“WONDERFUL WAY TO CELEBRATE AN ANNIVERSARY” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village

Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village
Union County, North Carolina
“WONDERFUL WAY TO CELEBRATE AN ANNIVERSARY”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2010

We booked this vacation at the very last minute- booked it on a Sunday and checked in on a Monday (from Monroe, NC). When we got to the Animal Kingdom Lodge (the original booking) we found the rooms smaller than we remembered and Anne (the manager) was very helpful in moving our reservation to the Animal Kingdom Villas- Kadani in a one bedroom villa (Savannah view). This really made our vacation and we were celebrating a special anniversary!! I don't mean to counter some other reviews but I will tell you we have seen numerous animals out our window daily- it has been absolutely awesome. It is a close walk to the lodge. Since we booked at the last minute we didn't get the dining plan (which I really recommend- good value). However, we have done well and left the resort to a near by area where there are several chain restaurants. Disney is a really special place to be.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank kathyboa2

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (515)
Charlotte, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2010

When we decided to visit Disney World - Kidani Village caught our eye because of the animals that you were suppose to be able to see from your room. FYI - most of the animals were located by the lobby as we entered the resort everyday. I spent a lot of money and felt very disappointed because we saw very few animals from our room. Also, very little consideration was given to the fact that we were traveling with small children. Every day when we returned to the resort from the Parks, we felt like we had to walk another couple of miles to get to our room. If you decide to visit Disney stay at a nice hotel that's "not" on their property and rent a car if you don't live in Fla. WE WERE VERY DISAPPOINTED !!!!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Schertz, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2010

This past July we had our first stay at Kidani Village, I was not sure what to expect other than Disney quality.

We were booked in a studio villa and upon check in was told our room had been assigned, but not ready yet.
So we went over to Jambo house and grabbed a bite at the Mara.
Upon returning, our room was ready.

The resort is very beautifully themed, not as much of a WOW as Jambo house, but still beautiful. The lobby is much more intimate than that of Jambo house.

We were two rooms away from being at the very end of the resort, it was actually quicker to walk to Jambo house than to our own pool. So that was a downside.
We all felt like the hallways were just too long, they seemed to go on forever.

Our studio was clean and we thought the bathroom was quite roomy. Liked the seperate water closet set up.
The entry way was big and we actually used the space where the connecting door was to store our luggage.
Liked the decor very much.
We had a fantastic Savannah view and our balcony was roomy enough that all four of us could be out at once! Loved the balcony, we were out there every morning and then again throughout the day as we would come back to rest and refresh after some park time.
We enjoyed the public spaces of this resort as well. Our kids spent time in the library hanging out with other teens they met. Our youngest also enjoyed the community hall and some of the offered activities.

The pool area is nice, but we thought it was kind of small for the size of the resort. My daughter did enjoy the slide and the water splash play area. Even my husband enjoyed the play area.
Pool bar was nice with some good drinks, but we thought they closed kind of early.

Husband and I did enjoy the lounge one evening, drinks and a dessert sampler which was quite nice.
The entire family enjoyed the restaurant Sanaa one evening, and would highly recommend dining there. Service was outstanding as was the food and ambiance. We plan to return in the future.

Overall enjoyed the stay greatly. If you do visit, make sure to speak with some of the cultural representatives. We had a nice chat one afternoon with a young man from Namibia out near the fire pit.

Loved the underground parking.

Bus service was okay, no complaints. We have a car, so drive most places.

The cons for this resort are:
Long hallways. It took us at least ten minutes at a quick pace to reach the lobby.
Not enough laundry rooms. Only one that we found and it was often packed.
Pool too small for the resort size.
Small gift shop, not a lot of unique selections. Closes early, so you are out of luck if looking for a drink refill.
No jogging trail. Too dangerous to run on the busy roadway.
Path to bus stop cuts through the smoking area.....nasty!
Lots of nosee ums at the pool.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank travelingincircles
Amman, Jordan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2010

I seemed to have only negative experiences with my higher end choices in Orlando this time. Thank god they were "only" cleanliness. I think someone forgot to clean the bathroom. the drawers had hairs and some small stuff in them...yuck!
I did not, however, let this spoil my Disney vacation. Had an amazing dinner at Jiko's @ Jambo house and the whole atmosphere was gorgeous at the AKL. Cool theming and activities, nice pools with a slide! The whole Disney resort area was an excellent experience as it was my first time onsite. Did visit the Poly for Breakfast...yummy, the Grand Floridian Spa for a massage and Citricos for dinner(the very, very best) and the Saratoga Spa as well.
Next time I surely will stay onsite again, maybe even give Kidani another chance...

Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
Bellmore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2010

I am a member of the DVC and this my my first stay at Kidani Village. The Savanna view was nice, but there weren't many animals out at once. My main complaint about the hotel was the lack of food choices. There was no quick service dining in the hotel, only one table service restaurant. There was a pool bar, but my child is not going to eat an uncrustable or a turkey sandwich and believe me, the adult choices weren't very appealing. I found myself staying at the parks late because I knew if I came back to the hotel, there would be nothing to eat unless I wanted to eat in that same restaurant again. Also, the cabinets in the room were very sticky-I have no idea with what and I don't want to know. Even the drawers were sticky.

On the other hand, the staff at the hotel was exceptional. My son was crying because he lost a pin and one of the staff members replaced it for him. It wiped his tears away. We were greeted almost every time we came into the hotel and the hotel was beautiful. Even though there was that sticky substance on the cabinets and drawers, the beds were amazing. After a long day in the park, it was nice to sink into such a comfortable bed.

Overall, the hotel is too far from the parks and they need to do something about the food. I won't stay there gain.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Vacationeer2009
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2010

This place is amazing. Over looking animals from your room is fantastic. The room I had which was a one bedroom apartment was amazing. Couldn't have asked for anything better. It was So clean as the cleaners came everyday and the room was very spacious and modern. The pool area was ideal for everyone. The only issue i had was getting the theme parks that wasn't Disney. I know it is a Disney hotel and part of a chain, but I also wanted to see other theme parks like universal and sea world. When I asked how to get there at reception the service wasnt very friendly and they pretty much just said get a taxi, which was very expensive. We later found out you can get a links bus for $2 there and back. Apart from that the staff couldn't have been anymore helpful and so nice and friendly. I would definitely go back without a second thought.

• Stayed September 2010
1 Thank SheffieldLassAmy
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2010

We stayed at Kidani Village and would not hesistate to stay there again. We loved the atmosphere, looking at the animals grazing in the savannah. We wish there was a quick service dining option, but the table service, Sanaah, was fantastic. We will definately stay here again when we visit WDW.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family