Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village
Arizona
“Loved!”
Reviewed January 29, 2011

I am in love with Kidani Village. It's the smaller property of the two lodges that make up Animal Kingdom Lodge. There are about 400+ rooms in Kidani Village, a mixture of studios and 1 and 2 bedroom villas. We stayed in a studio which had a large bed and sleeper sofa, kitchenette, and large bathroom, balcony with view of the animals on the savannah (giraffes, zebra, etc.).

My only complaint would be that we were placed at the far end of the hotel. It was literally a 6 minute walk from the lobby elevator to our room. However, we discovered a shortcut by avoiding the lobby altogether and walking by the pool and taking the last parking garage elevator up to our floor. Normally I wouldn't mind a bit of a walk to my room, but after a long day at the Disney parks or when you realize you forgot something in your hotel room, it makes a difference.

However, again - the ambience of the hotel (smaller than many other Disney properties), decor, amenities, etc. really made up for it. The pool area is fabulous. There's a large splash/toddler zone, a larger slide and a smaller one, and a pool bar. The community room for the hotel has pool, foosball, video games, coloring and markers, etc. all day long with scheduled activities as well. If you want to pay a few dollars, they have even more crafts. Most nights there is a drum circle in the library area (again, great for kids). And at night they have the firepit going that overlooks the savannah.

In the gift shop, there is a soda station if you have the free refillable cup. There is a good restaurant, Sanaa, that is a mix of Indian & African.

You can walk or catch a shuttle over to Jambo House (the larger hotel that also is part of Animal Kingdom Lodge).

We really loved Kidani. Dare I say - it "made" our trip.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank SunnyInCleveland

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (527)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed January 29, 2011

Hi,
This was an anniversary trip- my spouse and I are in our late 50's and we loved everything. We were prepared not to have the towels changed based on previous reviews, but we had housekeeping service every day- I think because we were not paying with "points" or something like that. Studio Room was spacious and comfortable for two;. would have been a bit tight for three. Kitchenette had everything we needed for breakfast in the AM- including a toaster (but not toaster oven, which we didn't need). Saw lots of animals from the balcony. Parked right by the elevator and room was not far. Checked out the pool- the fitness center is next door so you could always change there. Would go back tomorrow. Also ate at Boma and Jiko- both delicious.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank uuperiwinkle
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed January 27, 2011

I recently made a trip to the Kidani Village villas to celebrate my 50th birthday. Everything about the resort was fantastic. Extremely friendly staff, beautiful hotel, and a fabulous room. Had an exceptional meal that night at Jiko at Jambo House. Everything was going along perfectly until I awoke at 2:30 in the morning to bites, and when I got up and turned on the lights, discovered many bedbugs in my sheets and on the pillows. I immediately called the front desk, and within minutes a wonderful manager (Vicky) was at our door with a bellman to move our things to another room. Once in the next room, an exterminator appeared and they stripped off the sheets in the new room, and he did a thorough inspection of the mattress, bedposts, and room walls to make sure there were no bugs in the new room (there were none). Minutes later, another person showed up with all new sheets and remade the bed. Vicky stayed with us until she was sure everything was good, and she made arrangements for us to have a complimentary buffet breakfast the next morning (which was delicious), and while we were at breakfast, came to our room and took all of our clothes and luggage for heat treatment in case any of the bugs got into them. She then told us to go to the gift shop and purchase any clothes and carry on luggage we needed to get back home, all at no cost to us. When I arrived home later that night in Atlanta, I got a call from the hotel to tell me our clothes and luggage were already back from treatment, and would be overnighted to us the next day.
My main reason for writing this review is to let people know that bedbugs can be found anywhere, and are an unfortunate reality these days in even the best hotels. The way Kidani Village handled the problem was fantastic, and that is why I would stay there again. (I'd strip off the sheets and check the mattress first next time.) The staff was incredibly helpful and kind especially with such an unpleasant encounter with these bugs. Thanks again to Vicky and the wonderful staff for handling this in such a wonderfully kind manner!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
9 Thank Stooty
Topsfield, Massachusetts
Reviewed January 26, 2011

I liked our room but like others have said you could hear everyone in the halls loud and clear, very noisy at times. You could also hear guests in the adjoining rooms. I have to be honest I don't like staying there as much as Jambo House, waiting with two kids for a bus to get breakfast at times took over a half hour, the walk was too much for our children, both having a disability. I don't understand why Disney can't put a small counter service with coffee for guests inside the front lobby. They could make one similar to the one at Beach Club, it wouldn't have to be big, but just enough for guests to get milk, cereal, coffee etc. I find having to take a bus back and fourth to your room just to get a beverage or a snack is uncalled for at a Deluxe Resort!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank tinkerbell523
Manchester, New Hampshire
Reviewed January 26, 2011

We stayed in a 2BR Suite at the end of the wing, Savanah View. While a good walk from the lobby, it was also very quiet, as there were no running little feet outside our door. The place was spotless, and housekeeping was responsive. There was convenient free parking in the basement parking garage below our suite. The parking garage was spotless, too. There is a fun animal checklist provided for the kids to track the animals they've seen from the balcony-- we saw 90% of the list.. The pool was not huge, but perfectly adequate, and very well monitored by three lifeguards. I do recommend the Savannah view specifically. If this hadn't been available I probably would not have stayed at this hotel

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank Stork03104
Flint, Michigan
Reviewed January 25, 2011

This place is beautiful! Then on top of that being able to watch zebra and giraffe from your room is an amazing experience. We had a feeding station for giraffe right outside our room. By the end of our trip we were beginning to learn the animals personalities and quirks. The restaurant Sanaa has great food. I recommend the Chai cream for dessert. Get there right when it opens and ask for a table by the windows that look out on the savanna. Don't forget to look around inside the restaurant too!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed January 17, 2011

I was originally skeptical about the novelty of this resort showing animal views from your room. The variety and frequency of the animals you actually see is truely amazing. The resort offers the typical Disney level of serivce. We stayed in the 2 bedroom villa. The unit had 3 full baths, including a hug steam shower and whirlpool tub in the master. Both bedrooms and the main living room had sliding doors to a large shared balcony over looking the savannah.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family