“Wish we spent more time here”

Disney's Blizzard Beach Water Park
Ranked #20 of 437 things to do in Orlando
More attraction details
Owner description: "Disney's Blizzard Beach Water Park, one of 2 Water Parks in Walt Disney World Resort, features one of the world's tallest and fastest free-falling waterslides, as well as slides and rides for the whole family—like a kid-sized, snow-castle fountain play area with scaled-down versions of the more thrilling attractions.
Reviewed February 21, 2013

This has taken top spot for my absolute favourite water park anywhere! We only spent a day, and I wish we could have returned for more lazy days here.

We loved the ski lodge feel and the slides and rides were fantastic. My two teenagers could not get enough of them. They preferred the large pool here to Typhoon Lagoon. They also thought the family ride was a blast.

Highly recommend a visit or two here when you are in Orlando. Can't beat it!

2  Thank MacBluenoser

Reviewed February 19, 2013

We enjoyed our visit as a family with two small kids in April. It was in between seasons so it was still busy but not overwhelmingly busy. We did have to arrive early to find a spot to "park" our things and it did take a little time but once we settled it was fine! The weather was warm but not blazing like the summer so it was just right. My husband and 4 y/o enjoyed all of the slides my daughter's height would allow. She's a brave one and she had an absolute BLAST! I also appreciated the decorated theme of christmas and skiing mixed in with beachy themes-- too cute.

1  Thank TeamJJJ
Reviewed February 17, 2013

After going to WDW for years (more than once per year), we finally decided to try Blizzard Beach. Great experience! Here's my advice. 1) get there early to stake out a nice spot by the wave pool (I would walk all the way around to the end of the wave pool and find some lounges there. 2) Do not rent one of the reserved lounge areas -- they are far from the water 3) Get the tall slides done first as the line gets long 4) if you are bringing a kindle or iPad to read, bring your own waterproof cover, they don't sell them at the shop -- the one I got from Amazon was cheap and works great (but I forgot to pack it).

One final note, be careful around the drink refill stations -- I stood barefoot on the drainage grate and a wasp stung me on the bottom of my foot.

3  Thank BorisMD
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Best Disney watermark for young kids. It's clean and great picnic areas. There are lots of rides for little ones. The family ride is awesome. Typhoon lagoon is more for older kids. My 2 and 4 year olds had a blast here.

2  Thank WilliamsFamily7
Reviewed February 16, 2013

This was great. We went on a day when it was little cool but the water is heated and the crowds were down. There is the big slide, forgot the name and a slow ride around the park which was nice when wanting to take a break

2  Thank jeffvall94