“Excellent Paradise”

Orlando Attractions Roundtrip Transfer
Ranked #3 of 442 things to do in Orlando
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Discovery Cove is a one-of-a kind experience where you can interact with bottlenose dolphins, feed tropical birds, play inches from a family of otters and even walk on the Grand Reef floor-all in one day. Between adventures, recharge with unlimited island fare and refreshments. With this all-inclusive experience your family can unwind, explore, learn, and create memories that will last a lifetime.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Lockers / storage, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access
Reviewed November 16, 2006

We (a party of 6) went to Discovery Cove on 13 November 2006. It was fabulous, 5* day , dolphin swim was highlight off the day, wish it could be for the whole day, but would not be able to see the 9000 fish and sharks on the wonderful coral reef.

It is an expensive say, but our ticket did include a 6 day pass to Seaworld, so on the whole worth the cost

4  Thank Chez6577
Write a ReviewReviews (15,252)
All reviews
in 133 reviews
"including alcohol"
in 122 reviews

Reviewed November 10, 2006

Words don't seem to say enough about this place. Absolute paradise my husband and I said. We would go again and again! It's worth the price of admission, talk about leaving your cares behind. Everything is included once you walk through the doors, and they treat you like you're worth it! They had the best customer service I have seen virtually anywhere. The water was stunning, you forget that you are not anywhere even near a beach, you literally think you are on your own private island somewhere in the tropics. I can honestly say that out of all the parks we visited in Orlando...this was one place NOT ONCE did I hear any child crying or complaining, and not one adult looking like they'd had enough. Everyone was completely at peace and happy. The food was fantastic and there was nothing left to want for...maybe just a few more minutes riding our dolphin Roxy!

6  Thank 2kutekdz
Reviewed November 9, 2006

We have just arrived back from our holiday in Florida (me, my wife and two sons) - Had a great time

Our last full day was spent at Discovery Cove (Sat 4th Nov)- What a truly fantastic way to spend the last day !
We did the the Dolphin experince / swim - FANTASTIC - what a privalige to be able to swim with these wonderful animals

Also being able to swim with all the wonderful tropical fish and rays - a great experience.

The quality of the photos that were taken while we were with the Dolphins were also very good - A brilliant reminder of a superb day.

We were also generaly very impressed with the whole place - Very clean, good food, great facilities, nice staff.

If your going to Florida - I highly recommend a visit to Discovery Cove.

We also loved sea world - the Doplhin and Shamu shows were great.

KP,
Swindon

7  Thank Profster
Reviewed October 27, 2006

My sister and I spent the day at Discovery Cove on October 22nd, 2006. We also booked the dolphin encounter with the package.

I can truly say the place is beautiful - very lush and very clean. the check in was a breeze, everyone was helpful, they pointed us to the lockers, we received our swim vests, snorkels and masks and a bag to carry them in, we grabbed a couple of towels, put on the sunscreen they provided and we were off to snorkel.

I liked Discovery Cove because we never had to fight for a beach chair, there were never any lines (except at lunch), the food was included, you could have whatever you wanted to eat and drink, everyone was very friendly and helpful.

We really enjoyed the coral reef, the fish were great, the water so clear and warm. There were tons of fish. We enjoyed the stinray pool and seeing the sharks. The tropical river was OK, it would be nice if there was something to see along the way.

Our dolphin experience was good, our dolphin Rose was very friendly, the trainer was extremely nice, we were in a group of 8 which was nice sized.

One thing that they need at discovery Cove are more signs pointing you in the right direction (although everyone was more than willing to point us in the right direction), and they need some clocks around. We had a 2:40 appointment time to swim with the dolphins, however we did not have a watch on and were constantly asking people for the time.

With the limit of 1,000 people allowed a day you never felt squished in a crowd, you had a lot of breathing room and there was always a place to sit.

We showered after and I love the Crabtree and Evelyn bath products in the shower and I thought the plastic bags for your wet suits was a nice touch. And I liked the idea of taking and using as many towels as you wanted. I hate the idea that you are on a towel restriction.

We were both glad we went and would go again. Even though you were right in the middle of a busy area (right across the street from Sea World) when you entered Discovery Cove you feel like you are on a tropical island away from everyone. too bad you eventually have to come back to reality!

14  Thank Penney1000
See more reviews
Reviewed October 23, 2006

The park is definitely above average. It's not at all crowded, the staff are lovely and the food in the restaurant was exceptionally good. We were fascinated with the rays and my son loved snorkelling with the tropical fish. We also loved the aviary, and were fascinated by the staff's extensive knowledge of all the individual birds. Everything was top quality. HOWEVER, the one slight let-down was the dolphin experience. Ok, we didn't expect to be swimming in the open sea, but we felt crowded and hurried. I did expect to share the experience with another party, but did not expect to share it not only with 5 other people in our group, but also with two other groups of people as well, within a few yards of us, with their own cameramen and trainers. I think the impression they give in advance is that you are in a secluded area reserved only for the dolphin experience. In fact, anybody strolling past can watch.
The concept is great, and we might even go again for a lovely relaxing day, but we would not do the dolphin thing again. I wouldn't really recommend that part.

14  Thank Frostycat