“Nice waterpark”

Disney's Blizzard Beach Water Park
Ranked #20 of 425 things to do in Orlando
More attraction details
Owner description: "Disney's Blizzard Beach Water Park, one of 2 Water Parks in Walt Disney World Resort, features one of the world's tallest and fastest free-falling waterslides, as well as slides and rides for the whole family—like a kid-sized, snow-castle fountain play area with scaled-down versions of the more thrilling attractions.
Arnhem, The Netherlands
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Nice waterpark”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

When I had to choose between Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach, I decided to go for BB, mainly for the slides. And there were quite a few of them.
Snow Stormers had 3 different tubes, which made it a reason to get back up a few times.
I think I understand why the Runoff Rapids made the slide enclosed for single riders, but it did become a little boring after 2 rides. In the end I waited for someone who was also getting a single tube and asked him to go together, so I could be on the open slide for once.

A nice advantage of being alone though was the chairlift. Parties of 2 or more had a pretty long line. Even when in itself the waiting times weren't that long, being a single rider made me be able to go on and on and on without having to wait for more than 3 minutes. And I needed this lift: going up the stairs every time, especially all the way up to Summit Plummet was okay once, but not 4 times in a row... So the chairlift was a good idea!

I found the Cross Country Creek nice, up until a group of people (family?) decided to make it a sort of race. Splashing on the water, pushing and pushing the tubes, swimming in the river and shoving you aside, screaming loudly, it was pretty annoying. I got off at the first stop, and even then they were all over the place, screaming and pushing against you with their tube.

The top of the slides to me were the Slush Gusher, which was good practice for the ultimate slide... I went off twice and the second time it got me to feel like I was flying/coming off the slide. Freaky, but very cool as well!
And then... then there was the Summit Plummet. The dive down 120ft with 60mph. Did I dare to go on? no... yes... no...maybe... oh what the heck..... everyone else has come out without any broken limbs... so yeah!
I did feel very nervous going up. Heart was racing, legs were rubbery... but I was glad to find out I wasn't the only one. The first ride for many seemed to be this nervewrecking. And then I went off. Wow! It was actually not as bad as I thought it would be, but you do go down awfully fast.
I decided to go once again and that was only fun, no more nerves. As it did hurt my legs and back more than the first time, to me that was enough.

I spent about 5 hours in this park. I enjoyed every minute of it and would recommend it as an option if you want a nice waterpark. Waiting times in september were almost non existent. Summit Plummet and Slush Gusher probably had the longest of about 10 minutes. Go there off season.

One more thing: if you want to rent a locker, bring money. That felt like a rip off. 13 dollars to rent a locker and oh yeah, you get 5 of them back if you bring back the key and receipt before the end of the day, but still. When I rent a locker in a swimming pool in my country, you pay a deposit which you get back when you empty out your locker. You don't pay 8 dollars anyway!
And I had to rent one, being alone with no one to watch my stuff, so there wasn't much of a choice. I find the ticket price high enough by themselves without the locker rental.

1 Thank MariskaRoodmutsje

• Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Tel-Aviv
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Better go early in the morning”
Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

We visited this waterpark twice in September with our 3 kids (5-10 yo). The park has a great decor, as a ski resort, which makes it very interesting and funny.

It doesn't have too many rides, getting around the trails is a bit complicated, but it's a very good chill out from the amusement parks.

My advice: if you go during the rainy season, the rain seems to start at around 2 pm or a bit later, and if a storm is expected to come in, they close the park. So it's better to come early in the morning.

Guisborough, United Kingdom
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Something for all”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Bizarre design but somehow it works. Snow covered rocks and a ski chair-lift for lazy Americans who don't like stairs. Funny how the queues on Mount Gushmore reduce when the ski chair-lift stops! Free parking at the water parks is a bonus although they probably know they are almost guaranteed to get $15 out of you anyway on locker charges (with $5 returned for the key). You can take in your own cool box with refreshments if you want.

I don't moan about getting a bed or chair in the best spot as spend little time in it. Some good adrenalin moments doing Summit Plummet and the lesser Slush Gusher. Not quite the freefall it is painted out as for the first one but you certainly get the feeling of height. The wait is more nervey than the ride and big queues build so patience is required. Good mix of tube rides and ones using foam mats. You get the feeling the place was designed by architects who don't use the parks themselves as there was no quick route anywhere ... everything seemed to involve long walks.

I would recommend giving the Double Dipper a miss if the queues are 30 mins+, it is a VERY slow moving queue (feels a lot longer than the advertised time) for what is a 5 sec ride ... not worth the wait. The lazy river is a long ride that you can dip in or out of at various stops but a good chance to chill.

Visited August 2013
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“great day at water park”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

The day was great lots to do for everyone ranging from small kids to big kids. Lots of fun for everyone. Nice selection of food to choose from.

Island of Malta, Malta
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“A must do in Orlando. Ranked in my top 2 water parks.”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

This one of the best if not the best water park I visited during our 12 days in Orlando.We have 3 kids 12,10and 5. They loved it. This park has some trill to its slides so if you want some trill it's a great park to visit. My suggestion is that you go early possibly at 10 am. Immediately find a good spot by the main pool and hold on to one or two sun beds. Then you could rent out a locker to keep any valuables safe. Now you are all set to travel around the park. Our five year old was able to ride on 90% of the slides , which made it ideal for the whole family. The environment as always in a Disney park is superb, water temperature is perfect as it is heated to the comfort zone. Wait in Sept is not an issue so most of the time the wait does not exceed 15 mins. Service you get from Disney staff is top notch as usual. Disney are truly one step ahead when it come to the overall service and customer experience. Can't say the same for the food offered in their parks which I feel is their weakness compared to other non Disney parks. One thing I suggest is that you buy is a water proof camera which you will find useful not only for this park but for most of the parks in Orlando.