“Slip Slidin' Away”

Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park
Ranked #15 of 424 things to do in Orlando
More attraction details
Owner description: Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park, one of 2 Water Parks in Walt Disney World Resort, features attractions for the whole family—from fast waterslides to a children's area with pint-sized raft rides. Catch 6-foot waves in the Surf Pool and snorkel Shark Reef—with real sharks!Escape to a tropical paradise where you'll discover a storm of fun in the sun. Disney's Typhoon Lagoon water park is the place to go for aquatic thrill-seekers of all ages. In addition to great waterslides, you'll love the lazy river, wave pool and children's play area!
Brighton, United Kingdom
63 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 293 helpful votes
“Slip Slidin' Away”
Reviewed November 26, 2013

This is the best water park I've been too. It has an amazing variety of water slides and rides, with the added bonus of a huge wave pool for surfing and swimming with sharks. Will definitely go again next time I'm in Orlando.

Visited August 2013

• Turkish first
Las Vegas, Nevada
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Best Water Park I've Been To”
Reviewed November 22, 2013

Simply put: this is the greatest water park I have ever been to. Growing up our family vacations mostly included water parks so I've always loved them. The first time I visited Typhoon Lagoon was four years ago and it was one of the best days of my life. My kids (9 & 8 at the time) were very happy to be here and that made me very happy as well. Furthermore, the rides are so much fun. I remember thinking we were going to have issues to which ride to go to first, but to my surprise the kids, wife and I were just like whichever is good. This made that experience so beautiful. We were very happy to be here together and the rest didn't matter.

I was so happy that I remember telling my wife we had to come back and we did the following year this time for a longer period of time. The Typhoon Lagoon was again a great experience. We had a great time once more. the rides were still very fun particularly the wave pool, I doubt there's anything like it around the world.

Two more years passed and we decided to go back to Disneyworld this year (2013). Typhoon Lagoon was on the top of our list of things to do. I figured it would be fun again, however, I have forgotten how fun. Yet again Typhoon Lagoon was one of my favorite parks to visit in Disneyworld if not my favorite. I don't know why, but I just feel like a kid when I'm here and my kids and wife also love it. We also visited Blizzard Beach as we've done in the past, however, we all agreed that we should've gone to Typhoon Lagoon instead.

1 Thank serrano e
Orlando, Florida
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 89 helpful votes
“BIG WAVES, SHARKS, SUN, FAST RIDES - GREAT DAY OUT!”
Reviewed November 17, 2013

We brought our 2 young girls here 6 & 9 years and we all loved it.

We started off with a good lap of the lazy river, before the crowds came in, top tip!

Then off to the family tube ride, sit adults together as it spins the raft faster.

We did the swim with the sharks, well the snorkel over the baby sharks.
This is with a face mask and snorkel, a quick safety brief ie don't stop on the large rock (very hard not to) or kick your legs. The water is cold (north sea cold for us Brits) but you get over it very quickly. Fish swim close to you but the sharks (baby ones) never move off the floor so totally safe. This is free but you can pay $50 each for a tank to dive with them but we wanted to spend the cash on presents in Disney.

Lunch was as expected normal park food, why do people complain for its not like its a Michelin star venue and you are disappointed in what they produce. You know it's going to be average so why moan?

Then the bit we all go for the wave machine. On hearing the boom a wave rises up against the far wall and starts racing down the pool. Stay about 5 meters off the rope and then swim as your life depends on it and keep going, I did this several times and you actually ride the crest of the wave and it looks really cool (wife's own words).
There is a gap where the wave hits you and it's ok then a little further back to the beach the power sweeps you off your feet.

The floor is quite rough, but this is an anti slip floor so when you skid across it you know about it!

Nice that other swimmers look out for each other when the waves come crashing through, hanging onto children that get swept by, a few bikini tops are loosen much to the embarrassment of a few but the enjoyment of the masses!

Really good day for a break from the parks. Takes 30 mins transfer from All Star Resort for a quick guide. We got a big locker and towels you get $5 refund so not too bad, shop sells waterproof cameras, sun lotion, towels, and lots of accessories.

Visited August 2013
Lake City, Florida
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 69 helpful votes
“Shade & Sun”
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Our family prefers Typhoon Lagoon due to the availability of shaded and sunny lounge chairs/ ares. You are allowed a cooler with soft drinks and food. this is very cost effective especially when we camp in Fort Wilderness. If you find an area with a covered pavilion, you will have cover during frequent rain showers. The ride are fun and other individual and family rides. You will get a good work out walking up and down steps to reach the rides but the stairs seem less than Blizzard Beach. Restrooms are clean, food service good.

Preston, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Awesome waves..”
Reviewed November 16, 2013

My family enjoyed Typhoon Lagoon so much on our 2 week stay in Disney Orlando we went 3 times. The up to 6ft waves that charge down the main pool are the best could spend all day at this park as we did and not get bored !! Will definately be going back next time we visit