“Sore but(t) great thrill!”

Disney's Blizzard Beach Water Park
Ranked #20 of 421 things to do in Orlando
More attraction details
Owner description: "Disney's Blizzard Beach Water Park, one of 2 Water Parks in Walt Disney World Resort, features one of the world's tallest and fastest free-falling waterslides, as well as slides and rides for the whole family—like a kid-sized, snow-castle fountain play area with scaled-down versions of the more thrilling attractions.
Huntingdon, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Sore but(t) great thrill!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

I'd wanted to ride summit plummet since I saw it years ago. Last time I visited Orlando, we didn't do the water parks. However my new wife is more of a water baby than my last co-visitor so we decided a trip to the beach was in order!

Lockers are a little pricey at 12 bucks for a small one but you do get 5 of that back when returning the key. Changing facilities and restaurant were excellent. Had a nice meal before checking out the slides and activities.

We started in the lazy river. Plenty of floats about and we were soon bobbing along. Great for relaxing and topping up the tan but I was after more of a thrill!

We left and headed towards the ski lift that takes you up to summit plummet. My other half was a little (very) reluctant so stayed at the bottom to wait! I joined the single rider queue and was on within a couple of minutes. Highly recommend the single rider queue because you can fit 3 people on the chair lift and if you don't mind sharing then you will get on very quick, especially if the queue is long.

So I get to the top, and then look up, its still another 50ft or so up some stairs! I begin the climb and join the back of the queue. Biggest mistake - I look over the edge, Christ that's high!! We gradually ascend and I start talking to a nice couple who's 7/8 year old son was buzzing for his first big waterslide! His mum wasn't so sure... But I started telling myself - If he can do it then I can't bug out... "I did a skydive in las vegas once - it can't be that bad" I said, adding to the reasons for looking silly if I were to chicken out!!

So we get to the top, and the couple with their son let me go first... All you can see is an edge. with water flowing over. And big open space! A very big open space!! I sit down in the water trough, and edge closer to a bar that prevents you from falling prematurely. My feet dangle slightly on the lip of the slide. And then the bar lifts, "Enjoy!!" the exuberant attendant cries, and I lay down and edge myself closer to the edge. I cross my legs (protection ;-) ) and fold my arms to my chest. And then I'm off! I can see nothing at all, but just feel myself dropping at an incredible speed! Then I feel pain in my buttocks! My body is moving so fast and my fat legs are slapping the water on the slide going down! Ouch!! I then level out and can finally see the slide i'm hurtling down. I then come to an abrupt stop in the deep water run out and realise why my legs should still be folded! I stand up, worried if the "old chap" is still there, to find i'm now wearing what can only be described as halfway between a thong and something that a Brazilian chap was seen wearing earlier that day! In a somewhat hasty fashion, I de-wedgie myself and return my shorts to how they should be! And hastily meet up with my wife to go and do the other slides with her!

I did ride again a bit later and was again quite painful but at least I kept my legs crossed this time!! Its a brilliant rush though and would definitely go again :)

Highlights were obviously summit plummet and the food at the restaurant. The staff are excellent and very helpful. My only gripe was the number of wasps that were near the refillable drinks machine. Bit of a hairy moment getting a coke!!

Visited September 2013

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

\our family went for the whole day. Our kids loved the slides. There were no line ups. We went around 3pm to 5pm and had all the slides done.

Visited October 2013
Trevor, Wisconsin
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Waterpark with giant doughnuts.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

This waterpark is fantastic. We all had a great time. Try the coffee hut(Not sure of the name) by the beach. It has giant doughnuts. Yum!

Visited August 2013
Eden, Vermont, United States
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

This was the second time I visited this place and it was absolutely amazing as always. I could have more fun.

Visited November 2012
new zealand
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“had a good time”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

Blizzard beach is a very good water park they have lots of different water rides for the whole family to very big one to mild ones for people who dont like scary water rides, they have a kool lazy river that the whole family can spend time together. a acre wave pool, whitewater raft rides where 4 or 6 people can go done on. which i liked very much there are other water rides there . the whole snow mountain theme makes this water park different from all the other water parks i have been to. food wasnt too bad when you spend 3 hours at a water park you get very hungry

Visited August 2013