“Not as it used to be”

Ranked #91 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
Aventura, Florida
“Not as it used to be”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

We stayed at the hotel on Oct 26-28 2012. We made reservations 5 weeks ahead (sept 20th) for 6 adults. We got a room smaller than all previous rooms we got there (in many previous visits) and only with 2 baths. I asked to get a 3 baths room but the menager explained that they're all occupied for the weekend. I didn't know the had 2 baths rooms-we always got 3. Since it wasn't specified on the reservation-I said thank you-unhappy and remarked that common sense would be to reserve 3 bath room for 6 adults reservation.We checked in 3:30PM which is pretty early.
In the night on my way to the bath I hit a piece of metal that was sticking out of the bed and cut my leg. I went to sleep with a bleeding leg . In the morning-it took us forever to brush and wash.This is the first time I didn't have good time in that hotel but it's also the first time I got injured in a hotel room.I uploaded a photo of the broken bed. Enjoy!

2 Thank Nissan C
WorldQuestOrlando11, General Manager at WorldQuest Orlando Resort, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear Nissan C,

Thank you for your comments. I would first like to apologize for your experience with us. We corrected the bed issue as soon as we were made aware of it, and I apologize that it was not in-order prior to your arrival. Regarding your request for a 3 bathroom suite, I can provide the following update: To date we have only published both the 2 bed/2 bath and the 3 bed/2bath room types. With the limited inventory of 3/3's we allowed for it to be a "pleasant surprise" upon arrival rather than a guarantee. Due to feedback such as yours, we are adding the 3/3 room type very soon, so if it is available you will be able to guarantee it at the time of booking.

Thank you for your comments and I hope you will visit us again.

Respectfully,

Tim Gross

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (504)
Madison, WI
Reviewed November 10, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed in a 2 bedroom unit from October 29th until November 5th. We got a special through travel ticker for 89 dollars a night and no resort fees.

Pros:
1. The rooms were good sized and there was a hot tub in the master bathroom. Full kitchen and dining area with kitchen supplies.
2. Nice pool area. The pool and hot tub were big and there was plenty of room here. They had a pool house which had restrooms and they had plenty of pool towels and some pool toys.
3. There was a security gate with a guard on duty and that made you feel safer even though on two nights we had "those shady" pizza flyers put under our door. How do they get in there with security at the gate?
4. Maintenance and breakfast workers at the resort were very friendly.
5. Great location and very close to Disney theme parks. Closer than you would be staying at some of the Disney resorts.

Cons:
1. Poor lighting in the bathrooms.
2. We stayed in a 5th story room (which is on the top floor) and they have vents on the roof with flaps that bang a lot if there is any wind outside. This kept me up the first night we were there and most nights we had to close the bathroom door in order to get any sleep or we would hear that noise through the ceiling vent all night long. Very frustrating. The room also had some wear and tear that should be fixed. The carpeting in the bedroom was very worn. The sound proofing in the room wasn't very good either and you could hear people in other rooms and outside the room. The exterior of the rooms weren't all that clean and kept up well.
3. We got locked out of our room twice and the second time the maintenance man said it was the battery in the lock and he got it fixed, but it was frustrating to have to go to the main building on three occasions to get our key cards re-programmed when that wasn't the issue.
4. We originally got to the resort about 1:30 and tried to check in. The lady working at the window didn't greet us. She was counting money and after a couple of minutes my boyfriend asked her if we needed to go to the other window. She said no, but still didn't ask how she could help us. So then we asked her if we could check in. Our room wasn't ready yet so we left and came back about 4;30. We checked in with someone else who was much friendlier and waited on us right away.
5. The breakfast area is really small and I couldn't believe how rude some of the international guests were. People say Americans are rude, but I was shocked at how poorly adults behave at a free breakfast. One lady took at least 10 pastries on two plates and didn't care how long it took her to do so while a long line of people were waiting behind her. There is very little seating in the breakfast, but if the weather is nice you can sit in the pool area. It isn't the resort's fault that their guests are rude, but I have never been at a hotel breakfast where there were so many rude and greedy people.

All in all we had a pretty good stay, but unless I got a really good rate on a room here I probably would not stay here again. I have been to Orlando more than 25 times in the last 15 years and this resort was fine, but I wouldn't give it as high of a rating as Tripadvisor does.

Room Tip: Don't get a room on the top floor unless you are a sound sleeper.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank vickier
Covington, Louisiana
Reviewed November 9, 2012

If you want huge suites, you'll be pleased. For some reason, my company booking set me up with a 2-bedroom suite, which was way more than I needed. Maybe the smallest is two-bedroom. As for pluses: the place was quiet (Bldg. 3 when I was there), the bed was good, the ceramic tile is nice, and there is a nice balcony. As for the minuses: shoddy construction (not the fault of management), badly chipped baseboard, weird bathroom lighting (dark spots), no tissues, open air hallways (not a secure feeling), cheap door with no security chain, shower door in need of repair, terrible water pressure. Some of the staff was terrific (grounds people, Shadey :) ), and some were just "blah". They also have this weird cleaning policy others have mentioned where you have to pay extra to have your room made up, etc. While I have felt for many years that fresh towels and sheets nightly is wasteful and unnecessary, I guess they should mention "cleaning fees extra" in their bookings. The other thing that really irritated me was that the little store was out of toothbrushes. The second I've ever forgotten a toothbrush had to be there, where I would have had to take a cab for $10 to go get a toothbrush (as they are isolated on some serious acreage) and be late for my meetings. You'd think they would keep a better eye on essentials. Luckily, I ended up finding one at the Marriott where my conference was. They had plenty of Doritos, etc., though. Lastly, there is a security gate with attendant, which made me feel good at first, but then I saw that it's just wide open and unattended sometimes. I might stay here again, but I just wanted to point out a few things that could stand improvement.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
5 Thank jrmcc999
Lithonia, Georgia, United States
Reviewed November 9, 2012

My family and I stayed at WorldQuest and it exceeded our already high expectations. We had a 2 bedroom villa and it was perfect! Everything was clean and it was very spacious. There was enough room so that everyone had there own space. We had an excellent view of the lake from our bedroom and the patio. Also, for an extra treat, we could see the fireworks from Disney at night . The breakfast was just perfect for what we needed. The bread, bagels, and danishes were always fresh and plentiful. The pool,I think, was saltwater which was also a plus. We had absolutely NO complaints! Cant wait to visit again next year!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Tanika B
Rex, Georgia, United States
Reviewed November 9, 2012

From the time we first pilled up and I seen the road way was clean enough to walk on with my socks.. That set the standard for the rest of our stay.. Rooms where big and well furnished.. The only down size I seen was the two twin mattresses where very soft but queen was firm and comfortable..

Room Tip: Room rate and weather was great just before the Thanksgiving Season..
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I booked this hotel in March for our October 2012 trip. However, after doing a lot of research on WDW, I was afraid that we would be missing out on the magic by not staying on Disney owned property. So many people had remarked how they like staying in the " Disney bubble" or that they felt like they really weren't on vacation unless they were staying onsite. Once Disney offered free dining, I was even more tempted to cancel our reservations at Worldquest and stay on Disney property. Let me just say, I am glad I stuck with Worldquest.

We got a three bedroom, three bath villa and split the cost among three families. After taxes and fees, each family paid $50 a night. Sorry Disney, but even with Free Dining, you can't beat that. Everyone in our party remarked how nice the villa and the whole resort was and complimented my research skills for finding and booking Worldquest. We were in building four, and although it wasn't really close to the pool, it wasn't that far either. The nature preserve was right off of our patio and the kids had fun exploring ( but not getting too close to) the lagoon in the back. It also made for some beautiful mornings. There was nothing like waking up, going out on the patio with a warm cup of coffee and just watching all of the peaceful scenery. Now the place wasn't perfect, but Worldquest had so many positives and very few negatives.

Pros
1. Location- It felt secluded and not in the hustle and bustle of it all. However, it truly wasn't far from Disneyworld at all. We simply crossed over International Dr South, passed the hideous looking Nickelodeon Hotel, and then went left on Hwy 536. I swear within 2 minutes, we were driving under the " Welcome to Walt Disney World Resort" sign. I couldn't believe it. From there we simply followed the signage to whatever park we chose for that day.

2. Full Kitchen- Can I just say how wonderful it was to have a full kitchen. It saved us so much money. Now, we didn't eat dinner in the hotel room every night, but having that kitchen really helped to cut down on costs. Every night, we prepared our lunches, our snacks and drinks to bring into the park the next day. We also made our own breakfasts and that cut down on costs as well. My own family did a split stay and stayed at another hotel for part of our vacation, and I really missed having a kitchen to cook and prepare food in. As you can imagine, our food costs went up a lot when we didn't have a kitchen. It was so much more convenient having the kitchen there, even to make a simple pizza or turkey sandwich after spending long, tiring days at the Disney Parks. Next time we come back to Orlando, I wouldn't go with a place that doesn't have a kitchen. Not worth it.

3. Laundry- This was also a nice feature. We had a lot of laundry to clean and having laundry facilities within our villa made it so much easier. I didn't have to lug our dirty clothes to a laundrymat and I could just relax until I was ready to switch out a load.

4 Villa- The room was nice and clean and the beds were really comfortable ( or maybe we were just really tired). Each bedroom was a very good size and I cherished the times I could just go into my bedroom, shut the door and decompress after a long, tiring day.

5. Staff- Always very friendly, helpful and professional.

Cons.

1. When we first arrived, the folding door to the a/c unit was very rusty. In addition, we couldn't close the door to our refridgerator without removing some of the cooling drawers. However, by the time we returned from Magic Kingdom on the next day, everything was fixed, new foldinf door and the cooling drawers fit. We never even said anything to the resort about it. I guess a previous guest did.

2. We paid extra for new towels every day. We did receive the towels, but some days they were hard to find. One day the new towels were on the towel racks, another day they were on the breakfast bar and another day all the towels were by the jacuzzi tub in our bathroom. Again, this wasn't a big deal, just a little annoyance when you go several hours thinking you didn't get new towels for the day. A little more consistancy would have been nice.

Overall, we were very happy with our choice and would most likely choose Worldquest again in the future. Their service and facilities satisfied us enough that we feel we don't have to try another hotel for a future visit. First trip and we already found our "Orlando Home." Although it wasn't on Disney property, we never felt like we missed out on the "magic." In fact, it was nice to get away from all the excitement , the crowds and hustle and bustle of the Walt Disney World Resort and just relax.

2 Thank stefani s
Niceville, Florida
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed here during a family visit in Oct 2012. 3 adults and 3 kids. The three bedroom unit was more than enough room for all of us. This place is very, very close to the east entrance to Disney world. Its location is kind of out by itself so there aren't many close by restaurants.

Cleanliness was exceptional upon check in and this place offers above-average furnishings. Room service is an extra charge, I think full service was $19 a day, I opted for towel service only ($6) and took the trash out myself. Make sure you make a visit to the nearby Super Wal mart for things like paper plates and paper towels. You may want to bring a nice pillow or two, the ones we had were flat.

We live 5 hours away by car and visit Orlando twice a year. Like every other place we've stayed at, this place quotes you a nightly rate ($145 for us for the three bedroom) but when you check out all of the added fees and taxes bring the bill up 25-35% higher, in our case $195. I'm used to it, everybody does it, but I'm tired of it and I will switch to a house rented by its owner for our next visit. It's still way cheaper than staying at a Disney hotel, but that's another discussion...

Compared to other places, WorldQuest offers outstanding value and and large, luxurious accomodations. Location, the large pool, and friendliness of staff are also excellent. I give it low marks for service (since it doesn't provide them unless you pay for them, the service that we did pay for was excellent) and for not having a decent restaurant or room service, which we usually indulge in once a visit.

I would stay at World Quest again and I highly recommend it for larger families or families looking for extra space beyond a one bedroom hotel room. This place is also outstanding for families with small kids that need to take a nap during visits to the disney parks (very close!) or kids that need to sleep by themselves.

Room Tip: Rooms in building 7 had a great view of a lake with alligators in it. Kids loved it.