“Beautiful family resort”

Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Disney's Kidani Village Villas are beautiful and very spacious. We had a 2 bedroom villa for 7 people and there was plenty of room for everyone. It was especially nice to have a 3rd bathroom. Speaking of the bathrooms, they are also huge, especially the master bath with a separate tub and shower. Actually, I would have liked it if they would have taken some of the bathroom space to make a larger closet. The one negative about these rooms is the lighting. It is horrible. I'm thinking that they kept the lighting low to keep with the African theme. However, they could have put some decent lighting in the bathrooms.
The Kidani Village resort is very quiet, peaceful, and family oriented. It's very enjoyable to wake up every morning to see animals right off the balcony. The children loved this. Also be sure to try the "night vision" goggles in the evenings. It's really cool. There are many other children activities offered at this resort. Just check at the desk and they'll give you all of the information.
However, even though this resort is beautiful, spacious, and children oriented I don't think I would stay here again. It is too far from the parks. Taking a break during the day takes a lot of travel time. We usually stay at the Boardwalk Villas and are use to walking to Epcot and Hollywood. Even the trip to Magic Kingdom is not that far.
Disney's Kidani Village is a beautiful and enjoyable resort and I would recommend that you try it at least one time. However, keep in mind that you will be far from everything else.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms close to the lobby. Many of the rooms are quite a walk to the lobby and transportatio...
1  Thank jean z

Reviewed October 24, 2013

Being DVC members, we have stayed at most of the Disney resorts. We stayed at Jambo House last year, which was great, but this year we couldn't get a reservation there. Kidani Village is a quieter, more off the beaten-path version of Jambo House. While it doesn't have a place to get breakfast each morning, there is a quick service option down by the pool for snacks and lunch. Jambo House has the quick service restaurant for breakfast and, literally, it is 4 tenths of a mile away - lobby to lobby. It takes about 7-8 minutes to walk over there or, you can hop on ANY BUS and it is about a 3 minute ride. Not that big of a deal for us, but for some, they may not like that!

The rooms are really nice at Kidani Village and, yes, some of them can be far away from the lobby. Most of the Disney resorts are like this -- they are big!! Try at least requesting a room near the lobby - usually they can accommodate you. Our room was a 1-bedroom villa and it was enormous. The master bathroom was huge and there was also a separate, full bath in the main part of the room. One complaint I can come up with is the lighting in the room. It is pretty dark - I know it is a whole Africa theme, but the lighting in the master bathroom was pretty horrible I have to admit. Also, the only other thing I can complain about is the mattress wasn't the best. We did not have a Savannah View and, frankly, I would save the $$ or points and just go outside to any of the numerous viewing areas and look. For me, it wasn't worth it, but, for others, it may be very important to be able to see animals while in the room.

We didn't have any problems at all with the buses to or from the parks. At Kidani Village there is a flat screen out by the bus stop that actually tells you when each bus is coming & from what park. It was very accurate. While at the parks, they seem to have finally gotten it together a little better as I remember waiting much longer than we did in the past for buses.

The staff at the hotel were great. In fact, my son had forgotten his bathing suit so we went down to the gift shop and bought him a new one. On our way back to the room -- having made a few stops along the way -- he somehow lost it and we didn't realize it until 2 days later, when we were finally going to the pool. My husband went to the front desk to see if anyone had turned it in - it was brand new with tags still on it! They didn't even hesitate with offering us a brand new bathing suit and not charging us for it. I thought that was absolutely incredible and so above and beyond that ONLY Disney would do something like that.

I would recommend Kidani Village if you don't mind walking / busing to breakfast each morning (which I found nice - the walking, I mean!).

Room Tip: Ask for a room close to the lobby.
1  Thank dsmiley
Reviewed October 23, 2013

We have stayed at Jambo house before and decided to stay here to try it out. We were disappointed. We booked a Savannah view through Disney Vacation Club as members and we checked in prior to arrival and expected a quick check in, however they didn't have any paperwork ready and it was a long check in. Our friends travelling with us had a nearby room just as I had requested however my son who checked in the next day was completely on the other side of the resort. They offered to move him 2 days later. He had to check out in the morning and take his bags to the bell desk and check in after 4pm. Now lets talk about the walk from the elevator to our room. It was so far we really needed a monorail to get there. It wasn't worth it for the view because we saw 2 Giraffe the 1st day and 2 Giraffe the last day and none in-between. There were a couple of other animals during the week but some days there was nothing. After walking all day in the parks the last thing you want is to walk, what seems like miles to your room. The next problem is that we flew in from California so our flight arrived around 6pm and then by the time we got to the property and checked in we were starving. They do not have a quick service restaurant at this property. You either have to walk 10 min or take the shuttle which is like an Econoline Van or you can wait for one of the buses to the parks to get to Jambo House. That lets out getting a quick bite and eating in our room. So we decided to pay for a meal at the one table service restaurant at Kadani Village. Well I was told they were not taking any walk ups only reservations. Really? by the time we ate it was very late. I cannot imagine having little children at that time of night and trying to get some food. It was extremely inconvenient. The pool was nice and the exercise facility was well equipped but you have to walk out of the front of the hotel and walk in your bathing suit to the pool. I also think that Disney could get better mattresses. It wasn't a really good sleep for my husband or I. I wouldn't stay here again but if you decide to stay here don't waste your money on the Savannah view.

1  Thank rmsanch
Reviewed October 22, 2013

As DVC members Kidani is our home resort and our ten days during late Sep/ early October was our second stay. We reserve a 2 bed standard villa and were fortunate enough to be upgraded to a partial Savannah view room this time around without any prompting. We then found out why. The walk to the lobby from near the end of the Pumbaa wing is how do you say nicely....lengthy to say the least. Which for the first day or two is ok. But after a week it starts to grate somewhat. But the trade off with a few limited animals wandering beneath the room was very good indeed. The room cleans after days 4 and seven were nothing short of a debacle. The first one is supposed to be a full clean and linen change. Well that simply didn't happen. And the second one didn't have towels replaced and the shampoos and soaps etc werent restocked leaving us short of linen after a soapless shower. And the chopping board suddenly disappeared into thin air from the kitchen as well. Wouldnt bother us overly normally but when you pay annual dues as well as your initial DVC investment, its simply not good enough. Staff were helpful when required and the resort itself is kept spotlessly clean. The pool is a lovely way to spend a few hours whiling away the afternoon and the advantage of having a kitchen cant be understated. We will return for our next trip in 3 years with a hope that the few hiccups can be corrected and we can enjoy our trip as much as our first trip here in 2010.

Room Tip: Ask to be located close to the lobby. Even if you forgo a Savannah view, try to stay as close to the...
1  Thank TravellerGoat
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Stayed in a one bedroom savannah-view in March 2013. It was wonderful! The resort was well maintained. The kitchens were well equipped with things we needed to cook some of our meals. The pool there was a lot of fun. We have 3 kids, 14, 11, and 3 yrs old. They thought the animals were really neat. LOTS of activities for the kids without going to the parks! The only complaint we have was the lights. They were oddly placed and not many of them. We stayed here on a time share exchange. It was well worth the exchange! We have stayed in the other resort, Jambo house, which we didn't like at all.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank momof3TyTy_Ga
Reviewed October 20, 2013

We stayed in a one bedroom savannah view for a week. We had everything we needed - full kitchen, washer/dryer, 2 bathrooms, flat screen TV's with DVD players, a huge balcony with an AMAZING view.
I am VERY PICKY as to what is considered "clean" and I was impressed. Housekeeping did a wonderful job and my son had no problems with his dust allergies/asthma.
No problems checking in or out. No problems with the new wrist bands. Everyone at the front desk/gift shop/restaurant was friendly beyond belief.
***I could have sat on our balcony FOR HOURS with some coffee and admired the view vs. going to the theme parks. Really. For me, it was equivalent to an ocean view or mountain view.

Room Tip: savannah view
2  Thank Stephanie011
Reviewed October 15, 2013

My fiancee and I stayed at the Animal Kingdom Lodge- Kidani Villiage from 10/5 through 10/10. we We were underwhelmed at first glance of this hotel. There's noting great from the outside front of the hotel. While it was neat looking, nothing too exciting.

Our check in only went some what smoothly. We had a mishap with our magic band, which Sam tried feverishly to fix to no avail, but that wasn't his fault. He was very accomodating, and even gave myself a rose and my fiancee and pirate bandana for the trouble. Very nice! Our room wasn't ready, but only waited about 2 hours. In the mean time, we went to Animal Kingdom, which was an awesome 4 minute ride.

Once into our room, we were greeted with a great space that was decorated perfectly. We had a studio room with kitchenette area. The bed was comfortable as was the couch. The bathroom was very spacious and had a great showerhead. (you know that's important!) We had a balcony facing the parking lot, but our view was mostly trees and the fitness center. Although our room wasn't a savannah (animal viewing room), we were close to the lobby, which was nice. They also had viewing areas of the animals with rocking chairs to sit on, which was great since we didn't have a savannah room. There was also a ton of educational activities going on throughout the day.

With that being said, everything else wasn't too great. Kidani Villiage does not have a quick service restaurant. They do have a small, I emphasize small, gift shop where you can fill up your mug, but that's about it. If you want any kind of snack or meal, you have to go over to Jambo House. The walk wasn't terrible- 10 minutes. You could also hop a bus over to Jambo House since they all stop at Kidani first. Kidani does offer one sit down resturant, but we didn't eat there. The pool at Kindani Villiage was noticably smaller than Jambo House and was nothing great. We went to go for a swim once, but didn't even bother once we saw it. Then there's the buses. The buses going out of Kidani Villiage weren't a terrible wait at all. Maybe 10 minutes; however, going back to Kindani Villiage from a park is a whole different story. From MK, we waiting over 30 minutes every time. DTD was just as bad. It was very frustrating watching several buses for each of the other resorts drive by and not one for yours.

Overall, while it was an okay resort with a nice room, I would not stay there again. Jambo House is another story. They have a grand lobby, a great gift shop, two sit down restaurants and a quick service restaurant. They also have a larger pool/pool area. While the buses are still a thron in my side, if I had a savannah view, I could make it work.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple