“If you love animals”

Orlando Attractions Roundtrip Transfer
Ranked #3 of 436 things to do in Orlando
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Discovery Cove is a one-of-a kind experience where you can interact with bottlenose dolphins, feed tropical birds, play inches from a family of otters and even walk on the Grand Reef floor-all in one day. Between adventures, recharge with unlimited island fare and refreshments. With this all-inclusive experience your family can unwind, explore, learn, and create memories that will last a lifetime.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage, Activities for young children, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children
Reviewed October 7, 2012

I can't imagine a better park, the interactions were amazing - its pricey, but meets and exceeded our expectations

There are newer reviews for Discovery Cove

Reviewed October 7, 2012

The whole day was great even if you don't swim with the dolphins loads to do friendly staff, great food, snacks and drinks all day. the snorkling was great with the fish and stingrays and dolphin swim was amazing just wished it was longer had a great time.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

We enjoyed our day at Discovery Cove. Great Experience to swim with the dolphins and snorkel with the sting rays and fish.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

Despite arriving for our swim on the coldest day of the trip, this was a fantastic experience! The swim itself took place soon after we had arrived which left us the rest of the day to enjoy the other facilities. As we got free entry to seaworld with our discovery cove package, we decided to take the free shuttle over the road for a couple of hours before closing (this was a very good service, which dropped us right at the entrance to seaworld and collected us back to DC when we were ready to come back for our transfer back to the hotel). Fantastic day out and something that really should be done at least once!

Reviewed October 6, 2012

I surprised my daughter with a trip to discovery cove (and all sea world attractions - for the weekend of labor day). We visited Sept 2, 2012. The one thing I cannot stress enough is to get there EARLY! We arrived at 730. Check in was a breeze, all you need is your photo id and childs birth certificate for proof of age. They snap shot your picture for your ID card and thats it! We walked in and WOW! You feel like you are slowly transforming into another world. The whole feeling just walking in is just amazing. Tons of trees, bamboo, and sounds you hear from their website - and then you pop out by this little village area before the coves. ( Gift shop and Photo center) We started our day by picking at reception our dolphin swim time for 9:45am. I believe this is your ticket to the day to do this early because you can easily get lost in everything once you get going. And dont worry about learning where everything is. There is at guest relations a waterproof map to attach to your ID landyard. But once you get going its easy to figure out the plan on the resort. But additionally which I loved, there is always someone helpful and can just know you are lost or looking for something. Everyone was very attentive to every need and no one hesititated to make everything perfect. The attitude of the staff was 150% customer and beyond! So like I said we made our reservation with the dolphins for 9:45am and when we were checking in we got all our belongs together suits on and just ordered ourselves, then headed over to breakfast. All I can say is the food is very decent and ambundant - eat like a king or queen. (The snack stands are awesome as well. My daughter (6) loved the slurpees!!) By the time we were done eating, we headed over to the intructional tiki/hut? for our tutorial of the dolphin swim, then ultimately swam with Baby Amaya and Lester. We had a good group for our swim, 2 other families and their children and it was just fanstatic! The trainers were awesome and very mindful of how small my 6 yr old was. They made sure to hit every key point of education as well as, make a joke to make the kids experiences not just a education. We had alot of fun! We did later on snorkeling in the reef - which was our #2 experience of sites. My daughter and Iwere entranced for 3 hours. It was aweomse to see her just GO! And like I said you get lost with time. It was by luckI looked at my watch and noticed it was lunch time. So we ate and that was just as good or even better than breakfast. And alsothey will try to accomodate any 'special' food requests if you need it. (allergies/cross contamination for special diets) Which is hard to find. At the aviary though I was disappointed. My daughter wasnt thrilled with it, and it wasnt as good as you see in the pictures. The birds arent " everything " more like here and there and will come to you if they are hungry, you get a little monkey jar of food but I think the birds are just over the tourist. LOL. We enjoyed our oasis river experience and everything else they had to offer. Just wish the dolphin swim was a tad bit longer. As with everthing it flies by. Overall experience was point on for the money. As far as pictures, I had my own waterproof camera, canon point and shot for pictures and video. And it was a first buy first use and also has my highest recommendation. But during the dolphin swim you cannot use your gear in the water. They do it all for you which is nice. You can after your swim chooose your pictures and your package. I did the everything, poster,2 key chains, few wallets, 5x7 and a cd of dvd and pictures. came out to about with tax 225- ish?. (atleast 200.) I thought it was a good buy for a first time swim with dolphins and just not having to worry about a thing. So we did that and picked it up about 500 when we left. We gathered our stuff at 430 and got dressed before the mad rush to the media tiki hut. Another thing, when you go there, dont worry about brining literally anything but your self, id and being in a bathing suit. They have EVERYTHING! Literallly everything you need. You get a snorkel to bring home, choice of suits or vest. Get both just incase. And just store it in your locker. Sun screen, shampoo, conditioner, body wash which was located actually in the shower stall itself. Towels. I mean you cannot go wrong to think you forgot something, thye have it covered! I do not believe I am missing anything. And pretty much well rounded my review. If someone asked if I would go back - i would say yes! and i would definitely go back to do trainer for the day for that cost. which we will do a couple years down the road. (more personal time with the dolphins).

4  Thank Britain B