“Fantastic Place to Stay”

WorldQuest Orlando Resort
Ranked #93 of 336 Hotels in Orlando
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Place to Stay”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

We have stayed at Worldquest 5 times now so you'll probably guess that we love it there! The accommodation is first class and the service from all of the staff on site, from the lovely ladies on reception to the maintenance and housekeeping staff, are all very helpful and extremely friendly. The pool area is amazing and very well maintained. We were in Building 3 which meant we had great views of the pool and the lake which was great as we could sit out on our balcony and watch the Aligators, Turtles and all varied Birdlife of Florida. Worldquest is also in a perfect location, not just for the parks but for shopping, restaurants, everything is just a short drive away and it also has very easy access to the I4 and it is only a 15-20 minute drive to Orlando International Airport. My only negative comment about Worldquest is the Tikki Bar - it is very expensive. We would highly recommend Worldquest to friends and family.

Room Tip: Would definitely recommend Building 3.
1 Thank Susan R
WorldQuestOrlando11, General Manager at WorldQuest Orlando Resort, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Thank you for your kind words Susan. I am glad to see that you have stayed with us 5 times! We look forward to your sixth visit!

Tim Gross

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (501)
Mobile, Alabama, United States
Reviewed June 18, 2013

We were looking for a room for one night with 2 to 3 bedrooms and at least 2 bathrooms. What a great find! We were moving over to our vacation club rental at Disney the next morning, but with five of us, didn't want to only have one bathroom. This is a huge complex. The room was really clean and spacious. The master bathroom went on for days! My husband joked that we might need a compass to navigate it! It had double sinks, toilet, huge spa tub and a nice size shower. The other bathroom was large for a hotel room with a nice size shower and a sink.Plenty of towels were included in each bathroom also. There is a nice dining area, a seating area and a full kitchen as well as the three bedrooms. Each bedroom has a television in it. The bed selection was one room with a queen size bed, one with 2 twin beds and the master bedroom with a king size bed. Parking was close and the building felt very secure with indoor corridors. If I had a complaint, the only small one would be the front desk. We arrived about 8:30 pm and the two ladies at the desk acted annoyed that we wanted to check in. They confirmed my reservation and then took out a map to direct us to the room. No welcoming greeting, thank you for staying here, etc. Of course, I didn't book the hotel for front desk politeness, it just would have been nice. There was also a continental breakfast included, but it didn't start until 7:00 on Saturday morning and we had planned to leave early to begin our week at Disney. I would definitely stay here again. It was a great room (really several rooms) for the price. i couldn't have rented to standard connecting rooms for the same price. Be aware that if you stay fewer than 3 nights, they do charge you a $39.95 cleaning fee, but even with that our cost for the one night was still less than $200 for basically three hotel rooms. We will definitely stay here again. It was less than 10 minutes to Downtown Disney so it was very convenient.

Room Tip: We stayed in building 5 and were very happy with our room.
2 Thank Pam M
Dear Pam,
Thank you for taking the time to comment regarding your recent stay with us. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and will return again.
I do wish that you had received a better reception upon your arrival, and I will follow through with your comments with my reception staff to ensure we provide customer service that we can be proud of.

Thank you again!
Plainfield, Illinois, United States
Reviewed June 18, 2013

We stayed at the WorldQuest Orlando Resort for 4 days and the beautiful scenic facilities were overshadowed by the shabby customer service. My wife's birthday surprise was ruined because the staff did not deliver her birthday cake to the room as they had promised. When I called to see what happened there was no apology or explanation for the oversight. The ala-carte room cleaning fees were also very unusual, so we ended cleaning, making our own beds and using the same towels during the entire stay. The exercise room was very small with limited machines and equipment. The pool was the highlight of the stay and the Tiki bar service was excellent. The suite was very spacious and comfortable. Overall, I would rate the resort as slightly above average.

Room Tip: Top level room was better for our family since we are early risers. The pool crowd sometimes gets n...
1 Thank Larry C
WorldQuestOrlando11, General Manager at WorldQuest Orlando Resort, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear Larry C,
Thank you for responding to Tripadvisor, and thank you for your kind thoughts on our facilities.
Most importantly, I would sincerely like to apologize to you for not coming through for you on the delivery of your birthday cake. We take care of many celebrations each week, and yours was as important as any of the others. Please accept my apology. I have discussed this with my staff to ensure we all understand the important needs of every guest.

Respectfully,
Fridley
Reviewed June 15, 2013

NO PROVIDED RIDE FROM AIRPORT TO HOTEL,VISE-VERSA!NO SHUTTLE FROM WATER PARKS,SHUTTLES END TOO EARLY! Mixup on credit card bill-corrected when caught by us...rooms had tiny grey bugs on countertops and tables throughout...broken closet door,light out in main room,older tv's and remotes that didn't work well...rooms were not as clean and sanitary as hoped or expected(questionable-dirty upholstery and carpeting).Pool closes too early. No resturaunts close by if you don't take advantage of another gouge for a rental. Usual high prices throughout.

Room Tip: Noise from upper floors and chairs. Small bedroom with two single beds was dark and no sunlight was...
2 Thank Donald S
WorldQuestOrlando11, General Manager at WorldQuest Orlando Resort, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear Mr. Smith,

Thank you for your comments on your recent visit. I apologize for your experience and would like to respond to a few of the items you mentioned:
Our complimentary scheduled shuttle service departs to Epcot 3 times each morning and returns 3 times each evening. Once at Epcot, you can transfer to any of the many Disney attractions.
Your guest room should have been in great condition when you arrived, and I apologize that this was not the case for your arrival. I have forwarded your notes to my staff.

We close the pool at 11pm, and although you mentioned you wanted it stay open later, I believe this is late enough for most guests to enjoy it, while courteous to the many surrounding guests (rooms) who want to quietly retire for the night.

I do hope you will visit us again on your next visit to Orlando.

Tim P. Gross
New York City, New York
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Great place, staff is helpful...will go again. Was there for softball tourney in May, and will be there again in Sept. Rooms are clean and spacious, it's near all attractions and shops, highly recommend this place.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank A S
Dear A S,

Thank you for staying with us and adding your comments on Tripadvisor. I am glad you enjoyed your visit at WorldQuest and look forward to your next visit!

Thanks you!
Akron, OH
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Over the past 15 years, I have traveled with my family to Disney World 12 times.

About 5 trips ago, we stumbled on World Quest because of an email I got from Air Tran offering info about the resort. At the time, we were staying at the Embassy Suites in Lake Buena Vista, but that place was a mess. I was disgusted with them, so we took a few minutes and drove over to see World Quest.

We haven't stayed anywhere else since. Let me explain why:

1) The space of the rooms versus the cost.
For only about $20 to $30 more per night than Embassy, I get THREE bedrooms and THREE bathrooms, plus a REAL kitchen with a REAL refrigerator. Not some pint-sized apartment fridge that is only slightly cooler than the room itself. The kind that will FREEZE bottles of water solid within a couple of hours. And when you travel with three women like I do, those extra bathrooms equate into much more time in the park and much less waiting on a single shared bathroom. Plus you have a dining room table, a two-stool bar in the kitchen, and an in-room washer dryer. There's even a screened-in outdoor patio. Plenty of room to get away from each other when it's 1,000 degrees in Orlando with 10,000% humidity.

2) Housekeeping is excellent. The place is clean, and if you need something, in my experience, they get it for you ASAP. Trash is emptied regularly in outdoor areas, so the "wildlife" around your kids is kept to a minimum. I literally came down the stairs on our last visit to the Embassy LBV and found a hissing possum in the trash in the outdoor areas that overlook the pool. Never have that issue at World Quest. It's clean.

3) The pool is beautiful, and sized appropriately for the resort. You know how some places you have to get there at the crack of dawn if you want a chair poolside? Not here. It's a good place to chill on your off days between parks. They have secured gates around the pool, and they keep a pretty tight rein on security here, so it's just folks from the resort who use it, not random weirdos from other places. Again, safe for your kids.

4) Like to be with people? You can here. If you want to hang at the pool, or at the breakfast, you can meet people from all over the world. Like to have peace and quiet after the madness of the new areas of Magic Kingdom? This place is awesome. I am the latter, I like to be left alone once I get out of the parks. So you can hang in your room, on your private balcony, or sit at the more remote areas around the pool and just chill.

I don't really have any complaints about the place, but there are some things I think it's important for you to know to make a good decision about whether this is the right place for you.

1) You need a car. The resort is right off Epcot Center Drive, an easy route with less traffic than around Downtown Disney, But there really isn't anything around it. Now, some people might view this as a negative. Not me. The place is quiet, calm, and peaceful at night. But don't come here thinking you'll walk to parks or restaurants. You won't.

2) Fees. Like most hotels, there is the published rate, plus taxes. Unlike most hotels, if you want new towels/washcloths every day, or if you want housekeeping to make your bed for you, there is an extra charge. You can see it all online. I typically pay the $6/day for towels/washcloths, but I can make my own bed. If this bothers you, stay away. But it doesn't bother me...after all, you can bring your own towels and so on and wash them in your room if that's what you call a vacation. BUT...I have NEVER had a surprise in my room bill. Once I book it online and select the services I want, the amount has always been correct.

3) Breakfast. Yes, there is the typical free continental breakfast, mostly juice, coffee and muffins. But the room where it is served is way too small to accommodate guests even in slow times, and people are animals. This is not the resort's fault per se, but it's like a feeding frenzy in there in the morning. People stuffing their pockets full of muffins and jams, holy cow, be prepared to see people act like rabid animals. We don't eat there. We go to Super Target (the one on Millenia Way, which is new and calm) get food and keep it in the great kitchen. I know, I am paying for that "free" breakfast, but it's too much stress for me to start my day that way. I know people will be freaking out in the parks, so I just have a peaceful breakfast in my room. All of the stuff I bought to supply us for a week only cost about $50...way less than anything you'd buy in Disney for four people. And it lets me avoid the insanity of the collective breakfast as my day is starting.

So to sum up:

With the above caveats, I think World Quest is awesome. Terrific value, good sleeping environment, clean rooms and grounds, great location near Disney Parks but far enough away to be more chill.

Room decor is starting to show it's age a bit....looking very mid-90s, but that's in the older buildings mostly. (2, 3). If you can stay in the newer buildings, rooms are a bit more up to date. But the newer buildings are a bit more of a walk to the pool and breakfast. Not far, still under 5 minutes, but more than stepping out your door into the pool.

If you have a car, and need some space, this is the place to go near Disney. And it's clean....did I mention that? Really clean. :)

Room Tip: Rooms in building 2, 3 are close to pool, but are older and can be a bit more prone to noise from pe...
8 Thank 1unhappycamper
Dear camper,

Thank you for your comments on your recent stay with us! We review all of our guest feedback with our staff, and it was a pleasure sharing your thoughts with them.
Having stayed with us a number of times it shows that you know the property and the surrounding area very well.

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts, and we look forward to your next visit!

Tim P. Gross
london
Reviewed June 13, 2013

We stayed here for 10 days and could not fault it. When we arrived the reception staff were helpful and very friendly . The condominium was very clean and spacious and the beds comfortable, plenty of towels and all you need to make life enjoyable.
Parking was right outside the building and never full even though the condo complex was very busy. The breakfast free buffet is fine if simple what else do you need in this area and you have the option to take food back to your condo if you wish or buy extra foods from the walmart no more than 5 minutes away.
There were always empty tables either inside or outside to sit at and free coffee all day long.
The pool areas were very comfortable and plenty of good quality sun beds and the Tikki bar a useful spot for a drink or snack.
The drive to theme parks is very quick and it could hardly be better located and yet it is quite peaceful in the complex.
I do not understand the recent critics from the U.K. who said they had been before but didn't know you need a car and were not used the way bills are constructed in the USA it happens everywhere that tax is added at the end this is the same as when you shop in the USA
Yes you have to pay if you want the cleaning service but this is normal in a condo complex as many people prefer not to pay for the cleaning, we found the cleaning service fine and the same standard in any normal hotel.
This resort exceeds expectations if you are realistic it is very good value for large 3 bedroom condos and for any family on a budget could hardly be bettered, yes you must have a car but that is true almost anywhere in this area unless you stay in a Disney property and only go to disney attractions.
The staff are delightful and when we had any minor problems they dealt with them quickly and correctly.
Please do not believe the adverse review from the British couple it is out of line with every other comment I heard whilst I was there.
Remember you are paying 3 star prices for a condo do not expect 5 star hotel services.
One final note try to avoid buildings 6 and 7 they are quite a walk from the reception and pool areas.

Room Tip: try to stay in buildings 1 2 or 3
1 Thank hayesone
Dear hayesone,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments, I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us.
It may be helpful to add that for those guests with future reservations, please visit the WorldQuest website and review the list of amenities and optional services and fees.

Again, thank you and we hope to see you on your next visit to Orlando!