Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village
Reviewed September 7, 2013

I requested a room close to the lobby, and I got one - but it wasn't ready when we got there. We wanted to check in early, so we took a room a little farther away. It was a bit of a hike, but not too bad. My children loved all of the animals, and were so excited to watch them. We spent quite a bit of time on the large verandah, simply watching the animals. Every employee that we encountered was exceptional. They were knowledgeable and patient. I loved talking with them about their home countries (so much to learn about life in Africa!). The room was clean and comfortable. I really appreciated the small kitchenette. It was super handy to wake up, eat breakfast and head out. I liked being able to come back and have a snack also. We spent a good amount of time at the pool, and it was clean, warm and well lifeguarded. The waterslide was a real plus. I would love to come back to Kidani.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank butterfly123

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Every time we stay here we never want to leave. From the tranquil music, animals roaming the grounds, the amazing pool, and of course the community hall which is perfect for rainy afternoons. Don't forget to head out back for the nightly bonfires or to the lounge for nightly drumming!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank a_bwesty
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We just finished a week long stay at Kidani Village with our family of 10. This was our first time at the resort, having stayed at all levels of WDW accommodations in the past. Kidani Village surpassed all of our expectations. We booked a two-bedroom suite, which provided us with ample amounts of space even for our big group. The room included two bedrooms (a king and two queens) as well as a pull out sofa and chair/cot in the living room area. The kitchen was well stocked, and the full sized refrigerator and washer/dryer were huge perks.

The view from our room was incredible, and I wound up enjoying the animals much more than I anticipated. Right from our bedroom, we could open the curtains and see giraffes and zebras grazing. It was very unique. The balcony was nicely sized and had chairs and tables, so we sat out there quite a bit as well. Amazingly, there were no problems with bugs anywhere at the resort, which I thought might happen with the animals being so near.

We paid cash for the room rather in DVC points, so we had housekeeping each day, which was a nice surprise. The rooms were very clean and very well kept. Everything seemed in new condition. Beds were wonderfully comfortable, and the decor was beautiful. My one and only complaint would be that the lighting was dim. I know it added to the theme, but it made it difficult to read.

Lobby was beautiful, staff was friendly and accommodating. The parking garage under the rooms was convenient and made it very easy to get around. The pool area is excellent, and they had great activities for the kids. I wish we had more time to spend there, since everyone had fun.

It will be hard to go back to "regular" rooms after this. For a big group, this is much more comfortable and worth the price. The living/dining room area gave us a great area to hang out with each other and then we could retire to our beds/bedrooms. I want to go back to Kidani and stay for at least 10 days next time so we can enjoy the resort even more.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Wow this place is amazing! This was my first trip to Disney and I am so happy I stayed here. We stayed in a 2 bedroom villa with a savanna view; this was also a DVC room. The room was very clean and had a lot of room. It was very nice having a full kitchen with all of the utensils. Also there was a lot of room to sleep, with 1 king, 2 queens, and two couch beds. I loved sitting on the balcony and watching the animals during the afternoon, but they weren't out in the morning or at night so I really didn't see that many. The bus service is also a little slow to the parks beside Animal Kingdom because it is the farthest resort from the parks. The staff was very friendly and had the Disney spirit! I really recommend this place and I would definitely stay here again! :)

Room Tip: Rooms with a savanna room are the best!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed at the kidani villages from Feb 2-9, 2013. My kids, age 2 and 4, loved that there were animals outside our balcony. While the giraffes weren't outside our window that often , we saw zebras, antelope and lots of large birds. We had a studio and this is the minimum needed with small kids. Two days before the trip I ordered groceries online and they were waiting for us in the lobby. We can't wait to go again.
Minus: long bus rides to the parks , but not that bad- brought snacks and iPhone to entertain the kids

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Ebony_10
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My family really enjoyed staying at Kidani Village. It is smaller than Jambo House but that also makes it less crowded. The staff all have excellent customer service and there are plenty of educational experiences for the children. It's wonderful to walk around the resort and see animals that you would only see at the zoo. The pool was great with cast members who really know how to engage with the kids during the poolside activities. We're going back in January 2014.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We love Disney and bought into the DVC program a few years back. We love Kidani village and the rooms at every level are just amazing. There is so much to do at the hotel that you don't even have to go to the parks!! A savannah room is awesome but if you don't feel like splurging don't worry...you can see the animals from all over the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013