“Stay somewhere else...”

WorldQuest Orlando Resort
Ranked #87 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed June 4, 2013

We rented a two-bedroom suite with another family last week. We arrived Thursday afternoon and planned on staying through Monday. The first part of our stay was nice. We had fun at the pool, and despite a few ants, the suite was clean and comfortable.
Then the nightmare began. On Saturday, we noticed that several young teenagers had infiltrated the pool and resort area. No big deal. They were respectful and didn't cause any trouble. I had learned that most of them were there in Orlando for a basketball tournament. My wife, two-year-old daughter, and myself went to bed late on Sunday after a long evening at Downtown Disney. We were hoping for some quiet sleep before the 8-hour trip home to Atlanta.
About 1:30 AM, I was awakened by the stomping, running, smashing, sounds of destruction from the suite two floors above. Soon to follow was the awful sound of the fire alarm!
Now, we've stayed in plenty of hotels where some rowdy kids have decided that pulling the alarm makes for a good prank. It's sounds for about 15mins, then shuts off. This was not the case here. My wife runs outside to see all the sprinklers on full-blast, flooding the breezeways and all the rooms in the suites above. Needless to say, the water made it's way through the ceiling and into our suite as well. It flooded the bathrooms, hallways, and closets. The Fire Dept. arrived in time to cut the power to the entire building, then order the evacuation of all 5 levels of the suites. I was forced to pack all of our belongings, in the dark, at 4am. My two-year-old daughter was terrified! Since we had no place to stay, all of the displaced families piled into the lobby hoping for some answers and some assistance from the World Quest staff.
Instead, we were greeted with stern indifference by a young kid working the Front Desk named Nick. Nick's only advice to us was to find someplace else to go, then call his Manager on Tuesday. They would not help us find a room, nor would they be issuing any refunds for the displaced families. We were basically asked to leave with nothing but a business card in our hand. Nick's indifference quickly grew into hostility, and he actually engaged in a "stare-down" with one of the guests who refused to simply go away. This guest simply wanted some help and some answers, but instead got Nick.
Soon after, another gentlemen arrived who was reportedly the "Building Engineer". He was much more civil, and had to physically restrain this Nick character and take him to a back room. He made some phone calls, then told all of us that they had made arrangements for us all to stay at the Gaylord Palms, just down the street. Somewhat relieved, all 6 or 7 families packed up the cars and drove to the Palms. There, we were greeted by a very friendly staff, but also informed us that World Quest had made no reservations or arrangements, and they would be happy to accept our payment of $250 for the night. It is now 5:30 AM, by the way. So...., back to World Quest we went. There, again, was Nick. This time he had a different attitude, and assured us that the arrangements were made at Gaylord Palms. We verified this over the phone before returning, so...., back to Gaylord Palms we go.
Now, this place is amazing! The staff was awesome and the place is incredible. Since we didn't get "checked in" until well after 6am, they told us to ignore the checkout time of 11am and sleep as long as we like. We slept as well as we could. My little girl was now sick after staying up all night, wet and cold. But the room was quiet and clean. Because of all this, we didn't leave Orlando until 3pm, which put us back in Atlanta very late. i was forced to take an additional day off from work just to rest and recover from this disaster.
So what caused the fire alarm to go off? As is turns out, the teenage boys staying in Suite 507, we left alone while their parents went to the clubhouse / pool for some wine and pizza. The boys decided to completely trash the place, throwing food, plates, garbage, drinks, etc. off the balcony and into the parking lot below. Apparently, their attention soon turned to the vacuum cleaner stashed in the closet. Somehow they managed to "blow up" the vacuum, which tripped the fire alarm and all of the sprinklers. I only know this because I over heard the argument between the Father that was drinking at the pool, and the son that led the destruction of the suite. This was also verified by the Fire Fighter that held a flashlight for me so I could pack my family's belongings at 4am.
Now, I understand that kids will be kids. There was no way that World Quest could have predicted, or prevented this situation. What they could have done, however, was remember that they are in the customer service and hospitality industry. When you have 6 families standing in your lobby, wet, exhausted, and confused, you owe them a little more than a business card, and the indignation of an individual like Nick. This was our first trip to Disney as a family. I can only hope that our daughter has memories of Cinderella's Castle, and not standing in the parking lot of World Quest, terrified, wet, and cold. Surrounded by fire truck's, police cars, careless teenage boys and the garbage that they threw from the balcony.
We will return to Disney soon. I owe her a better trip than that. And I can assure you that we will NOT stay here.

16  Thank ToddM765
Write a ReviewReviews (2,125)

Reviewed June 3, 2013

This hotel is perfect for the family at a very good price. Been here a couple of times, recommended to anyone.It is very spacious with everything you need. The place is clean, very friendly customer service, I have come in a big group and we had a great time, couldn't ask for more.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jose R
WorldQuestOrlando11, General Manager at WorldQuest Orlando Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2013

Dear Jose R,

It's great to hear from repeat guests such as yourself. I am glad you enjoyed your stay again, and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip back to Orlando.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

We love staying at this resort, and we look forward to returning every year. The pool is great, and it's the biggest pool I've ever seen. The resort is clean and the staff is friendly and helpful. I was never up early enough to try the continental breakfast, but I loved stocking up our full kitchen with snacks drinks from the nearby walmart and target. It's in a great location very close to disneyworld, shopping, and easy access to the freeway and toll road. Everytime we go we stay in the 3bedroom 3 bathroom suite, and we never regret it.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Suea5790

Dear Suea5790,

Thank you for returning to stay with us every year! Our location is indeed very good, as we are minutes from Disney, and yet in a quiet natural area.

We look forward to your return trip.

Tim

Reviewed June 2, 2013

I travel to Orlando twice a year and I've stayed in other resorts but the WorldQuest is by far the best I've ever experience. The service is exceptional, the rooms are clean an spacious, the staff is courteous and friendly. . I would recommend the WorldQuest Resort to anyone that wants to stay at a 5 star resort. The 3 bedroom and 2 bedroom suites are very affordable than any other resort I’ve stay at. I look forward to my visits at this resort because I know the service and my stay will be like no other, trust me…

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Pascual,

I appreciate your input, and thank you for the kind words!
I will pass your comments on to the staff, as they are such an important part of your experience at WorldQuest.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

Wonderful resort, clean, friendly and helpful staff. Grounds and pool area was lovely. Security at front entrance was nice. Kitchen was complete with silverware, plates, toaster, coffee maker, refrigerator, etc. Rooms spacious and comfortable. It was perfect to be close to attractions, yet, away from the park hotel craziness. I would return to Worldquest in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: All are probably good, plenty of room, not cookie cutter like other hotels
2  Thank sarimi

Dear sarimi,

Thank you for providing your feedback from your recent stay with your family.
I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and pleased that you would return on your next visit to Orlando.

Thank you !!

Reviewed June 1, 2013

This place was wonderful. We had a 3bdrm 2 ba suite. Full kitchen, screened patio. The ladies at check in were very nice. The rooms were clean and stocked with everything that we needed for our stay. There was a walmart close by for us to do some shopping. Perfect for families and children. Especially if you plan on going to disney or theme parks. Room was near pool, not noisy at all. Tiki bar had food and drinks. We all enjoyed ourselves. Big pool. Extra fees for housekeeping. No problem, we didnt need service.

1  Thank Taki C

Dear Taki,

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay at WorldQuest. I will pass your comments on to our staff!

Reviewed May 30, 2013

This is a very nice property with great accommodations. At check-in, they did not show our reservation, but I had a confirmation email showing where they acknowledged our reservation. However, this confirmation was not the correct type they usually send out. After travelling 5-1/2 hours, this is not what you want to hear. I commend the staff for resolving the problem (even though they said they were booked)! We got a very nice corner condo with plenty of space and very nicely appointed. We had a problem with ants in the kitchen, but the staff had it resolved within an hour of the request. I would definitely stay there again.

1  Thank Melinda O

Dear maconatrip,

Thank you for your comments! My apologies that we did not have your reservation in order at check-in, but I am pleased we were able to resolve it and take care of you and your family..

We look forward to your next visit!