“Book it - great trainers who were amazing with children with autism”
Review of Discovery Cove

Orlando Attractions Roundtrip Transfer
Ranked #3 of 442 things to do in Orlando
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Discovery Cove is a one-of-a kind experience where you can interact with bottlenose dolphins, feed tropical birds, play inches from a family of otters and even walk on the Grand Reef floor-all in one day. Between adventures, recharge with unlimited island fare and refreshments. With this all-inclusive experience your family can unwind, explore, learn, and create memories that will last a lifetime.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Lockers / storage, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed March 29, 2014

Having a child with Autism who loves animals this was an important part of our trip to Orlando. The trainers absolutely made this day for us and managed to tempt my daughter in despite her being terrified but still wanting to do her dolphin swim. They were kind, knowledgeable and allowed her to do it in her own way and in her own time. The food and drinks are great too as is the snorkelling with the rays which none of us had ever done. Amazing day for all the family

1  Thank Julie L
Write a ReviewReviews (15,182)

Reviewed March 29, 2014

My granddaughter and I have been coming here once a year for several years. Initially it started out as a "once in a lifetime experience" but after an initial visit we knew we'd be back! It is my most favorite place in Orlando! The staff is extremely helpful! Check in is relatively quick. And the food is great. We had done the dolphin encounter years ago...great but for me once is enough! Now we make sure to do the SeaVenture every time! That is truly awesome! Unfortunately there is always a snag..once lawyers get involved! The first time we did SeaVenture there was no problem. The next year we couldn't go because I needed a "permission" slip from my granddaughter's mother! The next time I had the slip but still they were not satisfied! This year there's a formal waiver that can be printed out and signed! Guess what! They wanted a copy of ma's driver license! No where did I read that! Grandparents beware! Anyway, it was faxed over and the rest of the day went smoothly! We love the Grand Reef, the Lazy River, the freshwater reef, and the aviary! It was a beautiful day! I would recommend a cabana in case the weather turns bad, which it can. You will have towels, drinks, snacks, and a locker right at your fingertips and a staff member that will keep you supplied!

2  Thank Johanna B
Reviewed March 28, 2014

This place is laid back and you get decent time with the Dolphins, the reef and lazy river / rapids are brilliant. The staff are very friendly, we got up pretty sharpish and had the Dolphin encounter pretty early, around quarter to 9. It was brilliant as we then had the rest of the day to relax, go on the reef etc. It really is a brilliant bit of respite from all of the busy parks etc, the food was good - all the beer / drinks you could want and some great photo oppurtunities! Expensive, but worth the money in my opinion. A definite experience, much better than other "swimming with dolphin" trips / excursions that I have been on.

Reviewed March 26, 2014

First & foremost I would like to that FOUR amazing young ladies that contributed to our wonderful time at Discovery Cove--Kayla at Guest Services was beyond phenomenal; she is one the most genuine employees I have ever met in Orlando & DC is very lucky to have someone with her personality and professionalism. Brittany from our check in was very courteous and patient as I waited for my boyfriend so we could schedule the best dolphin time for us. Krista was our cabana hostess and could not have been more delightful. And one of the most knowledgable, personable lifeguards we met was before our Dolphin swim on 3/25 right outside of the Sand Dollar cabana--Amanda. She has worked there for 6 years, and with her shared knowledge you could tell! Aside from these interactions, the experiences with the Dolphin (Roxy all the way!!!) and the Grand Reef, we wanted to stay! But don't be fooled! You will be tired at the end of the day. We kept diving to the bottom of the reef and swimming around the lazy river. Best form of exhaustion, ever! I truly hope everyone can experience DC. It really is a hidden gem in the madness that is Orlando. Kudos to you, SeaWorld! I can only look forward to the future with your entertainment and conversation. Thank you for bringing it to Orlando! 3.25.14

4  Thank Ellen C
Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

No crowds. No lines. No additional charge for food or drink. No legions of baby strollers. No constant hawking of time share vacation clubs. What's not to like?

Staff is unfailingly friendly, upbeat and courteous. Grand reef, aviary and Sea Venture were all spectacular. Dolphin encounter is interesting, but not worth the additional cost.

Will definitely come back.

5  Thank C_Hedlund