“Nice park but don't we deserve better beach chairs?”

Disney's Blizzard Beach Water Park
Ranked #49 of 442 things to do in Orlando
More attraction details
Owner description: "Disney's Blizzard Beach Water Park, one of 2 Water Parks in Walt Disney World Resort, features one of the world's tallest and fastest free-falling waterslides, as well as slides and rides for the whole family—like a kid-sized, snow-castle fountain play area with scaled-down versions of the more thrilling attractions.
Reviewed November 14, 2013

I like the park and all the attractions but only disappointed that the beach chairs can only lie flat. So you can't readjust to sit up and read a book. For all the money you are paying you might expect some more? If you pay extra there are such beach chairs in a seperate area...

Write a ReviewReviews (6,173)
All reviews
in 133 reviews
"whole family"
in 108 reviews

Reviewed November 13, 2013

Loved Blizzard Beach. This may have been my favorite place at Disney. Lots of fun for the family and they have lockers where you can store personal items. Bring your own food. The food at Disney is expensive and tasteless.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

I was at Blizzard Beach Nov 10 2013 with my 13 year old son and husband. I normally hate water parks and went here unwillingly but it ended up being one of our best days of our vacation! There were two reasons for this--the chairlift and the singles line to get on the chair lift. Climbing stairs to get on a slide is very tiring but this park has a chair lift that takes 3 people at a time to the top of a hill where you can access all the slides. My guide book warned me that the line to get on the lift would be prohibitive and you would probably only get on it once but thanks to the magic of the singles line I rode it 10 times! Once at the top the 3 most popular slides are slush gusher and summit plummit which you have to remove glasses and flip flops for, and teamboat springs which is a family raft ride that takes 6 at a time. All the slides are very smooth with no back jarring joints. There are two slides you ride a mat face down on and two tube rides as well. There is also a very long lazy river and a great wave pool. My 13 year old found lots to do here, we only left because we were pleasantly tired not because we were bored. We ate lunch at Lottawatta lodge (chicken fingers and a chicken caesar salad) which was adequate to our hunger needs but not award winning cuisine. You can also buy a sandpail of icecream here which I would have eaten if I had brought my camera. Get here 30 minutes early to buy your pass if you need one and enjoy the park before it gets busy. Florida seems to get up late and people were still showing up for their first ride at 3 pm! In summary, great way to spend the day when you have nice weather :)

Reviewed November 12, 2013

this was my 8 yr olds pick as a must do while in Orlando and he had a ball! The blizzard theme complete with ski chair lift to get to the higher water slides was really neat. The lifeguards were very attentive to their responsibilities and also very customer focused. Job Well Done!

See more reviews
Reviewed November 11, 2013

This was our day off from all the parks and reservations and fastpass deadlines. It's absolutely great! The wave pool is huge and the kids loved it! For my part, the "lazy river" was my thing. It goes all around the park and has different areas to either get out or join. The park was clean and the slide waiting times were good. You should be in fair shape to climb up to slides, as most of them have between 100 and 150 steps. They have a lot of places to sit, it did not feel crowded, even on a Saturday and the food was good. I LOVED the Christmas music!!