“Clean, conveniently located and well appointed hotel.”

The Point Hotel & Suites
Ranked #19 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed June 15, 2011

Enjoyed our stay at point orlando resort. We were close to universal, and it was great to come "home" to clean rooms and relax. Kitchen was clean and well equipped. Definitely would recommend point orlando.

• Stayed: June 2011
Write a ReviewReviews (4,855)

Reviewed June 15, 2011

Some friends and I were getting together for a weekend of fun. We located this hotel on Trip Advisor. We booked the 2 bedroom suite which worked out great for our group. The suite has a full kitchen with a washer and dryer. Close to Universal (on the same road, about a mile from the park), Wet and Wild, and International Dr. The hotel has a shuttle that runs to Universal in the morning and back to the hotel in the evening - it does not run at any other time. Nice pool. Everything was clean and well cared for. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Found a special on the hotel web site.
Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 14, 2011

We stayed at the Point Resort for the first night of our vacation last week and we were put in room 401h (will explain the h later) the room was cleanish of average size and was ok for one night. As our vacation progressed we returned to Orlando for 4 nights on our last week of our vacation and we were booked into room 501h. The h means that you have the bedroom only of a 2 bedroom suite and that you share a door and hall with the adjoining 1 bedroom suite. You also get the pleasure of hearing everyone next door coming and going and the main door slamming every time someone enters of leaves. I also had the pleasure of being woken up by my neighbour making scrambled eggs for breakfast the calling her rather noisy kids to the table and making them eat the aforementioned breakfast. Also if you want a quiet time do not take a studio at this hotel as you will not get any peace at all. As I looked round the room I noticed several things that were not right. Stains on the carpet and overall the carpet looked grubby and in need of a good clean, The top of the microwave was caked in dust that thick you can write your name in it. And why give you an ice bucket in the room when there is no ice machine for guests to use. You have to ask for ice and they get it for you from the restaurant. In the bathroom the towels were all odd and several were discoloured. The main point that really annoyed me was the black mould that was growing all over the tile grout round the bath and I don’t mean little specks I mean large obvious patches of thick black mould. The bed was quite comfortable but the same cannot be said for the pillows, they were of the cheapest quality that gave you no support on your neck at all. They were all synthetic fibre filled pillows. As I have a bad neck I am now in pain because of this. All in I can only advice you with what I have noted from our room. If you stay at this hotel do not have a studio I repeat do not have a studio as you will get not peace if the unit adjoining yours is occupied I could even hear the mom beat the eggs this morning. Not very happy at the so called cleaning and I have put some pictures up to show my points also the carpets in all the hallways are grubby and in need of a good vacuum then a shampoo. All in feel a bit ripped off with this Hotel, if we had known that we would have a room like this we would not have booked and made another choice. Also if you are going to book either a 1 or a 2 bedroom suite please remember that they have yet to break ground on tower 3 so you may have your vacation next to a building site. All in unless you want to fork out for a 1 or 2 bedroom suite do not book this hotel as the studios are not a very good option for anyone to stay in.

Room Tip: book a 1 or 2 bedroom suite and avoid the studio s
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
11  Thank ukguyz
thepointorlando, General Manager at The Point Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2011

Dear Guest,
I want to thank you for choosing The Point Orlando Resort, on your recent visits to Orlando, Florida and really appreciate your staying with us on two occasions this visit. Your comments are very important to us and I want you to know that I have reviewed them with my staff members and have personally taken action to correct the issues, that you have brought to my attention. First of all, I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. I also want you to know that we have a manager on duty 24 hours a day and always respond expeditiously to any guest issue that may have slipped by us. Allow me to say, it is through comments such as yours,that we will continue to maintain a high level of satisfaction and strive to maintain our superior ratings, from all of our previous guest experiences and future guests.

I sincerely appreciate your overview and want you to know that at The Point Orlando Resort, your level of satisfaction is our measure of success and we will try much harder in the future to insure a totally great experience, with more emphasis on the details.

Again, we appreciate your business and I hope that I can be of assistance to you, should your travels bring you to Orlando at anytime in the future.

Please, feel free to call on me,
All the best!

Jerry Slaten, CHA
The Point Orlando Resort
407-956-2002

Reviewed June 9, 2011

Based on the very positive reviews here on TA, i decided to book a two bedroom suite for our visit to Universal parks.

We stayed at The Point for just two nights and we loved our huge room. Two bedrooms, two bathrooms, a really nice living room with a fully equipped kitchen (we never used).. everything were so clean and well maintained!

The hotel is conveniently located on I Drive (but in a secluded part of it, so you won't hear anything from the road!), with some restaurants and a Wallgreens nearby.

Although Universals are not walking distance (there are closest hotels), it takes just a couple of minutes by car to go there.. and they have a complimentary shuttle bus service every day.

Just an episode that happened the first night we were there: while we were in the parking going out for dinner, we saw a very suspicious guy coming out from the hotel running soooo fast with a bag under his arm. Hope he hasn't stolen anything, but it looked like a weird situation!

By the way, due to our short stay, we couldn't try the swimming pool and the bar..

Wish i could stay longer in Orlando!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank interpol81
Reviewed June 8, 2011

Just came back from a two night stay. June 6& 7
The pro's: The hotel is pleasant and clean.. The staff helpful. The location to Universal Studios great.
The cons: very unsecured parking (no tickets or patrolling of lot ( as a woman felt uncomfortable parking at night) The pull out sofa unusable by anyone over the age of 5. Literally 2 1/2 thick, my daughters and I all slept in the one king bed ( age 21 and 14). The comfort level of the bed and pillows mediocre at best. The studio room had older styled tv and no DVD . Odd for a newer complex. Came back in mid afternoon (after day at park) and room had not been serviced had to ask front desk to send housekeeping..

Upon checkout I commented about the resort fee I felt it is unwarranted, did not have to argue. It was removed from bill. Again staff was top notch. I would stay again if only two people. Then again with other properties in the area I will probably check out other locations before I return. (I am a annual ticket holder to Universal and plan several visits to the parks)

Room Tip: Check their website for unadvertised discount rate
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Cherirock
Reviewed June 8, 2011

The resort was very clean, and the manager on duty, Fabio, was great! Our stay was extremely comfortable and enjoyable. For our first vacation without our children we were expecting a lot. The Point Orlando Resort lived up to all of our expectations! We loved eating at the bar and watching the game by the pool!

Room Tip: Use your AAA discount!
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 7, 2011

This is one of the best hotels in Orlando. Friendly staff, comfortable suites and very well equiped kitchen make this a excelent choice to stay in Orlando.

Room Tip: Choose suites instead studios
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends