“Love the Animal Kingdom Lodge”

Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Love the Animal Kingdom Lodge”
Reviewed June 13, 2011

We stayed in a vacation club Grand Villa! It was great. Service is good....restaurants were fantastic. Adults had as much fun as the kids. We've also stayed in the grand villa in the Jambo house and I actually preferred that! We had 3 more spacious veranda's and a pool table in our unit.
But both are great!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (534)
Caribbean
Reviewed June 13, 2011

There are no ther words!

Magical when you look outside your room and watch the animals, it feels unreal and very far away!

When you walk through the super lobby you feel at awe with the whole place.

The restaurants are awesome, especially Boma for breakfast AND dinner.

We love the flatbreads offered at the cantina and exceptional service!

Will go back again and again.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed June 12, 2011

My husband and I live in Orlando and have been advised on multiple occasions to stay here and get a savannah view. We finally decided to check it off the list and we loved it! We are not vacation club members but we did get into the kidani house second floor near the lobby. Awesome location! We saw plenty of animals! Zebras and giraffes are a must see and we saw plenty of them!!! We enjoyed walking the grounds again and again. I know there have been some complaints about the walk. We disagree but we are pretty fit and we love to walk for exercise. The walks that we took were a large part of the experience!!!

Kidani gym was clean. Lack of wifi not great but I had my iPad and headphones for the elliptical. My husband was a little disappointed with the free weights (only up to 50) but no big deal. Gotta burn off calories more than building muscles anyways because the food is to die for!!!

Downside. The kidani pool was a little small for the older kids (8, 11, 17). The little ones loved it (4, 6). The Jambo house pool is better for the more athletic kid.

Lack of wifi in the room!!! Terrible. I totally missed the advice about bringing your own wireless router from home!! We got iPads, itouches, laptops...there was some withdrawal going on!!

All in all. Glad we finally did it. Another check off the bucket list!!

• Stayed June 2011
1 Thank infl
Houma, Louisiana
Reviewed June 11, 2011

I just returned from Animal Kingdom Villa--Kadani Villas. We are a party of 4 (son 15 and daughter 7)

Wow!! It felt like we were in Africa. (at least while we were at the resort) The resort is beautiful, the staff is friendly and helpful, the atmosphere is fantastic....feels and sounds like africa. Upon entering the resort, we were greeted with a "Welcome Home" from a staff member with an African accent. You could hear the beats of a drum in the distance, and when we walked out to the viewing area and saw the animals......WOW!!

The pool was a huge hit with my kids. (open 24 hours a day) My entire family enjoyed the slide. I couldn't get my daughter off it. (one big and one small slide.) Oh, the life guards are fantastic and very attentive. When we were at the pool a little girl looked like she was having a hard time and one of the male lifeguards jumped in to help her before anyone else even noticed. (I was pretty impressed with that level of attentiveness)

Because of our children's age difference, we decided to stay in a two bedroom with a sivanna view. We learned that a one bedroom would have worked out just fine because of the sleeper chair. We did try it out to test for comfort and we think that it would have been comfortable for the kids. So, next time we will get a 1 bed room.

Now for the not so possitive....tI spent a lot of time waiting for the bus. It didn't work as well for us as it did when we stayed at some of the other resorts. I waited 40 minutes to get a bus to Downtown Disney....and at least 20 to 30 minutes all other times. Last year my average wait was 5 to 15 minutes --Saratoga Springs.

Lacks a table service resturaunt. We had to walk or take the bus (faster to walk) to Jambo house to go to Mara for a quick service meal. I wish Kadani had a QS resturant.

I want to end on a positive, so let me talk about the animals.. The animals weren't within view all of the time, but we usually had several animals outside our room everyday. My children loved getting out the "description paper" and try to identify each animal. We loved it!!!

We go to Disney every June and we will go back to Kadani one day, but not next visit. We are DVC members and this is our "home resort", but I want to try out all of the resorts.

Overall, we were very impressed and the kids loved it!!!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
East Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed June 8, 2011

End of August when the kids are back in school is a magical time at disney. We had the pool to ourselves every morning, no trouble getting on rides (we walked right on). It was awesome. But this hotel is the best that I have ever stayed in (we chose a 1 bedroom villa). Not only is the bathroom the size of a normal bedroom, but the bed is huge and you have 2 beautiful balconies. My husband and I love animals and had several meals on the balcony just watching zebras and giraffes wander by. It is beautiful! I highly recommend! oh but put the do not disturb sign on the door unless you want to pay to have your room cleaned daily.

Room Tip: Book for the end of august.. we saved 40%!
  • Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank stephb6
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed May 16, 2011

We stayed here under my sisters vacation club membership. So some things may not apply to me. I had very little interaction with staff, and we didn't have daily housekeeping so i can't fully rate this place. The resort is billed as a disney "deluxe villa" while it was nice, it was not overly special. we had a connected suite, two rooms and three bathrooms, the place is nice and overall I have no complaints, it just wasn't "deluxe" (but then again maybe I am spoiled by 5 star hotels) This hotel is great for accessing Animal Kingdom. Magic Kingdom is a bit of a trek from here. and despite Disney's claim of a bus every ten minutes, we waited a minimum of 5 minutes to upwards of 30 minutes. average probably 15-20. The animals that are "roving the ground are minimal, (we saw an ostrich and some antelopes or something, and one night, one giraffe) they are not everywhere. The Restaurants are mainly at Jamba house which is an easy 5 minute walk. I have stayed at several Disney hotels, I would stay here again, but It probably wouldn't be my first choice.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Boone, North Carolina
Reviewed May 16, 2011

Just got back from a week long stay at the Animal Kingdom Villas. Had a great time traveling with four kids. Stayed close the lobby on the third floor - very nice! The pool and craft room and animals were a big hit with the kids. This was our first time staying at our home resort and we were impressed.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family