“Ok but not as much for younger kids.”
Review of Wet 'n Wild - CLOSED

Wet 'n Wild
More attraction details
Owner description: This popular water park is fun for the whole family, offering a variety of pools, slides, thrill rides, activities and shows.
Reviewed July 23, 2013

First time here with my 14 and 10 year olds. Im not a fan of water chutes and high slides etc but thought as the kids usually go on these things without me anyway they would be fine. However anyone 48" or under had to have an adult with them. This ruled out a lot of the rides for my 10 year old who came in just under the 48". He still played on the new Sandcastle attraction and was able to use the shallow end of the wave pool but that was about it. We arrived about 11am and were just about able to find vacant sunloungers. We found the ribs meal deal to not be very nice, chicken tenders and fries from another restaurant were much nicer. It did rain but the rides stayed open as the lightning didnt come. On a sunny day this would be a good place to lie back and catch some sun, IF the kids are tall enough to slide without you! Lazy river was quite good but it was a free for all getting a ring to float in. I ended up walking around it instead.

1  Thank travelmumBelfast

Reviewed July 22, 2013

I'm not going to write a book but we had a flexi-ticket and you pay $12 to park your car $55 to get in if you are paying on the day and $14 for a locker. And not one member of staff could tell us that ALL RIDES were closed due to the downpour they had had 20 minutes before. 30 minutes later the rides reopened. We all decide to go on the Lazy river for 10 minutes then we are told to get out because its raining. The rain continued for another 90 minutes so we left. No refund or another day voucher. Very poor! Like other people on here have said stick to the Disney Water parks. Different class.

1  Thank toneok
Reviewed July 22, 2013

This was another pleasant surprise for our trip. We went to wet n wild on our first week. It rained but as there was no thunder/lightening the rides remained open. We went on each of the rides and they were all excellent! We waited longest for brainwash, but it was worth the wait!
We went back to wet n wild in our 2nd week, but unfortunately there was a storm. W gave up and went back to our hotel.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

This was my first trip back to WnW since I was 6. Now I have a 6 and 4 year old of my own. They absolutely loved it. My 6 year old is 51" tall, so he could do everything in the park (he did everything except the two big drops). My 4 year old is 42" tall and she could do many of the family rides as well as the Mach 5 (which is very fun). The storm is the best ride, though it is over very quick. I liked the thrill of BombBay and the kids like Disco and Surge as well as Mach 5. The kids play area is incredible. The kids spent hours in it. I actually had fun in it as well.
My main tip is: BUY the EXPRESS PASS. We bought the single use one, which allows you to do every ride once (they mark it off as you do each slide). This was enough for us since the kids spent a lot of time in the play area. Teenagers/Adults wanting to ride slides all day should buy the unlimited Express Pass.
Parking was annoying as the traffic director from the street left for 10 minutes to talk to a friend, which created mass chaos in the street. We were directed to the very back to park even though there was 1/5 of the lot open at the front.
The Biggest problem is the lack of instructions, directions, and signs in the park. We had are tickets, but it was not clear where we needed to go to get in the park. Once in the park, you have no idea where to go and which line is for what thing. The lines sometimes cross halfway up to your slide. You do not know if you are supposed to get your own tube or if they are provided at the top (some of both). You can get a map, but once you get it wet, it falls apart! The staff does not add to the experience at all, they are disinterested in the fact that people are paying to be entertained at a park. You'd think that it would be a job requirement to smile and interact. I realize that they are lifeguards (mostly), but it would be nice if they were cheerful while doing so.
FOOD: If you are not going for a full day, don't buy the all you can eat pass. You have to do it within one area and while good, it is not awesome. If you can eat two meals there, it is probably worth it, but anything less just eat a cheeseburger at one of the food shops.
Be prepared to walk/climb stairs! Don't wear shoes. Wear flip flips and put them in a locker. Most slides will not allow any footwear or loose clothing. While this is in Florida, do not wear JORTS(jeans shorts) (not that you should EVER wear them) they do not allow denim or zippers on the slides.

2  Thank Casualtriptaker1
See more reviews
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Our family purchased the "Pay for a Day, Play all Year" pass -- and it was/is way worth it! We have a BLAST every time we go! I have two sons - a 7 year old and a 2 year old - and they can't get enough of the place! We go just about every other weekend (depending on the weather) and it never gets old! The height requirements for the rides are perfect to where my 7 year old can go on just about every ride and my 2 year old can go on every family ride, as well! Not to forget the Blastaway Beach Kid's area!!! We started setting up camp at a table over there because that is our main play area! The lazy river is great, too. My 64 year-old mother doesn't like how crowded it can get in there, so the little cove with the waterfalls and wall jets with seating is what gets her in there with us and the kids! We always bring a cooler with sandwiches, snacks and drinks but the food isn't ridiculously priced. We normally always end the day with some ice cream. :)

1  Thank jbokmn