“VERY impressed”

Gatorland General Admission Ticket
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Gatorland features 3,000 gators and 89 crocodiles, as well as a number of bird and snake exhibits.
Reviewed March 11, 2014

I have to admit, I had low expectations coming here. I hadn't really heard of it before even though I've been to Orlando 6 or 7 times. It seemed like it would be lame and smelly. I don't love alligators but I'm always interested in learning new things about animals.

I was happily surprised. Everyone who worked there was SO great! From the ticket/entrance to the shows, to the photograph stand workers, etc. They were outgoing, helpful, funny, and knowledgeable. Mike at the feeding attraction was the best. He photobombed our gator selfie and I love him for it. I seriously had just as much fun here as I did at WDW and Universal. It's really fun and I highly recommend it.

There are newer reviews for Gatorland

Reviewed March 11, 2014

While you will find tons of Gators in every size. and many other species romping through ample encasements, it was the price of admission that made us surprised. Veterans and active military which we had one in our party was admitted for free. I've seen generous discounts to thank those who have served but to date not free admission, and a generous discount for veterans family. We visited once before and were looking for a couple hour adventure before our plane left. And we were not disappointed by Gatorland Family own and operated since its beginning.

2  Thank lori730
Reviewed March 11, 2014

We love Gatorland. The park is huge and there are gators and other animals to see. You can get up and close to the gators. There are a couple of must see shows. There is a water area for the younger children to play in.

1  Thank Patrick C
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Not the way I would have thought to celebrate our anniversary, but the man and the boy wanted to see alligators. Being from the West Coast of Canada, it is not something we see at any time. It was really a good time. We were surprised at how well laid out this park/reserve was. The 12 minute train ride was informative and fun. We loved the gator feeding show and really got into cheering our wrangler on. The Gator wrestling show was quite informative and fun to watch, we all got our pictures taken rastl'n the gator...perfectly safe even for kids, two keepers keeping a really close watch on you. The Florida panther display was very nice, I did not even know Florida had panthers. By far, the coolest thing at the park were the four albino alligators. From their information, only twelve in the world (all males) and they have four of them. In talking with the staff, they are really hoping to find a female to help increase those numbers. Snakes, tons of big and little gators and all those free-loading birds wanting the food made for a really fun day. We bought the bundle package to save some money and it gives you a food pack to feed the gators, the train trip and admission. It was a really great value especially after the price of Universal and Disney. This is something we will never see again and in the end, I am really glad that we went to see these fabulous creatures. If you take your time and see everything in the park, it will take a good 4 hours, you can even zipline over the alligators if you reserve. There is also a waterpark for the kids right on the grounds, Enjoy the day and learn a little, we did. Also loved the "inside joke" on the employee name tags. Ask them about that. Very friendly and knowledgeable staff.. I can honestly say that I will never see anyone serenade an alligator again...lol

3  Thank mickeyfamily
Reviewed March 10, 2014

This is perfect for an afternoon out. Much alligators, a couple of shows and trails to walk to see birds.