“Credit card #'s stolen”

WorldQuest Orlando Resort
Ranked #93 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed February 25, 2008

Stayed here and got our credit card information stolen by housekeeping. They do not take the cards anymore they scan your numbers and leave the cards so you don't know that they have gotten them.. Then after you leave they start to use the fake cards with your credit card numbers. Also housekeeping comes in your room with you in it that is when they do it your guard is down they come right in your room and you walk out
and they are standing there. Also after day at Disney came back and found room door left open. Filed Police report and got no help also called property management group told them what happened and would never return calls. They make cards go to Home Depots, Lowes, and Best Buys and go through the self check out and buy loads of gift cards. If you look you will see that this is not the only bad review like this for this resort, they have a credit card theft issue at this resort.. DO NOT STAY HERE....They charged all together $15,000 on us....

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
4  Thank massoth99
There are newer reviews for WorldQuest Orlando Resort

Reviewed February 23, 2008

For my sons birthday, we rented a 3 bd/3 ba condo suite with a soothing view of the pool. Our other guests backed out last minute, so we were quite lonely in this very large space. It was clean, quiet, and comfortable. What more can you ask for, right? Well, they provide you with a continental breakfast, friendly staff, and daily housekeeping, too! The location is perfect for The Magic Kingdom and yes, the best landmark is the Nick hotel. Our navi system doesn't show this new development, yet.
Let's see, I was very comfortable walking on the floors in barefeet. The washer and dryer were put to good use, but bring extra soap for more than 2 loads. They washed my dishes and were very prompt for additional requests.
It looks like they have high-speed internet, although, we never had a chance to find out. Cable programming was OK, but please don't go there just to watch T.V.
The pool is gorgeous for a standard resort-style pool and it offers towels and a tiki bar. I didn't realize about the towels until after I bought some at a Walgreens. Ooops.
Everything worked as it should, in fact, I had NO complaints!! It was terrific!
We were so tired after our arrival that we just picked up some frozen pizzas and snacks in their small grocery. I only wished there was someone manning a register there because you have to bring your items back to the concierge to ring them up.
One more thing, the staff was so helpful, they just about held my hand in buying Disney tickets. I simply adore them, now, and hope to go back every 6 or 9 months.
Now, where can I complain about the lines at Disney? haha
Seriously, go to WorldQuest. It was so peaceful amongst the chaos that is Orlando.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with family
5  Thank beautifulwonderful
Reviewed February 22, 2008

The good things first: The apartments are OK, cleaning OK and the pool and pool area is wonderful. But - the place is in the middle of nowhere and there is abolutely nothing to do. Even the taxis could not find it. We (couple in their late fifties) did not have a car, did not want to, so we felt completely trapped. The "breakfast" was awful sweet, corn flakes, white bread with jam, orange juice and sweet cakes, things we never eat. The hotel shop did not have anything that could pass for bread or fiber cereals so we could make our own breakfast.

People at the reception desk were nice, except for the day we left. We had to check out at 11 a.m., our flight to Europe was scheduled for 10 p.m. and I had the flue with fever so we asked if we could keep the room a little longer that day. They said they were fully booked and we had to pay for cleaning "overtime" if we kept the room longer. To us it looked like they had a lot of free apartments, but I cannot know for sure.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Alice23Norway
Reviewed February 18, 2008

This place was great. We have 4 children and were concerned about staying outside the park. We planned our trip spur of the moment and this is what I was able to get. I was very happy. A bit of advice: It IS hard to find, so look for the Nikolodean hotel. The shuttle service isn't worth it and not convenient at all. I suggest renting a car. (and if they let you pick one out, pick out a strange color to make it easier to find in the parking lot) Also --- My husband and I are world travelers and we never have trouble finding our way around foreign cities. We had so much trouble finding our way back to the condo every night. I wish that we had ordered a navigation system with our car, or taken one with us. The problem is that Disney tries to hard to make finding your way around. They mark destinations, but often do not mark streets on their property. This was very confusiong because the condo isn't far away from the parks. We ended up going way out of our way most of the time. The best evening that we had was when we left the park and had dinner on the Boardwalk at the Flying Fish after watching some magic shows outside with the kids. If you are buying your park-hopper tickets in advance, consider AAA. You can get discounts and preferred parking.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled on business
4  Thank packyourbagsletsgo
Reviewed February 11, 2008

After reading all of the mixed reviews on this property I was a little nervous but we were completely thrilled with our visit. We had a 2BR unit which was very spacious. The pool is great and the location to Disney can't be beat - unless you want to pay to stay on property!

The signage is an issue although I think it's more an issue with the directions on their web-site. They need to note more specific reference points as the turnoff comes up quickly and once you've passed it you are in DisneyWorld!

The breakfast I thought was a nice addition - I certainly wouldn't expect a full continental - I was happy to have the bagels, juices and diet cokes at my disposal!

Our housekeeping staff were very friendly and accommodating - having to come back each day to accommodate children's naps. It is not a full cleaning service though - they basically replace towels and make beds etc.

For the price and location I would easily stay here again - especially if you have children!

Stayed: February 2008
4  Thank chicagola
Reviewed February 10, 2008

Our famly of five stayed at WorldQuest in early November of 2007 for one week. We booked through our Entertainment Book and couldn't believe the deal. It was far cheaper than any suite hotel and the space we got just couldn't be beat.

We stayed in a three-bedroom, three-bath condo not directly overlooking the pool but almost. Other than a few nit-picky things that aren't worth mentioning, it was a wonderful stay. Very quiet at night, clean grounds, clean units, etc.

Our last evening there were a couple of groups of quite rowdy college-aged kids there for some marching band festival or football game, and they were pretty out of control, frankly, but I attributed the situation to the fact that this property isn't very near to completion yet and seems to be experiencing typical growing pains. Although we didn't call and complain, I was surprised that nothing was done to address their behavior.

But that was a very isolated event, and the rest of the stay was just wonderful. The free breakfast was good and saved us at least $40 a day, plus a lot of time. The pool is HUGE and clean and seemed to be freshwater and not chlorinated heavily. But VERY clean. Our unit was great, lots of hot water (we needed it with three girls), wonderfully equipped kitchen, always enough paper products. Check-in/check-out was effortless and quick, and the gatehouse guys were so sweet.

The property is incredibly close to all the parks. One chilly day, we had time to leave MGM early evening, get back and fix pasta to go, change into warmer clothes, not really hurry and got back to MGM in time for the Fantasmic show that evening.

I have read other reviews on this property that seem parallel to mine, only a couple bad ones. As a family of five, it's very difficult to find a good place to stay with enough space for us all to relax and not be tripping over each other, without paying a small fortune. We got far more than what we paid for at WorldQuest and will definitely be back if we return to Orlando.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled with family
3  Thank reportingmom
Reviewed January 23, 2008

I wish I could find something positive to say about my recent experience at Worldquest Resort. After arriving in the early evening, it was nearly impossible to find the "skimpy" sign directing us off of International Drive to the Resort. Upon arriving, the gates to enter were down and the guard gate apparently unoccupied. I pressed the call button....no answer. No guard and no answer, so I called the hotel and asked how can I get through the gate? About that time an older gentleman sheepishly poked his head out of the guard shack and proceeded to take down my information.

Once in the lobby, I approached the desk and proceeded to check into our rooms (I was traveling with 3 other associates). The associate was by herself and began to check us in. The phone rang and she excused herself and took the call. Several minutes later she returned to complete our check-in.....that is until the phone rang again. Finally we had our two rooms and we headed to drop our luggage.

My 2-bedroom suite was ok, however the 2 ladies we were traveling with were checked into a dirty room...dirty towels, dirty linens, etc. Of note is the 2 bedroom suite has one King bed and 2 twins...twin beds in a Resort? I called the Front Desk and explained what happened and was placed on hold.....for 10 minutes...until I eventually hung up and walked back down to the desk. Evidently if you call from your room you get put on hold, if you call from the outside you get serviced.

I went back down to the desk and requested a new room and suggested it would be nice to have a 3-bedroom suite for the ladies since they were checked into a dirty room. This request was met with "I can't do that without creating a whole new reservation". I then asked to simply have a clean 2-bedroom suite and one was located.....in another building. I asked who the manager was the next morning and was told the desk associate would leave a note about the problem we experienced. The manager did call me back.....the next day at 2:53 PM. She offered to move us into another 2-bedroom suite....an odd gesture given the fact were already in a 2-bedroom suite.

The next few days were met with no housekeeping service on one day, service on one day in which the towels were not replenished and no in-room coffee being replaced. Given the fact this resort charges a "Resort" fee, is it not too much to ask for a new coffee packet each day? The coffee pot sat half full for 3 days.

Continental breakfast consisted of some pastries, bagels, Diet Pepsi and some other sodas. If you are expecting fruit, granola, juice of any kind, or anything resembling a Continental breakfast, you will be sorely disappointed.

Check out came and our "Quest" for good service had come to an end......the journey will continue, but not at this Worldquest Resort.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled on business