“This was a wonderful experience”
Review of Discovery Cove

Orlando Attractions Roundtrip Transfer
Ranked #3 of 437 things to do in Orlando
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Discovery Cove is a one-of-a kind experience where you can interact with bottlenose dolphins, feed tropical birds, play inches from a family of otters and even walk on the Grand Reef floor-all in one day. Between adventures, recharge with unlimited island fare and refreshments. With this all-inclusive experience your family can unwind, explore, learn, and create memories that will last a lifetime.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Lockers / storage, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed June 25, 2014

This was such an amazing experience for the WHOLE family, from 9 to 77! When we arrived (at 6:40AM - a little early) we waited outside until about 7. We were checked in and then waited about 45 min before being let in to the park. We had a quick breakfast in order to make our 8:10 dolphin experience time. The trainers were helpful and the dolphins were a lot of fun. I highly suggest the biggest picture package. Everything was top notch - from the showers to the food. We were very impressed. This would have been given 5 stars, but the register in the gift shop would not work at the end of the day. I would suggest that all sales people be equipped with a mobile phone and a square.

1  Thank Glover R

Reviewed June 24, 2014

What can I say??! I have done this twice now and I could do it every month forever. The people make your day so welcoming, the dolphins are the best animal ever, so cute and comfortable. Swimming with them, in the reef, drinking a beer in the water bar, lazing round the lazy river,white sands, it's just fantastic. And if you can you definitely have to try the SeaVenture, I have done this again since and was something I never thought I would do. I have ahead a life long fear of water but with this you are actually walking down in to water and walking in the seabed. Fishes are all around, you see Sharks, hold crabs, take pictures, it's unreal.

Reviewed June 24, 2014

I've been here twice and each time was absolutely AMAZING. Parking was a breeze, check in just as easy. I love the complimentary photo before you get in to the resort property. That's right RESORT. Although no beds, this is considered a resort style setting, and the atmosphere is just that. Not to mention in the price you pay, don't back away slowly clutching your wallet like it's going to be taken from you. This is NOT Disney, they won't do that. Sure its anywhere from 150-400 a person, and depending the activity whether you choose a dolphin swim or non-swim you get your monies worth. It's ALL INCLUSIVE, that's right, ALL inclusive. that's parking, breakfast BUFFET, LUNCH BUFFET, entry photo, and all the snacking food and drinks you could want. And for the adults, this includes the alcohol, be it beer, wine or a mixed drink. You also get complimentary snorkel gear, and a complimentary locker.

The swimming is wonderful, even If you're not swimming with the dolphins you'll still love the tropical river (its not a lazy river you will have to actually paddle and for weak swimmers there are fun noodles!!) Or for us lazy swimmers, its fun noodles!!!! @__@

The water is heated, and a constant temp. The oasis is beautiful and you get to see the otters up close, the reef is amazing, and sadly, THAT is cold in my opinion even though its supposed to be like 76? But there are hundreds of fish, and sting rays. There are also sharks, but on another part of the reef where you can purchase that particular experience If you're crazy enough to scuba with sharks.

The food, is GREAT, I love going back for seconds....and thirds...ok, so I like to stuff my self once in awhile, but its included, may as well eat hearty.

Some places in the pools, in the shallows there are chairs and benches in the water where you can chill with a drink.
Plenty of beach chairs, and beach access, the cabanas for a more private experience, yes you have to PAY for that, but why bother when there is a less than 2000 limit to be in the property on any given day?

Yes, you have to pay for souvenirs, which obviously they would be crazy if they included in your payment, but still....I think the photos, are more than enough.

If you plan on going out to dinner after, there are shower facilities on property with towels. shampoo and conditioner and body wash.

Please also know, if you plan on enjoying the property, for the safety of the animals and live reef they ask you to use the sun screen they provide. It's patented to be safe for the animals. It's a small gesture like this, from all guest that keeps the property beautiful and the animals alive...who wants to see a reef with a bunch of dead fish floating around everywhere because people don't listen?

Overall, I highly recommend this place, it's amazing fun, and well worth the price.

5  Thank TamzynRayne
Reviewed June 24, 2014

We knew we were in for a treat when valet parking was offered on arrival. We made our reservation about 3 months in advance. We had done the Sea World visit as well as other parks the Orlando area. We were a group of 6. Check in was fast and efficient. We were then shown to the locker area and told how to begin our day. We explored on our own then had lunch and then the dolphin swim. Money well spent. The food and service were wonderful and the park was clean. I am glad they limit the number of visitors per day, it enhances the experience.

1  Thank chateauoh
Reviewed June 24, 2014

We have been to Discovery Cove twice and I would go back every time. Although it is an all inclusive resort and the food is amazing, we were so busy both times that we only managed to squeeze lunch in. We arrived at 8am and were pretty much kicked out (very nicely). The staff are great, the dolphins are fab, the snorkelling is brilliant especially if you are a beginner and a bit apprehensive. Highly recommended.