“The best hotel in Disney World.”

Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village
Reviewed February 12, 2010

I have stayed at almost every hotel in disney. Kadani village villas are the best. The view fantastic, the cleanliness unsurpassed, the decor outstanding!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village

Reviewed February 6, 2010

We recently stayed for one week in a studio at Kidani Village. The theming is outstanding as is typical for Disney resorts. The resort was very clean with plenty of parking. Check in was very quick, and I highly recommend checking in on line prior to arriving. This way, they have a welcome packet already prepared prior to your arrival. The service was very good, and I required additional paper products and utensils and they were promptly delivered to my room. I had a studio, and there was more than enough room for my wife, my son and me. My only criticism is that the bed was very high off the ground and very hard. Also, the mattress on the pull out couch was very hard and had a bar that was quite uncomfortable. Also, the thermostat only allows you to keep the room at 68 degrees, and sometimes we keep it cooler. I would have liked to have the freedom to lower it. The kitchenette area is nice and complete with cabinet space, a microwave, toaster oven, refrigerator, and deep sink. We had a savannah view, and we really enjoyed seeing the animals from our balcony. Keep in mind the savannah is large, so do not expect animals to be in view from your balcony at all times. The resort is VERY large, so it may be a distance from your room to the pool/lobby area. Also, this resort is probably the furthest from Magic Kingdom and Epcot, so be prepared. We decided to rent a car so I can't comment on the Disney transportation. I probably wouldn't stay here again because of the hard beds and the distance from Magic Kingdom and Epcot, but I do think the experience of the savannah view was worth it and enough reason for everyone to stay here at least once.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank njrangerfan
Reviewed February 3, 2010

We stayed in the Jambo house of the Animal Kingdom Villas January 19-January 29, 2010.

Check in Service was outstanding. The CM was friendly, professional and helpful. Which is amazing since it was 4am when we rolled into Orlando.

The CMs at the counter service restaurant were all very knowledgeable and helpful. If it ever appeared that I had more to carry than arms capable to do it, someone would always offer to help carry my trays to our table (where my husband waited with our three kids)

The Buffet restaurant, Boma, had both excellent service and very good food. It's not cuisine, but very good food for the price. We had planned one breakfast there during our stay, but enjoyed the food so much we came back for another visit.

Jiko, their higher end Table Service restaurant was outstanding. We received a complementary soup because we were staying at the lodge, which was a pleasant surprise. Both the food and service were excellent here as well.

The rooms were outstanding. We had a Savanna view and it was great to see the animals, but we were also impressed with the amenities and cleanliness of the rooms. We were in a two bedroom lock-off, and appreciated the large closet in the main living area. There is also ample storage in the master bathroom, quite a pleasant surprise.

1  Thank TN1972
Reviewed January 25, 2010

We had a 2 bedroom suite in Kidani Village last week. The hotel lobby is very impressive, as are the rooms and pool area. I was very disappointed in the Savanna. We hardly saw any animals at all. Granted it was unseasonably cold the week we stayed, when it did warm up we still did not see much. Maybe a antelope strolling by or a giraffe in the distance, thats about it. The distance between everything is very inconvienant. Be prepared for alot of walking. There are no quick service dining facilities in Kidani Village, you actually have to walk to Jambo house. The walk could be at least 7 minutes or at most 20 minutes if you are on the opposite side of Kadani Village. My family are DVC members and we probably wont stay at Animal Kingdom again. We love Disney, but this hotel was not for us.

1  Thank DaveGels
Reviewed January 24, 2010

Great Hotel. The staff is very nice and helpful.
Lots of events/activities for kids.
Great pool with a slide.
Community room with pool table, places to draw, make buttons, play wii, etc.
Great views to see animals.
Try to get room central to lobby as it can be a long walk from one of the ends to the lobby.

1  Thank CJDVirginia
Reviewed January 17, 2010

We stayed in a 2-bedroom Villa at the Kidani Village for 5 nights the week after X-mas. I had booked a Savannah View well in advance through AAA. Okay my thoughts: We were not DVC members when we initially booked . Our room turned out to be extremely far from the main entrance of the hotel on some desolate crescent location WAY OUT on the "Savannah". Then despite this TREK, we ONLY saw maybe one or two animals the entire time (not what we first thought when we booked this view). I cannot agree enough with a prior reviewer, regarding how incredibly far our room was from the lobby. It was so, so difficult to get everyone down (three kids -- one toddler, one grandparent) to the buses and then trudge back to the room when tired from the parks. It was literally a safari to get back and forth from one's room. BOTTOM LINE: MAKE SURE TO REQUEST A SAVANNAH VIEW ON THE GIRAFFE SIDE AS CLOSE TO THE LOBBY AS POSSIBLE! I think the "seasoned" DVC members have likely figured this out already. However, our room (2-bedroom villa) was very well appointed and we were quite pleased with the space. However, the beds are quite firm and not very comfortable! Don't even try to sleep on the pull out sleeping bed (unless you have a steel back). The cleaning / housekeeping service was also very poor for these prices. One morning we even called ahead and asked them to please finish our room before mid-day since our toddler comes back from the parks for a nap. However, this was never done. Finally, the 20 dollar per day internet charge is unbelievable given the room prices (but is usually included for DVC members). Now for some positives: The pool area is great....my 6 and 8 year old loved it. Heated pool in December. The infant / toddler play area is also fabulous; however, too cold in December since this area gets minimal sun. But this area is likely great in the summer and warmer months. Bottom line: Disney is Disney. The kids loved it so much, that we did decide to join the DVC. However, we will likely not be staying at Animal Kingdom again unless we are guaranteed close to the lobby. Otherwise, we'll be at Bay Lake at Contemporary -- can't get much more convenient than that OR fort wilderness if we want that type of experience.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank cdanner
Reviewed January 16, 2010

We rented a 2 bedroom savannah view villa at Kidani Village using DVC points and could not have been happier with it. To our surprise we had 3 full bathrooms. What a plus when you have six people in your party. The Villa was brand new and very beautifully appointed. I would say it was similar to staying in a luxury hotel. The bathrooms were fantastic with spa quality towels and bath products. The only complaints I had were that the lights in all the rooms were dim and our villa was a trek from the lobby. That trek was truly the worst part of our vacation. At the end of a long day in the parks the last thing you want to do is walk a mile to your room.

3  Thank flamingolover_7