“Good but not the best orlando water park”

Disney's Blizzard Beach Water Park
Ranked #20 of 424 things to do in Orlando
More attraction details
Owner description: "Disney's Blizzard Beach Water Park, one of 2 Water Parks in Walt Disney World Resort, features one of the world's tallest and fastest free-falling waterslides, as well as slides and rides for the whole family—like a kid-sized, snow-castle fountain play area with scaled-down versions of the more thrilling attractions.
Stirling, Scotland
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Good but not the best orlando water park”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Good water park, clean and a few great slides. The wave pool has a very rough surface so be careful - nice little beach area, purchase the Disney cups and refill for free as often as you like.

1 Thank diddlydi69

12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“fun fun fun”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I read reviews that this water park wasn't good for little children. That was false this was a first time and it was awesome!! Kids 4 and 8 enjoy themselves

Visited August 2013
Hamilton, Canada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“So fun!”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Best lazy river and the wave pool was great! We couldn't find any empty tubes at the pool but it was still fun to swim without one. Great theme atmosphere too and I LOVED the Christmas music :) Lots of chairs and shady spots.

Didcot, England, United Kingdom
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great Theme”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I had a great time here in June, it was amazing. The park is lovely themed and the slides are superb. I however spent most of the time in the lay river which is great, but not the best in Orlando.I would recommend you visit this on your trip and use it as one of your lazy days.

Visited June 2013
Arnhem, The Netherlands
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Nice waterpark”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

When I had to choose between Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach, I decided to go for BB, mainly for the slides. And there were quite a few of them.
Snow Stormers had 3 different tubes, which made it a reason to get back up a few times.
I think I understand why the Runoff Rapids made the slide enclosed for single riders, but it did become a little boring after 2 rides. In the end I waited for someone who was also getting a single tube and asked him to go together, so I could be on the open slide for once.

A nice advantage of being alone though was the chairlift. Parties of 2 or more had a pretty long line. Even when in itself the waiting times weren't that long, being a single rider made me be able to go on and on and on without having to wait for more than 3 minutes. And I needed this lift: going up the stairs every time, especially all the way up to Summit Plummet was okay once, but not 4 times in a row... So the chairlift was a good idea!

I found the Cross Country Creek nice, up until a group of people (family?) decided to make it a sort of race. Splashing on the water, pushing and pushing the tubes, swimming in the river and shoving you aside, screaming loudly, it was pretty annoying. I got off at the first stop, and even then they were all over the place, screaming and pushing against you with their tube.

The top of the slides to me were the Slush Gusher, which was good practice for the ultimate slide... I went off twice and the second time it got me to feel like I was flying/coming off the slide. Freaky, but very cool as well!
And then... then there was the Summit Plummet. The dive down 120ft with 60mph. Did I dare to go on? no... yes... no...maybe... oh what the heck..... everyone else has come out without any broken limbs... so yeah!
I did feel very nervous going up. Heart was racing, legs were rubbery... but I was glad to find out I wasn't the only one. The first ride for many seemed to be this nervewrecking. And then I went off. Wow! It was actually not as bad as I thought it would be, but you do go down awfully fast.
I decided to go once again and that was only fun, no more nerves. As it did hurt my legs and back more than the first time, to me that was enough.

I spent about 5 hours in this park. I enjoyed every minute of it and would recommend it as an option if you want a nice waterpark. Waiting times in september were almost non existent. Summit Plummet and Slush Gusher probably had the longest of about 10 minutes. Go there off season.

One more thing: if you want to rent a locker, bring money. That felt like a rip off. 13 dollars to rent a locker and oh yeah, you get 5 of them back if you bring back the key and receipt before the end of the day, but still. When I rent a locker in a swimming pool in my country, you pay a deposit which you get back when you empty out your locker. You don't pay 8 dollars anyway!
And I had to rent one, being alone with no one to watch my stuff, so there wasn't much of a choice. I find the ticket price high enough by themselves without the locker rental.

1 Thank MariskaRoodmutsje