“cleanliness...again”

Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village
Amman, Jordan
“cleanliness...again”
Reviewed October 19, 2010

I seemed to have only negative experiences with my higher end choices in Orlando this time. Thank god they were "only" cleanliness. I think someone forgot to clean the bathroom. the drawers had hairs and some small stuff in them...yuck!
I did not, however, let this spoil my Disney vacation. Had an amazing dinner at Jiko's @ Jambo house and the whole atmosphere was gorgeous at the AKL. Cool theming and activities, nice pools with a slide! The whole Disney resort area was an excellent experience as it was my first time onsite. Did visit the Poly for Breakfast...yummy, the Grand Floridian Spa for a massage and Citricos for dinner(the very, very best) and the Saratoga Spa as well.
Next time I surely will stay onsite again, maybe even give Kidani another chance...

Stayed October 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (527)
Bellmore
Reviewed October 18, 2010

I am a member of the DVC and this my my first stay at Kidani Village. The Savanna view was nice, but there weren't many animals out at once. My main complaint about the hotel was the lack of food choices. There was no quick service dining in the hotel, only one table service restaurant. There was a pool bar, but my child is not going to eat an uncrustable or a turkey sandwich and believe me, the adult choices weren't very appealing. I found myself staying at the parks late because I knew if I came back to the hotel, there would be nothing to eat unless I wanted to eat in that same restaurant again. Also, the cabinets in the room were very sticky-I have no idea with what and I don't want to know. Even the drawers were sticky.

On the other hand, the staff at the hotel was exceptional. My son was crying because he lost a pin and one of the staff members replaced it for him. It wiped his tears away. We were greeted almost every time we came into the hotel and the hotel was beautiful. Even though there was that sticky substance on the cabinets and drawers, the beds were amazing. After a long day in the park, it was nice to sink into such a comfortable bed.

Overall, the hotel is too far from the parks and they need to do something about the food. I won't stay there gain.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Vacationeer2009
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 15, 2010

This place is amazing. Over looking animals from your room is fantastic. The room I had which was a one bedroom apartment was amazing. Couldn't have asked for anything better. It was So clean as the cleaners came everyday and the room was very spacious and modern. The pool area was ideal for everyone. The only issue i had was getting the theme parks that wasn't Disney. I know it is a Disney hotel and part of a chain, but I also wanted to see other theme parks like universal and sea world. When I asked how to get there at reception the service wasnt very friendly and they pretty much just said get a taxi, which was very expensive. We later found out you can get a links bus for $2 there and back. Apart from that the staff couldn't have been anymore helpful and so nice and friendly. I would definitely go back without a second thought.

• Stayed September 2010
1 Thank SheffieldLassAmy
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed October 14, 2010

We stayed at Kidani Village and would not hesistate to stay there again. We loved the atmosphere, looking at the animals grazing in the savannah. We wish there was a quick service dining option, but the table service, Sanaah, was fantastic. We will definately stay here again when we visit WDW.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank killervol
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed October 13, 2010

The hotel was great. We were in a 2 br villa with a view of the savanna. We loved getting up and eating on the balcony watching the animals and just relaxing. He pool was great for our kids 2 and 4... The beds were great the decorations were amazing and we loved the theming... We would stay there again in a heartbeat... Only problem we had was we missed or bus to the airport… the hotel staff told us the bus out front was not our bus, so we sat in the lobby waiting and waiting and finally I decided to ask someone else where our bus was they came back and said we missed it… I asked if it was the one sitting out there about 20 minutes ago and was told yes… I was very disappointed. Luckily we got on the next bus and still made it to the airport ok…

Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Georgia
Reviewed October 12, 2010

This hotel was the best,we had a 2 bedroom savannah view . The balcony stretched along the side of out our suite. We had 3 full baths the master bath had a huge walk-in granite shower, whirlpool tub. The kida where wowed to have animals grazing out side your balcony. Kidani was nice but the jambo house had way more aminities and. The lobby is awesome.

• Stayed September 2010
1 Thank redan08
Scotland
Reviewed October 7, 2010

As a DVC member this was my first stay at Kidani (our home resort) and I absolutely loved it. We had a one bedroom villa and it was very spacious, very clean and very well equipped. We had a fourth floor villa and some people have complained about the distance from the lobby and elevators to the rooms but I didn't really find an issue with that.

One gripe which I think is quite legitimate is the lack of a quick service restaurant, however it is only a 5 minute walk to the Mara at Jambo House. The new ordering system there is a great improvement and has really improved the speed of getting your food. Before at busy times it could be a bit fraught.

The pool was lovely and the staff seemed to be very good with the kids around the pool - games and competitions etc. The shop is well stocked and is handy for the refillable mugs which are a must if you are staying for any length of time and have kids.

We had no problems with the bus service and never had to wait for any length of time for a bus. Each cast member we encountered couldn't have been more pleasant.

All in all I can't recommend Kidani Village highly enough - I also stayed at the Boradwalk this visit and was not overly impressed in comparison. We are coming back as a family in October 2011 and are definitely on the countdown already!!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends