“Satisfied”

WorldQuest Orlando Resort
Ranked #87 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed August 12, 2013

This is our 2nd time staying at this resort. We stayed at a 3 bedroom, 2 bath for 3 nights. Our family enjoyed the time being here a lot, especially the kids. The condo is very spacious, swimming pool area is beautiful. Overall, the staff is very friendly, condo is very cleaned and well maintained. Very convenient location; close to shopping, World Disney, etc.
We will definitely come back to this resort again.

1  Thank AnhTC
Write a ReviewReviews (2,115)

Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

We struggled to find the worldquest resort as the directions on their website are not quite right. However when we got there we were very happy, not only because we had found it but because it was so beautiful! Our apartment was spacious and well equipped, we overlooked a lake which was beautiful. The pool area was lovely and open until 11pm, which was great after a hard day at the theme parks. The complimentary breakfast was appreciated. We enjoyed eating this by the pool catching up with the other guests from around the world
Perfect location for disney.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Carrina1203
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We stayed at the WorldQuest this past weekend and it was an amazing experience. The rooms were super spacious with wonderful amenities. I especially liked our 2 bedroom/ 2 bath suite. It was very large with a full kitchen and jacuzzi master. Great place to hang with family and friends. We will definitely be back again soon! Thank you, thank you. :-)

-Audrey

Room Tip: 2 bedroom suites sleep 5-6 comfortably with full kitchens.
1  Thank Audrey S
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We returned here for a second year running. Again, great staff, clean place, great pool etc.

Being built in 2006, this place is looking a bit tired now, and some of the furniture could do with replacing.

My biggest gripe is the cross-trainer in the gym could do with a service - this has not been fixed since we were here last time!!!!! - nearly a year ago.

If they'd just fix the gym - and put the air con on a bit cooler, and generally improve the tired furniture, I'd be very happy.

On balance, a great place however. Thanks!

Room Tip: Building 1 or 2 are the ones closest to the pool.
Reviewed August 11, 2013

We just returned today from an 8 day stay at WorldQuest, August 4-11, 2013. Overall, we enjoyed our stay. I will begin with the positives:

1. Bargain - The TravelZoo deal we received secured us a 3 bedroom, 3 bath condo for $139/night. We booked first and foremost for the savings, after thoroughly researching all other important details regarding the property and the ease of access to Disney.
2. ROOM! - We have four children, ages 9,11,14 and 16 and our trip would be ruined if we were all on top of each other! This is one reason we don't look to stay at a Disney property. We always book condo style accomodations (this being our 7th trip to Disney in the last 15 years). We liked the fact that our boys would have a bedroom, as would our girls (but that wound up changing a bit. The second bedroom has two twin beds, but the third bedroom has only a double or queen, so my nine year old slept on the sleeper sofa, but be aware, not all units have them). We stayed at the Floridays in 2011 and preferred that bedroom layout, with the second and third bedroom having two full beds in each room. My husband and I would enjoy a roomy master and en-suite bathroom. On this requirement, WorldQuest certainly delivered. NOTE: We checked out units in buildings 2 and 4 (closer to the pool, club house/breakfast, shuttle stop and front desk/market/concierge - who BTW seemed to be very attentive and thorough with the people she was assisting) These units were dated looking so we decided to take a unit on the 5th/top floor of the building 7 - the last one in the back and farthest from the amenities in the front, because this building is said to have been the most recently renovated. We were pleased with the updated furnishings and four flat screen TVs.
3. Proximity to Disney/free shuttle to park - WorldQuest has 3 scheduled shuttle departures every morning/early afternoon for Epcot, with three returns available to guests every evening. Shuttle service is included in your room charge.
4. Attractive grounds/club house/pool/common areas - all were present at WorldQuest.
BONUS - all of the staff at WorldQuest were friendly and accomodating. Absolutely no complaints here.

Unfortunately, there were a few negatives. I will not focus on the minor ones, I feel that some people complain about things that are just not necessary to bring up. I will only mention the issues that could prevent us from returning.

1. SHUTTLES WERE FILTHY! Every property we've stayed in had complimentary shuttle service, so we've experienced many. WorldQuest's shuttles were absolutely the dirtiest we've been in. I was uncomfortable sitting on the dirty, grungy "upholstered" seats, and I didn't like my children sitting on them either. The orange foam cushioning from the seats was actually coming out from tears in the fabric and crumbling all over the floor. These shuttles need to be replaced if they are to be more in line with the type of resort that WorldQuest is trying to advertise themselves to be.
2. SHUTTLE RIDE TO EPCOT TOOK AN UNSAFE STOP EVERY DAY! The first time it happened, my husband and I thought the shuttle that was in the median, having come from the opposite direction, was broken down. The other shuttle driver was waiting in that grassy area next to his bus for our shuttle to come to a stop in the area between the highway lanes and the exit lanes. We were terrified when we came to a halt in this highly unsafe area, a prime target for a rear end collision! The other shuttle driver crossed the couple of lanes to "meet up" with our driver and pass him a permit/parking pass or the like. He then returned to his shuttle and we merged back onto our highway. After this routinely happened every day, we deduced that they were sharing this pass, rather than each having their own. I don't know if this was a cost-saving effort (we're assuming), but whatever the reason, it is an EXTREMELY dangerous activity for both the driver of the other bus and the ENTIRE busload of people and the driver heading to Epcot! I must note that of lesser importance, the shuttle drivers were always on time and friendly. I actually felt sorry for them that they had to engage in such a risky ritual every day. JOE was especially helpful, insisting on reviewing transfer procedures with all of us each time we reached Epcot.
3. Safety/unscrupulous behavior - I must be honest, this problem did not occur until the final night of our stay, so I hope it was just an isolated incident, but it must be mentioned nonetheless. There was a man and woman on our floor engaging in a loud, foul-mouthed altercation from when we returned from the parks at 7pm Saturday night until the wee hours of the next morning. The argument did wax and wane, and mainly could be heard from the front bedrooms of our unit as they are the ones facing the exterior hallway. As my husband and I were in the master in the back of the unit, we were not aware that it had continued until my daughter told us the next day. She also alerted us to something very scary. There must have been a fight of some type between a bunch of guys somewhere outside of our building. The police came to break it up. This concerns me greatly and since the property is supposedly guarded at all times by a security guard at the gated front entrance, I have to assume these were guests of the WorldQuest? Definitely not the type of people I want to expose my young children to, and could definitely prevent us from returning in the future.
4. The breakfast area is too crowded for the number of people staying at the property and needs to offer something other than breads/muffins/danish, apples and oranges (no bananas or cut fruit), juice and coffee/tea.
5. If you like a quiet location, away from it all, yet close to Disney, WorldQuest is for you. This was a positive for us as well, but we would have been happier if there were some type of stores/restaurants within walking distance. We had to take a taxi ($25 RT to the super crowded/super frenetic Super WalMart the first night to load up on everything we needed for the week in terms of food, spirits, etc). The resort on-site mini-market does sell some snacks, drinks and alcoholic beverages, but selection is limited and the markup is high.

So...in general, we did really enjoy our stay at WorldQuest and would like to return in two years, if these issues can be worked out.

4  Thank mommylau
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Well we just got home from our return trip to World Quest and once again nothing we experienced would stop us from returning . We did have some issues with making the Reservations but they were straightened out by Tim Gross. While we were there a few problems did arise like the Master Bedroom remote missing upon check in . People STOP STEALING THE DAMN REMOTES and or BATTERIES . In all my years of traveling that thought has never even crossed my mind ,try Walmart or Amazon. On our second or third night in our refrigerator gave out, I called down stairs and have to say within a half hour of my call Engineering had replaced it with a new one. I have read many revues about Word Quest not really to make up my mind but just to see what people are saying . I do agree that the rooms are starting to show there age but with the turn over of guests and some I'm sure have the it's not my Home attitude there holding there own . My family loves the Pool and the fact that we can get a three bedroom unit . When my children were younger we have stayed in Disney and most of the Marriott Resorts but try to get a three bedroom unit at those places . I read alot of negative reviews about the Free Breakfast and honestly in the close to a month that we have stayed here in the past two years we have never gone down to try it .My wife makes the kids breakfast every morning or we eat at the Parks . One thing I can say is that from the view from my Balcony and the amount of people there ,not to mention the endless plates and such full of food heading to peoples rooms had bad can it be .Or is it just that Free Food thing .As far as location I like the fact that it is a little of the beaten path while still close enough to all the attractions and restaurants, as far as the staff they all seem friendly and helpful I even made sure to stop in and thank Tim Gross for straightening out the issues I had prior to our arrival. To sum it up is the World Quest a resort that offers the best of the best and can guarantee you an incident free vacation ...........of course it's not . And if they ever do invent one of those resorts I doubt that me or most people who read this review would be able to afford it .What it does offer is a roomy comfortable vacation at a decent price. If the family decides on Orlando next year I would have no problem in staying at the World Quest again.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

There are some negative reviews on here but we booked it anyway, mainly for its location to Disney - and the drive from here is simple.
We had a 2 bed 2 bath suite in building 2 overlooking the pool on the ground floor. The accomodation was spotless, maybe ever so slightly jaded but hardly worth noting really. With 2 small children I think a ground floor was great, we had no noise from above and didn't have to worry about upsetting anyone downstairs. On problem for me with the ground floor was the the view of the pool was obscured by the garden and I'd have liked to sit and watch sometimes.
The staff round the pool area were excellent, always tidying and cleaning and were very friendly. It was a good pool and nice to relax in after a day in Disney.
A wierd thing for us English, I think, was the strange cleaning rules in the room. They empty the bins every day but if you want it cleaning or want sheets changing or new towels, you sort of have to wash your own OR pay something like 40 dollars for the room to be serviced. We were there 10 days and I washed my own stuff but I didn't mind. It depends what you expect from a holiday I suppose.
The breakfast included was very handy and we had this every day. It DID get busy if you went late and was tricky but we were there early most days. The days we were up late, we grabbed everything we needed and took if back to the room to save queuing up for the toaster!
It was simple stuff, toast, muffins, bagels, cereal and fruit but that;s all we needed.
There are no shops, supermarkets or restaurants within walking distance. Nearest ones we found were south of International Drive on the horrible 192. Downtown Disney is close but I didn't want to eat in Disney all the time.
I would certainly consider staying there again and would recommend it to friends.
Oh... and we had a late flight home and they let us keep the room until 4pm which was excellent. No extra charge :)

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family