“Great for kids and that's about it”

Disney's Blizzard Beach Water Park
Ranked #20 of 424 things to do in Orlando
More attraction details
Owner description: "Disney's Blizzard Beach Water Park, one of 2 Water Parks in Walt Disney World Resort, features one of the world's tallest and fastest free-falling waterslides, as well as slides and rides for the whole family—like a kid-sized, snow-castle fountain play area with scaled-down versions of the more thrilling attractions.
Peabody, Massachusetts
59 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 90 helpful votes
“Great for kids and that's about it”
Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

This was our third time..got there at 10am and we were done with the rides by 10:45am..the lazy river is FILTHY..it is filled with leaves, twigs, and dead bugs..it is about 2.5 ft deep there is a sign that says you can use a tub or just swim..use a TUBE the bottom is so rough that I scratched up my knee pretty bad..the water is way to shallow to swim and I'm only 5'3..the wave pool also has a very rough bottom..the food was not good the ceasar salad was very soggy and not tasty and my fruit salad let's just say it was on it last leg but there is a donut stand with mini donuts and you can choose a dipping sauce (white chocolate,chocolate, or raspberry) I tried the raspberry sauce they were out of this world..as far as I'm concerned Aquatica is the best water park in Orlando closely followed by Typhoon Lagoon..would I come here again its doubtful

1 Thank papsj

44 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Love love love”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

What is it really advertised is that this park is only open from 10am to 5pm. Therefore you can always plan to stay at the park til five, have supper and head out to a show or fireworks. I bed the ski resort theme. The chairlift is a great idea and the wait was not long. My family and I enjoyed the family rafting ride and rode it twice. There were very little height restrictions which was awesome since my 8 year old is only about 44 inches tall. It there was very little that he couldn't go on. The wave pool is ok, however I liked the one at typhoon lagoon better. If you choose not to use the chairlift there is a ton of stairs you can climb to get to the family ride along with the speed slides. There are plenty of quick service areas to eat, but they are only open for lunch. Lines are not long and easy to navigate. Bring water shoes. A large locker will cost you 15 dollars to rent and is not big enough for a family of four, so your best to get two. We left our towels in our locker and dried off at the end of the day. There are beach chairs where you can leave belongings however, the park is large and you may end up far from your belongings. Also they may not be there when you return. Bring the minimum with you as possible.

missouri
67 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 74 helpful votes
“We loved Blizzard Beach”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We had so much fun at Blizzard Beach! We've been to Disney numerous times, but always spend our time at the parks. This time we got the fun & more package. It really wasn't that much more to add on to our tickets and it was SO WORTH IT!!! Loved the water slides! LOVED LOVED LOVED Summit Plummit! I'm a big chicken and almost didn't ride it, but I did and LOVED it! I think we rode it 5 times in a row! May is a great time to go because it does get hot during the day, but the park wasn't overly crowded!

Gibsonia, Pennsylvania, United States
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“The Thrilling Water park”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

This water park is about thrills. I feel that teenagers and thrill seekers will enjoy this water park more than Typhoon Lagoon. If you like to go up high in the air and then come down FAST, then this is the water park for you. Don't worry about the stairs, this water park has a ski lift. The wave pool is smaller & tamer than the one at Typhoon Lagoon.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Daniel B
Orlando, Florida
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“What's not to enjoy”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Blizzard Beach located on the Disney property is a day full of fun for the entire family. Play on the lazy river or go down the slides. They also have a place to get something to eat.

Visited September 2012