in Orlando. The manager said no problem we can go ahead and do that for you. As you can imagine, when we got to the hotel they were magically filled to 98% capacity. The hotel never seemed to be packed with people at any point. Even at breakfast the next morning we only saw about 5 people eating breakfast. Our room was small and shared a small foyer or hallway with another room so when your neighbor comes in and out of their room you hear everything. The laundry room used by the cleaning ladies was at the end of my hall so all night long I heard what sounded like a helicoptor out side my window for 45 minutes was my guess to be the dryer going all night long. My wife and I also didn't like the area at all. It seemed runned down and of a low class. Area was also very very busy and tough to get around in. Traffic was horrible so waiting for the trollies was quite a wait somtimes. One of the reasons we booked our stay at The Point was their close proximity to Universal Studios which they offer a free shuttle to. Well their free shuttle only drops you off and picks you up early before the park opens and then well after the park closes. So in the morning you have to wait an hour and a half for the park to open and then, assuming you want to stay the whole 9 hours the park is open, you have to wait an hour and half after the park closes to be picked up. What good is that?! We canceled the rest of our stay at the Point and went back to the Buena Vista Palace located inside disney.
It should serve as a red flag when you post a video on your website of a customer stating that she has appsolutely no complaints about The Point Orlando....obviously! their not going to put someone on their website listing negative complaints about their own hotel!

Room Tip: Pay the extra money for a large suite, you'll get so much more. Don't trust their "free...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
thepointorlando, General Manager at The Point Orlando Resort, responded to this review, October 20, 2011
Dear Joe,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our Resort. I apologize for any issues you may have encountered and want you to know that I have reviewed your kind comments with my staff and will insure that upgrades are honored at all times when possible. We appreciate your overview and will work very hard to insure a delightful stay for all our guests. Have safe travels, we hope to have the opportunity to share our improvement with you.
Jerry & Staff
The Point Orlando Resort
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed October 18, 2011

I would like say that our stay at this Resort was Awesome! The Resort Staff was really nice. Everything was really clean and updated. We were right near everything but not right in the mist of all the noise and busy traffic. I am so glad we chose this Resort. We plan to return to the Resort soon:) Nice weekend getaway.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DiamondBlue2
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed October 18, 2011

I did not eat in the restaurant, but I like the comfort of a full kitchen. It would be nice to have free Wi-Fi in the rooms and not just in the lobby. I would use the facility again. The location is very good, close to most things.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Connie S
Ireland
Reviewed October 18, 2011

Just back unfortunately from 3 weeks in Florida, 2 weeks were spent here in the Point Resort. Great hotel in a wonderful location. 5 mins walk to WetNWild and 7 mins walk right to the center of International Drive.Loads of restaurants and Bars nearby. Less than 5 Mins drive to the front gates of Universal. Right in the hub of everything. Pool is perfect with new bar for a nice cocktail to cool down.Towels provided at pool. Resort is also spotless and rooms have fully fitted kitchen. Beds are huge and comfy. Can't complain at all really,It was my second time to stay and I will be back.Special mention for 2 staff members.Fabio and Angela are just wonderful and helpful, Genuinely cannot do enough for you.Any questions please feel free to ask?? Regards, Tom.

Room Tip: I had the 1 bedroom suite and its perfect.Had the room on higher floor and you can see for miles
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tom71_Tina76
Kentucky
Reviewed October 18, 2011

I chose this resort due to the full kitchen in the 1 BR suites, the in-room laundry facilities, pool, pool bar, and fitness center. The rooms are wonderful for space and amenities. The kitchen is equipped with plenty of dishes and cooking utensils so that you could pretty much cook anything you wanted within reason. It was great to have the ability to do laundry in the room, so keep that in mind when you pack to stay in this resort. The bathroom was spacious and clean, with a separate whirlpool tub which was lovely. We really liked being able to close doors between the living area, bedroom, and bathroom in case someone wanted to sleep in. The carpet in the living rooms had some stains, but that wasn't a huge bother. The bedroom was very quiet, which was one of the best aspects of this resort.

The staff was friendly and helpful. The only request we made was for more clothes hangers, which were brought immediately to our room.

I was disappointed in the fitness center. It consisted of two treadmills, an elliptical machine, and a dreadful weight machine. The weight machine was ancient and I would not recommend that anyone use it because you could easily injure yourself if you are not a regular exerciser and aware of proper form. The cardio equipment seemed adequate, I only used the elliptical and it worked just fine. The simple addition of a set of hand weights would be a huge improvement. Fortunately, the living area in the 1 BR suite was large enough that I could move the coffee table and have room to do some workout videos.

I only had drinks at the pool bar and they were just okay. They were overpriced, even by Orlando tourist standards, and were very weak on the alcohol in my opinion. They also did not have the means to use fresh lime juice in the drinks, which is really just a travesty when you are selling mojitos and margaritas. You would be better off to buy your own supplies, make drinks in your room, and take them to the pool in plastic cups.

The pool was large and the surrounding area pleasant to look at. The pool is supposed to be heated, but there had been a huge amount of rain and the heaters could not keep up, making the pool too frigid for my taste. There are plenty of pool towels available and loungers all around. The loungers are hard plastic and I kept wishing I had a blow up float to use for some cushioning.

We stayed here for my husband's business trip and I took some vacation time along with some work in the room. I would recommend this resort for all types of travellers, but would probably not stay here without a vehicle. There aren't many quality restaurants within walking distance and if you are going to the Disney parks, you will have much more flexibility in your schedule if not relying on the hotel shuttle service. For a Disney focused trip, I would prefer to be closer to that area, but if you are going to Universal, Sea World, Wet & Wild, or checking out the I-Drive attractions, this is a great location.

Room Tip: Corner suites are very quiet
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Hettie15
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
Reviewed October 18, 2011

Great place, location and quality and nice to have a warm feeling condo to stay in at the price of a regular hotel.....I hope I can get the same great price for this hotel the next time I book it !

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends