“Great even in the rain”

Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park
Ranked #14 of 442 things to do in Orlando
More attraction details
Owner description: Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park, one of 2 Water Parks in Walt Disney World Resort, features attractions for the whole family—from fast waterslides to a children's area with pint-sized raft rides. Catch 6-foot waves in the Surf Pool and snorkel Shark Reef—with real sharks!Escape to a tropical paradise where you'll discover a storm of fun in the sun. Disney's Typhoon Lagoon water park is the place to go for aquatic thrill-seekers of all ages. In addition to great waterslides, you'll love the lazy river, wave pool and children's play area!
Reviewed June 6, 2013

We went in pouring rain that only slowed down slightly during our three hours of fun. The shark pool was the highlight for our waterloving family. The rain was not too cold and the minimal number of people made the lines nonexistant. Although the rides are not superfast or wild, the change of pace from the other Disney worlds was very welcomed for us. The wave pool is fun but not for little kids and don't try to body surf near the shallow as the floor is quite rough (good for not slipping). Plenty of shady places to sit on hot sunny days.

1  Thank Veronika-in-Boston
Write a ReviewReviews (8,426)

Reviewed June 6, 2013

We love this original Water park only 3nd to Disney's Blizzard Beach. Great Wave Pool and Heated Water!

Reviewed June 6, 2013

We went to Typhoon Lagoon during our February trip... Our family consists of mom, dad, 13 year old son and 11 year old daughter. We wanted to experience Blizzard Beach but they were being refurbished during our stay :( . We frequent a water park back home in Louisiana (Blue Bayou in Baton Rouge) and I can't help but to compare the two. In comparison, Disney has a huge win on the visual ~ everything is clean, themed and beautiful at this Disney park, However, there are less rides and things to do here. Walking thru the beautiful landscapes is very nice, but the kids are looking for as many things to do as possible and couldn't care less about the tended to gardens, topiaries, rare flowering plants and polished rails. I personally appreciate those though...

The wave pool was hysterical ~ I laughed so hard when I was able to pull myself up from the bottom of the pool, re-adjust my bathing suit, get my hair out of my face, and breathe. I was quite happy that I didn't drown here. We were not at the front, where the waves are the roughest ~ we were near the end of the zero depth wave pool and those waves are extreme, even at the end where you think you will be "taped" with only slight waves. Those waves knocked us all off of our feet, threw us around, almost drowned us, so we stayed there and laughed in the face of death for about 15 minutes... We hadn't seen anyone receive CPR during our courageous swimming adventure, which was amazing. I was just waiting for the floating bodies to start coming my way when the waves calmed down... My kids were thrilled when we said it was time to move on. They do not appreciate the water up the nose thing and near death experience as I, apparently. Bottom line ~ NOT for little kids, women with non water proof eye liner or who just got their hair done and want to keep it dry nor anyone who is not into rough waters aka fear of drowning.

We ran out of things to do here so we went to Disney Quest. The day was a nice, eventful visit when combining those 2 parks, as I wouldn't want to spend all day at either place, so half a day at water park and half day at DQ was perfect.

2  Thank pepperidge
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Best water park there is. Love the water slides and the tidal wave. Only thing I don't like about it is that you get scratched when the wave hits you. Because the floor is man made

1  Thank Amy D
Reviewed June 6, 2013

This water park is amazing. Love the theme and there's so much there to do, you do have to wonder past the wave pool to find treasure, but it's there!!